Cool hidden features nobody knew about.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tm Tarantulas, Sep 24, 2009.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Exactly

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because damn... It's like for every post where someone is actually posting what they feel is a new or hidden feature, there's another dozen saying that guy is an idiot.

• Like Like x 4
  3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    The first post was in 2009 its irrelevant. the first page has a guy that never realized you could extend the legs on g1 airealbots despite owning them for years...

And on the second page people were already questioning what a hidden feature is. Its possible for the thread to grow and an understanding of what we all mean by hidden to evolve.

The general consensus is an homage or something undocumented.

The hell is so hard to understand about that?

• Like Like x 4
  4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    your avatar makes your post more awesome,

• Like Like x 1
  5. optimusmegas

Ebay:
    I have no problem starting a new hidden feature thread with rules in the first post if you'd like

I'll also post the definition of "hidden feature" so that the obvious doesn't have to keep being pointed out

• Like Like x 3
  6. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not to mention that’s how this thread was started — no rules or definition of what a hidden feature is, just…
    If anyone wants a thread strictly for undocumented features that are intentionally designed by Hasbro/Takara Tomy, then they should start a new thread with rules in the first post.

The first post is relevant since it started the thread and set the topic. There are several other threads that state rules in the first post in order to make things clear. This is not one of them, what’s so hard to understand about that?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That would be the best way to have a thread that contains what you’re looking for, and to be able to let go of trying to make this one something that it isn’t.

I’d also recommend you don’t use “hidden features” in the thread title, since that can be easily misinterpreted. Something like “undocumented design features” would seem to be more appropriate.

8. optimusmegas

Ebay:
    Thats what this is: HIDDEN FEATURES

that's exactly what this is. There aren't rules in the first post there's barely guidelines. The first post is full of pics that have long been removed.

This thread has an understanding and it has actual hidden undocumented features throughout. If you dont give a little reminder as to what is meant by hidden you get posts like "hey guys I just realized my CW optimus prime turns into a truck! AND he can hold guns from anyone else that has a 5mm grip! I never knew!"

its clear the OP isnt coming around so its up to the now 8 year evolution of this thread to remain. Plenty of people get it....others seem slow on the uptake. Can you honestly call heel spurs hidden just because you threw the instructions away before looking at them? Do you honestly feel cramming a figure in an open slot on another figure hidden?

• Like Like x 3
  9. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    Hidden feature: You people are able to chill out! It's not documented in your instruction manual but it's really cool to try.

• Like Like x 6
  10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Some folks threw their instructions manuals away....

• Like Like x 5
  12. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If it had an understanding then there wouldn’t be such a frequent need to correct people.

I know there have been and still are posts in here about true, proper hidden features. I know that’s what this thread became after it’s vague beginnings.

I also know that there are plenty of people who will post here about things that they simply didn’t know — and that if they happen to check the first post to see if there are any rules it pretty much states this thread is for things about toys that some people may not know.

Take the Masterpiece Appreciation Thread for example. It’s been running since 2012 and has clear intent stated in the first post. The OP hasn’t posted in it for over a year. It’s meant for posting in appreciation of official Masterpiece toys, not “3rd party”, though some unofficial figures are allowed in photos as long as they’re not the primary focus. Sometimes there have been posts that show only unlicensed/unofficial toys and when that happens it’s easily addressed by directing the poster to the first post containing the thread’s guidelines.

Anyone attempting to keep this thread “on track” has nothing similar to reference, making it a much more challenging effort.

I’m not arguing your point, in fact I agree with you. However, visiting this thread and seeing so many posts saying “that’s not a hidden feature” is more off-putting than seeing the posts those comments are directed at.

Why not simply do what the “Let’s see something cool” and “Supah cleah pics” threads do and start fresh each year with rules in the first post instead of fighting an uphill battle with this particular thread?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

What would be awesome if if the ratio of "hidden features" to "transformation step some dude missed because he doesn't read instruction or look at pictures on the package" was a little better than 1:30. That would make getting notifications about this thread a really exciting thing. As it stands, I see a post, I check it out only to be disappointed most of the time because it's just someone noticing that G1 Powermaster OP's arm cannons can fit in his hands.

Knowing what the words "hidden" and "feature" mean kind of does put rules and definitions there. By definition an Aerialbot's legs extending is not at all a hidden feature. A figure being released with 5mm ports in the hands and other points of the body isn't one either when it's been by far the most common port size since 1984. Metroplex having Scramble City connection points, etc

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you think something is cool and may not be known/document, feel free to post.

Why everyone is going into textbook definitions for the word hidden and proper posting etiquette is beyond me.

I am staff, I have spoken, chill the hell out.

• Like Like x 12
  15. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Like you said, those words kind of put rules and definitions there. In the case of this thread, kind of isn’t good enough or we wouldn’t be discussing this topic yet again.

With a new thread that includes clear rules in the first post you could have that better ratio of posts you’re looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Ugh, this thread has become a dumpster fire. I suggest starting a new thread, posting basic guidelines at the top (and a link to Dictionary.com for people with trouble understanding words) and then everyone wins. The people that want to continually post stuff like just discovering the gun in Alt Hound's spare tire, newly-discovered transformation steps etc can have fun here and the people that want to post Highbrow's landing gear, Powerglide's heart, Megatron's spark chamber, MP Seeker knees etc can have their fun.

Everyone wins.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    It's funny, because I had expected an other round of this when I posted my last comment.
    I was actually thinking this thread could be more usefull to the forum - members if it's purpose was widened.
    Due to the nature of the forum if you want to look up a hidden or other feature in this thread you literally have to search through all the comments to find what you are looking for.
    It is not very practical and makes expecting this thread to have some informative service rather naive.
    In it's stead perhaps it would be more usefull to have a thread stickie where people can ask as well as voluntarily post information documented or otherwise that could be usefull when it comes to transformation and play pattern.
    In my opinion that would be far more valuable than what we have here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Not sure if everybody knows this or not but potp optimus's ankles actually snap back in place instead of just sitting there.

• Like Like x 4
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that's a hidden feature. Thank you! It works like a charm.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    honestly cannot tell if that is sarcasm or not,
    Got pics of how it looks?