Continuity Issue Theory: B-127 is not ZB-7

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jan 8, 2019.

1. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Do any of you pay attention to anything at all?????? Bayverse Bumblebee was present in WW2.

Knightverse Bumblebee didn’t even arrive on earth until the late 80’s.

This is “War for Cybertron and TFPrime are in the same continuity” all over again and I, for one, am so tired.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    This is why people literally need to be told point blank by the people behind the films that it's a reboot, because otherwise they'll actually believe this prequel nonsense and do the job of the movie producers for them by inventing all these crazy theories, convincing themselves that yes, Bumblebee somehow is a prequel to TF2007.

An unhealthy obsession with trying to keep Bayformers alive well past the point anything can be done with it also comes into play.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Pretty simple: I'd say it's more proof that the movie, regardless of all the verbal acrobatics Paramount has engaged in, was turned into a reboot late in production . . .And will remain so, regardless of box office gross. . .

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I honestly don't get the insistence to fit Bumblebee into a chronological order with the rest of the movies. It's not like the movies have ever cared about their own internal continuity to begin with. It's always been carefree piling up of new ideas, even if they contradict the previous installments. Bumblebee is honestly no different in that regard, with the only real stand out being that the Cybertron stuff looks different.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

If the studio flipflops on Bumblebee being a reboot, then that might be an interesting way of retconning it and referencing the comics.

6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Given Bumblebee 2 is happening, the odds of Bumblebee 1 not being treated as a reboot are extremely slim since they're going to have to introduce more Autobots on Earth and it's simply easier to forget the bay continuity ever happened in order for a better foundation for a plot.

Hell, just introduce Megatron as not being an icicle and that would be the final nail in the coffin for any chance Bumblebee isn't a reboot.

• Like Like x 3
  7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

That's what I'm hoping for, but keep in mind that Lorenzo has denied Bumblebee being a reboot despite all evidence to the contrary. It's entirely possible they might pull a retcon for the sake of Lorenzo not having to admit that The Last Knight was a failure.

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    With Hasbro being more in control this time around and the massive amounts of praise for how Bumblebee is a departure from the bay films, Paramount would truly deserve to go belly-up if they don't listen to that and just ditch bayformers.

Lorenzo is a hack who is contract bound so he can't be fired until that thing is up. But with loyalty to the source material proving to be more popular with the general public again, while Lorenzo doesn't seem capable of pulling his head out of his ass about random bullshit that tangentally invoves space robot shapeshifters, would hopefully mean eventually he pisses off for good.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Lol. Bumblebee is a prequel.

Sorry, Bay-haters. I’ll take the word of someone actually involved with making the movie over a bunch of jaded fans.

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    So you also believe that Quintessa was originally human six billion years ago? Because guess who said that was true, too.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    You might think it's dumb, but I highly doubt Lorenzo is to blame for this particular storytelling decision. It's far more likely that the writer's room came up with it. It's weird how Bay gets criticized for decisions he makes, but any anonymous dumb decisions automatically get blamed on Lorenzo, despite the fact that he doesn't seem to have a big hand in the creative process.

12. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Or believing the guy who had said that the next movie after AOE is going to give them an opportunity to set up the Dinobots to do something bigger with them which never happened in the slightest. Lorenzo doesn't control what happens with the series. It's not his call to say whether the series is going to one direction or another—Hasbro will take ownership of that, especially with the larger control they have now after TLK. His words are weightless as they can be.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Except it was his choice to say that, much in the same way he tried explaining how the ending of Bumblebee with the pods doesn't mean a reboot, when he could have said nothing and contributed as much beneficial information.

If Lorenzo isn't to blame for that kind of idiotic narrative decision, then why the hell did he come out and make such a bone headed, 'anybody can see that's a dumbass concept' remark in the first place?

In truth, if discussion from the Bumblebee 2 thread is any indication, it's because Lorenzo was running his mouth on pure bullshit in order to get free press for TLK. It's likely his statement meant goddamn nothing or he was intentionally saying something he didn't need to back up because it pertained to a future film which was not set in stone. Meanwhile, TLK gets free press for him spouting nonsense the day after release since the article I linked to came out the day after TLK.

Plus, he's just a producer, so why the hell is his name and face all over this franchise all of a sudden even though Travis Knight certainly wasn't slacking off in trying to do interaction with the media (and genuinely did it better than Lorenzo, too!).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Ugh I remember that like it was yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no continuity between the Michael Bay verse and this new Travis Knight verse except for Bumblebees name and his Camaro mode that eventually shows up at Uncle Bobby B’s car lot.

16. Notomus

Notomus I demand Studio Series DOTM Devcon

News Credits:
    perhaps ZB-7 and Hotrod were scouts sent to Earth by Sentinel.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Didn’t the director say he went out of his way to NOT include a Megatron scene because Megatron is frozen on Earth at the time in the ‘07 movie?

I’d feel more inclined to believe that this is a reboot than a prequel if it didn’t have connections to the Bay movies.

Sure, if they end up coming out with more movies and they decide to officially make it a reboot, that’d be cool. But right now it definitely feels more like a prequel (same Bumblebee, no Megatron for the previously stated reason, Sector 7, young agent Simmons, the Camaro alt. mode at the end, etc. - all good enough for me to believe it’s a prequel).

18. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

Burton knew him as Bumblebee back in WW2. This shit show had a human name Bee. I prefer Bay in this instance and have discounted this movie of having anything to do with Bay's great five.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    Or it could be a Bumblebee/ Centurion situation, like from IDW's Hearts of Steel.

(opens up a can of worms):D 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    The pre-screening reports stated that a very G1 style megatron was seen frozen at the Sector 7 base. This content was removed from the final release, suggesting Megatron is NOT frozen in ice.

Well that's the rub, the fact Paramount is so non-commital about the reboot question.

So Optimus speaks English in 1987, before leaving the planet and then returning in 2007 whereupon he learns English from the internet...which was built by decepticons?

• Like Like x 1