Continuity Issue Theory: B-127 is not ZB-7

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jan 8, 2019.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

In The Last Knight Sir Edmund Burton called Bumblebee ZB-7. In Bumblebee we get the name B-127.

Now these two movies seem to contradict each other on Bumblebee's presence on Earth.

My guess is that ZB-7 and B-127 are body type brothers. Perhaps mass produced like the Seekers and Protoforms. Edmund Burton made a mistake misidetifying Bumblebee as his old friend.

What happened to ZB-7? Either killed by Blitzwing recently as he mentioned he just killed a friend of Bumblebee or he'll show up later a version of IDW Centurion.

Thing is Optimus knew already about Earth and it's potential as a base. Which he ordered Bumblebee.
    There are several possible sources for Optimus if we go with in-continuity with the films.

1. Sentinel Prime could have had Earth as one of the candidates of a base. It was established the Pillars was for a Space Bridge retreat. Only he and Megatron made a deal secretly. To me it is implied Sentinel gave the coordinates of the Allspark to Megatron.
    2. There are several Autobots already on Earth in the early 20th century. This is ZB-7 and Hot Rod's group. ZB-7 is not B-127.
    3. Optimus got a message of a refuge from the Knights of Iacon.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The length people will go to put Bumblebee with the rest of the Bayverse is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 33
  3. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Only one teeny weeny thing wrong about the Zb7 theory of yours.....its been confirmed by both Bay amd Hasbro that is Bumblebee (Thru toys and advertisement) Now stop trying to connect this mona lisa to the Bay films.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regardless whether his post has any validity or not, you butting in and basically calling the poster ridiculous is beyond rude. Such toxicity from some of you antibay fans

• Like Like x 10
  5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You called me rude and then proceeded to put words in my mouth—way to be an example or your own words. I never called the poster ridiculous. I called the length people will go making up theories to support the connection between the Bayverse and Bumblebee ridiculous. In regards to the poster's particular theory, we've seen toys and concept art support the fact that this is Bumblebee, not anyone else. The film also confirms it multiple times that it was Bee.

• Like Like x 12
  6. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Well the word ridiculous was used by you in response to the poster right?...even if you didn’t directly mean him, do you think he would have appreciated this response to something he obviously put some effort in writing. You had a choice to respond with something else or simply not replying to this thread. The fact you did in that way is like going into a movie verse forum and telling everyone there your bayformer toys suck...if that’s not rude I don’t know what is
    I don’t care for the posters theory as it was obviously bee but you don’t see me putting him down like that

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  7. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Either this or Bumblebee still has memory issues and doesn't remember Edmunt Burton but in reality it's just pure Lorenzo incompetance!

• Like Like x 8
  8. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

And at least the OP put some thought into fixing the continuity issues(BB is supposed to be a prequel in the Bayverse) which is more effort than the movie writers put into it. Lets face it. The continuity in the live action movies takes a back seat more often than not.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Nope.

This poster makes no sense if Bumblebee isn't in WWII in TLK, given that's clearly Bumblebee's head on the WWII model. And it makes no sense to stick Bumblebee's head on a compeltely different robot to make a guy look like Bumblebee...except he isn't for whatever reason. Even your cited example of the Seekers is proof of my point because Blitzwing clearly has a different head to Starscream in that same movie.

[​IMG]

This toy exists.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it clearly is attributing a WORLD WAR II Bumblebee FROM TLK.

All evidence points to Bumblebee having been in WWII according to TLK canon...which is impossible with the BB film because B127 arrives in 1987.

• Like Like x 4
  10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

And so what? How does that affect the narrative of the films? Comics and toys are irrelevant. Films are medium of the story.

ZB-7 and B-127 are their names. Which suggest to me they are mass produced. Not given names per se but designations.

We already have multiple instances of the same body type in the franchise.

Do note in Revenge of the Fallen we have three characters called Arcee. Chromia and Elita 1 were never uttered. It is like they were one character.

• Like Like x 2
  11. THECAB002

THECAB002 Active Member

Bumblebee is a different continuity so...

• Like Like x 4
  12. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Or ww2 umies called him zb, liked s7 called everyone nbe

• Like Like x 1
  13. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Please tell me how you are sure of this

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    They're definitely both Bumblebee, as confirmed by the movie itself, and the toys.

If Bumblebee is in-canon to the other films, it would take some stretching to get the two stories to fit. Maybe Bumblebee lost his memory of WW2, and returned to Cybertron. Another option is that some kind of time-travel will occur in a future movie. Finally, it's possible that Burton was just exaggerating (or mistaken) about who was present at that battle.

If it's a different continuity, it's not an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  15. THECAB002

THECAB002 Active Member

The many many many contradictions between the continuities

• Like Like x 5
  16. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Honest question: what continuity errors does Bumblebee have with the first four movies?

Because TLK is such a mess I don't blame BB for not perfectly matching up. But between sector 7 and Bumblebee scanning a Camaro in the end, it seems clear to me this is Supposed to be a prequel. Maybe it doesn't work well for one, but I'm pretty sure that was the intent at least.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

So many. In fact, they edited out a bunch of stuff that would have made BB more IN continuity with TLK.

As Galvatron once said, "Here's a hint!"

• Like Like x 5
  18. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Another thing that helps the 'ZB-7 is Bumblebee in The Last Knight' argument is that when Cade says to BB: "Remember ZB-7? You got to be that Autobot again." Bumblebee response with a nod and brings out his WWII hammer.

• Like Like x 4
  19. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    I'm just waiting to see what the next film is. Cause this film is at least as incompatible with the other bay movies...as they are from each other

• Like Like x 1
  20. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    '07:
    - Autobots did not arrive on the Earth because of the All Spark, instead, they arrive to regroup. It seems like Earth was just a random planet Optimus chose.
    - No mention of Megatron which is strange as S7 mentions they want to catch the Transformers to do experiments on them. Wouldn't they have done experiments on Megatron already? Or wouldn't that have been a point of topic among the government officials?
    - Optimus and Autobots arrive to Earth in the '80s.
    - Bumblebee doesn't have the door wings, even when he scans the Camaro. Basically, he doesn't look the same at all.
    - Protoforms aren't a thing anymore. Instead, they arrive in little pods.
    - No motive for the Decepticons to get the All Spark to end the war. Instead, Shatter stated the war will end once they kill Prime (and his Autobots) and likely why they wanted to find Prime so badly.
    - Bumblebee has an American accent in here and a British accent in '07 film.
    - The behind the scenes of the '07 film mentioned Megatron transforms into his protoform mode in the city battle. We see this same mode in the Cybertron flashback from Optimus meaning Cybertron modes and protoform modes are the same thing in the '07 fim. This would mean that when Prime and the Autobots arrived as protoforms in the first movie, they were also in their Cybertronian modes, which is of course different from their Cybertronian modes in this film.
    ROTF:
    - Soundwave's Cybertronian mode looks different and as does Ravage
    - Soundwave has a completely different voice
    DOTM:
    - Cybertron is dead in the '60s but looks to have magically rejuvenated in the '80s
    - Everyone has gained some colors on Cybertron as it seems in the '80s
    - Cybertron has morphed from a hexagonal planet to a normal metal planet (and hilariously back to a hexagonal planet in TLK)
    AOE:
    - Nothing

I know there have been some continuity issues in the past, but it seems like Bumblebee brought the bulk of it. These issues wouldn't be present if events in Bumblebee did not happen. This is one of the reasons I believe the reboot route (using Bumblebee) is the best way to proceed than waste time tying up loose ends in the sequels.

I simply stated my opinion. There are some absurd theories in regards to how these films connect and I was acknowledging that fact. I didn't feel as I needed to say anything else as my statement implied my feelings regarding OP's post. I apologize if this post had indirectly affected you or OP.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 9