Controversial Opinion: Transformers should go back to Marvel.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Orbitalchaos, Jan 29, 2021.

1. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Spot on for both points - Transformers isn't even that big a fish compared to some of the other flagship titles.

As for the hard break of Phase 3 and the beginning of Phase 4 - it was absolutely great for Disney and their MCU because it lets them really start fresh. Not a reboot, not a soft reboot. Literally a sequel and great jumping on point.

2. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    No for one simple reason.

Marvel of the 80's isn't the same as the Marvel today. You think IDW is bad? Marvel will make the books unreadable.

• Like Like x 4
  3. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No for one simple reason - sales.

Marvel typically cancels books (ongoings, they set lesser targets for minis) when they fall under the 18-25k sales figures (some which are strong digitally or in trade get a reprieve a la that Iceman or Runaways series). For the cost of the license, PLUS a strong creative team, the book (which last i saw did around 9k) would have to increase it's sales by a ridiculous margin to be worthwhile. Now it *could* be done, they've had success with Star Wars, but Star Wars is a much bigger franchise than Transformers.

The sales charts dont include digital, but digitally the books do not seem to be as strong as they were circa 2016-2017.

For my part - I find a lot of Marvel's books unreadable these days due to the placement of the adverts (DC are terribe for this too). Some books over Christmas had 16 pages of ads in with 22 pages of story. At least IDW, Image, Boom etc keep them all to the end and the books flow a bit. (Obviously if you read digitally it's no problem, but digital comics are poorer value for money)

Ultimately - Marvel comics mostly exist now to provide content ideas for films in 15-20 years time (see X-23, Miles Morales). If Marvel genuinely wanted Transformers, they would have it by now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So would Nemesis Prime be Optimus with a symbiote?

5. That one cybertronian

That one cybertronian Member

Not a good idea, current marvel only has a couple good storylines out and treats some of there head characters like crap *cough aaron Thor *cough so I don’t transformers would be treated well in modern marvel