Continuity Headache

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Nov 21, 2016.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The drones were activated from within the base. Again, Starscream never actually set foot on the base so he wouldn't have activated them.

I explained that already. Look the creators of Rescue Bots said that each season of their show is suppose to happen at the same time with a corresponding season of the main series. That's why I place season 4 RB with season 1 RID even though RB actually aired with season 2 of RID. But there's no reason to think that episodes of the same series aired out of their correct order.

That's not the only damage. He had parts that were actually broken off. Mostly just bits of kibble but he was noticeably weaker than normal. Plus again there were still Terrorcons running around at the time. He was damaged enough that I don't think he could survive another attack from them. He might still alive if he was able to avoid them till he could get repaired. I don't think he was wounded enough that he couldn't of gotten repairs. I just think with his damage it's possible he could of died off screen.

Bumblebee isn't in everything. Between G1 and the 2007 movie he was completely missing from Transformers... unless you count Armada Sparkplug who was intended to be Bumblebee but for some reason they didn't call him that. Still Bumblebee being in everything isn't really accurate.

I never said RID was Prime. I said that every series has toys that never show up in the cartoon. Why would RID be any different? Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. Also, I've seen people make the same argument during every single series. For some reason they always think that this will be the one series that doesn't have toy only characters and it never works out that way.

There will always be toy only characters. Hasbro is a TOY COMPANY. Hasbro can't just make the figures that actually make it into the cartoon. They'd loose money if they did that. Though I think toys of characters that actually appear in cartoons sell better than toy only characters it does help fill the gaps between when new characters get introduced so they can keep toys on the shelf.

Even G1 has toy only characters. Even after you take into consideration that a lot of figures only showed up in the Japanese cartoons there's still figures that never appeared in the cartoons at all.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

And the Autobots couldn't just give them orders to go attack the Transformers outside why?

I'm not even sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that episodes aren't airing in chronological order? What possible reason do you have to think that? You're claiming that Fracture somehow got freed offscream, then disappeared after those shorts and has never appeared since, just to fit those shorts into season two of the show, so you can create a continuity error between RID and RB that doesn't exist.

At that point, Unicron had all the Terrorcons headed for Cybertron's core. That's why the Predacons had time to fight among themselves, and why Shockwave had time to convince them to help the Autobots.

Tell that to the Hasbro of today.

If Hasbro wanted, there are countless characters from the cartoon who don't have toys, yet they've chosen to ignore them, and make new characters, who Hasbro will want to show up in the cartoon. Sure, it's possible that not all of them will get in, but considering how few there are, I expect they probably will.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

If they could give them orders then why wouldn't Bumblebee just talk to them in RID instead of having to fight their own drones. They seem to just be programmed to automatically attack anyone that sets them off not to follow orders.

No you're saying that episodes aren't airing in chronological order. The shorts with the Cyclones and Fracture aired after season 1 ended. Assuming everything in RID does happen chronilogically in the same order it aired then the shorts can't be in season 1. Fracture would have to of escaped capture off screen because the last time we saw him before the shorts he was already in stasis.

If the air dates don't correspond with the events of the series then exactly where during season 1 would the Shorts fit? I'm only assuming that it takes place between seasons because it aired between seasons but you seem to think it happened in Season 1 some where.

Heading to a location is very different than actually being at that location. After Unicron is defeated the Terrorcons all suddenly stop moving and many of them hadn't even made it to the core yet where the main fight was happening which means Shockwave could very well have been killed by off screen between the last time we see him and when the Terrorcons stopped functioning.

There have been cartoon only characters in the past too and the toy line is still going. It's likely every character will have a toy at some point... Except maybe the Generic Autobot guards that we've seen in a few episodes because we've never seen them transform and typically unnamed characters that never transform will never get toys.

4. soundwaverulls

I'd assume there would've been some control device that Bee didn't have access to in RID. Not having one would be a serious safety hazard. Then again, not disposing of them after leaving is also a serious safety hazard, so maybe the Autobots are just idiots.

Oh, OK. I think I misread your previous post. Anyway, Shorts in cartoons usually just do their own thing. They take place whenever, and sometimes aren't even canon. These ones seem to be canon, with the Cyclones having already been captured in Overloaded, but clearly take place during season one. If Fracture was meant to have escaped, I'm sure they would've shown how he escaped, and would've done something with him during season 2.

As I said before, if there were any Terrorcon still around the area, Shock and the Preds would've been fighting them, not fighting each other, then talking.

The thing is, RID is already different. It's gone two years without any new molds being toy only characters. At this point, Prime had Kup and Rumble, and Animated had at least Oilslick. Heck, even AOE, which introduced the style of toyline RID is using, had a couple of toy only Dinobots, even in its first year. RID has gone longer than usual without any new molds being of toy only characters, and that seems to be mostly due to how few characters they're actually making toy of. It's easy for all the toy characters to be in the show when there's only a few of them.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

But they knew how to get passed the security system without setting them off and Bee said that humans wouldn't have triggered them. The only reasons the Autobots are setting them off now is because Bee's new team don't know where the traps are set up. Notice Bumblebee is the only one not stepping into any of them cause he knows where they all are.

Not necessarily. They've shown stasis pods malfunction before releasing prisoners. They don't need to show that every time. Plus I'm pretty sure he was seen in season 2 wandering around the Decepticons ship.

I'm talking about AFTER THAT. The Predacons were still fighting the Terrorcons. They flew over to the well to help fight the Terrorcons. And there clearly are terrorcons still in the area. Not as many as at the well where most of them have gathered but there's a few stragglers that you can still see in the background behind Shockwave.

Oilslick actually was in the cartoon... He wasn't originally intended to be but the animators liked his design so much they added him onto Strika's team.

Also, that's not really a big accomplishment. Most toy lines have toy only characters in the first wave of figures. Simply going longer without making toy only characters doesn't mean it will never happen. Seriously there is nothing different about this toy line than the previous toy lines. People said the same thing about Animated, and then we got toy only characters. People said it about Prime then we got toy only characters. People said it about Rescue Bots and we got toy only characters... except rescue bots also got a fourth season which has never happened before and if they keep that up we could end up seeing Medix and Hoist at some point... But seriously don't get your hopes up for every toy to show up in the cartoon.

You know this toy line has two different characters both called Bludgen? That pretty much guarantees that we will have at least one toy only character because they can't put both Bludgens into the cartoon. One is a Decepticon and the other is a Mini-con. One is actually a homage to his name sake the other is a name slapped on a brand new character. One is a retool of Megatronus and the other is a new mold... at I least I think it's a new mold, I haven't compared him to all the other Mini-cons. Decepticon Bludgen is a character that has really never been in a cartoon before... at least not an American cartoon. I believe the original was a pretender that did appear in a Japanese series. He would be another of the few Decepticons on the show who doesn't have any random animal parts stuck to him. But honestly I think Mini-con Bludgen has a better chance of making it onto the show.

Another thing to consider is that the series might already be over. Season 3 only has 6 episodes. Usually when a series has short seasons like this... unless it's British... means it's being cancelled. Considering Cartoon Network has done that in the past it's a possibility that there aren't anymore episodes. Being that Blurr didn't show up in any of those 6 episodes, unless they start making more that's it he can never be on the show if there is no show to be on. They seem to be hinting that there's going to be more but nothing has been confirmed yet. So you are getting your hopes up awfully high for something that may never happen.

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Me I don't really care either way if he shows up or not. I also would not miss this series if they were to announce that this was the end. It wasn't terrible, just really kind of boring. It seems unmotivated without a series wide Decepticon leader. I hate the Decepticons designs. It has some interesting ideas. I'm just finding it hard to stay motivated when there's a different villain ever week and a different big bad every season. OMG I just realized something... this is like Arrow/Flash/Legends of Tomarrow but for kids. They're following the same formula. Different lower level villain every episode plus some big bad for season the finally. That works for super hero shows cause that's how super heroes have always been but it seems out of place with Transformers. Animated did it but they made it work cause it didn't change the formula, it added to it. There was still Megatron as the series main villain not a different main villain every season. The Decepticons need a leader to give them a purpose. The way this show is they're very scattered and unorganized. Even when they're trying to work together their "leaders" can't seem to keep their side united like Megatron did. I'm not saying they should bring Megatron back, just they need someone as permanent replacement. Stop giving us these temporary filler characters. They don't really feel like a threat anymore when they're like this. The Decepticons need to made into a serious threat again.

Short version, I'll keep watching if they make more episodes but if it's cancelled it's not a big deal. I'll just wait for the next thing.

6. soundwaverulls

I suppose, but I feel it would be pretty easy to trigger them by mistake, when they're set up in the place you live. Plus, when you have both a kid who's a genius with computers and a desire to keep humans out of the battles, it seems dumb to not program a way to control them remotely.

I'm fairly certain he didn't. I don't remember it, and at the time, I looked closely at all the background 'Cons. Plus, it's not mentioned on his article on TFWiki.

I just checked the scene. There wasn't a single Terrorcon around when Shockwave spoke with the Preds.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Pity they didn't do more with Team Char.

That may be true (I don't really remember) but things are different with RID. It doesn't really have much of story it's trying to tell, like Animated had, nor the CGI budget limitations of Prime and is happy to have new TF just come and go, unlike RB, that was very reserved with its new TF. Besides Hasbro is hardly pouring in waves of characters, like they used to do with other lines. I expect most of these new characters will turn up. Maybe not Skywarp, and one, maybe both, of the Megatronus retools, however the others all seem to have a purpose. Twinferno is clearly being made to boost awareness of the character to help sell his Generations toy, so will likely be forced into the show. Blurr possibly is there for the same reason, however, he's likely also there to try and better tie RID and RB together. Cyclonus' bio indicates he's one of the main villains of season three. The Combiners are the season's gimmick. SW just seems too random to not be indicating he's getting an upgrade in the show, to make it easier to write his character.

True, but they've released countless Minicons. One of the reasons I think all the others will appear is because there aren't as many of them. Plus, I do think it's possible that Bludgeon might have been created by Hasbro just to get more use out of that mold. However, as I said before, with so few Warrior molds, I doubt Hasbro would waste a new one on a character who's not in the show.

Um, those 6 episodes were from season two. Season three has been officially confirmed, and is having 26 episodes, and apparently is being called Combiner Force, much like one of the new toylines.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 3 Combiner Force Sneak Peek - Transformers News - TFW2005

Edit: OK, I guess it doesn't say how many eps there's gonna be.

Oh, I pretty much agree with you. I like RID, but I don't love it. Honestly, while I'm glad it's getting a third season, I hope the whole Aligned Continuity ends after that, and we get something different, hopefully with cartoons produced by someone with a better idea of what story he wants to tell than Jeff Kline has.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  7. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Why did Optimus keep reappearing in Rescue Bots even after his death in Predacons Rising? My guess is that Hasbro couldn't find a way to say that Optimus died in Rescue Bots because its main audience is kids 6 and under so they just decided to have him keep reappearing.

And his design, I think that they were just lazy and it cost less to make Optimus buffer and tougher looking.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

So did I and I still don't remember every con that was on that ship. However of the ones I do remember, like the recolored Airachnid animation model, I know they never showed up again. All those cons were captured off camera and sent back to Cybertron. So why is it so hard to believe that Fracture was among them and recaptured off camera?

It's been a while since I watched that but I'm fairly sure there were Terrorcons all over the place. Link?

Until the show and toy line are confirmed to be over, you really can't say things are different with RID. They may seem different now but that never turns out to be true in the end. I'll believe it when I actually see it.

Both? There's another one besides Bludgen? I only seen the one, who's the other?

That wouldn't really help that much. It a completely different design and different incarnation of the character all together. Some people only really like to collect toys of characters that actually appear in the cartoon. They would not even be into the Generations line at all. Like the original Rhinox, Airrazor, Waspinator and Terrorsaur likely sold better than the Transmetal versions because the Transmetals for those characters were never in the cartoon. In the case of Airrazor and Terrorsaur the Transmetals were larger toys with much better designs but kids didn't really want them because they weren't in the show.

The same thing would happen with Twinferno. If he does appear in RID, kids are going to want the version who actually is in the cartoon more than the Titans Return version. Some people might get both because they'll clearly recognize them as the same character and not care about being in the cartoon or not. If they like the character it won't matter. But others are only going to want the cartoon version.

The way I see it the toy lines go like this...

Rescue Bots is the Preschool toy line.

Robots in Disguise is the toy line for the older kids.

Generations is a toy line that bridges a gap some where between kids who still play with toys and adult collectors that display them on shelves.

Masterpiece is a toy line is for adult collectors.

There is some room for over lap here. Like it's not a clear you have to be in one group or another. I mean I have a 9 year old with Rescue Bots and I have some RID toys so the lines between these are kind of blurry. Basically what I'm getting at is that Generations really isn't meant for the RID kids. They might like some toys in that line but that's really a different target audience. I hope that makes sense I don't think I explained this very well.

Yeah toy bios often don't match what actually ends up in the cartoon. Oilslick's toy bio said that he was another bounty hunter that works with Lockdown and in the cartoon the two were never even on screen together.

Prime Megatron's toy bio talks about how he likes to constantly change his appearance except in the show there's no evidence that Megatron has ever had another form other than the one we see him with. The only upgrade he gets is from being possessed by Unicron.

The Vehicons toy bio describes them as Drones which suggest they don't have Sparks or unique personalities but in the show the Spark extractor works on them and they clearly exhibit signs of unique personalities which Drones shouldn't have.

Steeljaw's toy bio tries to convince you that he's the new Megatron of this series. And he tries to be a leader of the Deceptions but he's nothing like Megatron.

Power Surge Optimus Prime brags about how Optimus can fly for the first time ever totally ignoring the fact that he could already fly before this. He even flys in the show without Aerobolt. This is nothing new. Aerobolt in the show makes him stronger, faster, and he maneuvers better in the air but doesn't actually give him the ability to fly. He could already do that anyway.

As I keep saying, they've done it before. If it were a larger more expensive toy then yeah, Hasbro would probably force it into the cartoon but Warrior... *cough*DELUXE*cough*... is one of the cheaper class sizes. They make more of them than any other class size and they already sell better than any other class size because they're just big enough to not feel cheap but cheap enough to not break your wallet.

That's another reason I think Mini-con Bludgen is more likely to end up in the cartoon than Decepticon Bludgen. Hasbro is forcing in the Deployers into the cartoon because they're larger more expensive figures with a gimmick designed to drain your wallet. Decepticon Bludgen is just one Warrior class figure with $15 big deal. But if you buy the Mini-con then you also have to buy the Deployer to go with him. A lot of them have armor pieces that connect to other armor pieces to form different things so you also have to get all of those. And then you've spent like $50+ collecting these things.

Have you noticed how much they used the Deployer gimmick in season 2? It was almost every episode. Those things are some of their more expensive figures and you know they're going to end up making toys for all of them eventually.

No, season two ended with Decepticon Island. That was the season finally. Not really much of a finally compared to the first season. I wish those six episodes were included with season 2 cause the fight with Starscream is a much better finally to end on.

Some people are referring to the six episodes as season 2 1/2 cause it's not season 2 but it's not really long enough to count as a full season either. But this is actually season 3.

I don't know what the show's producers were thinking with the way they're splitting the seasons up. Maybe they jumped the gun on advertising the season finally and forgot they had six more episodes. If they do have a Combiner Force season coming up that would actually be season 4. Unless you want to count this as 2 1/2 or how about season 2.5

You know British shows have kind of a weird thing with seasons... technically they call it series which is confusing to me. If the 9th Doctor season is a series that what do you call Doctor Who as a whole? Anyway... the Christmas Specials and the 50th Anniversary special are not actually counted as part of the series in which they appear. They're still included in series box sets on DVD and Blu Ray, but according to the episode numbers there's no other reference to the specials being included with that series. If you don't get the box set for a series the specials are sold separately by themselves while the rest of the series is sold in parts. The Specials are just kind of their own thing.

Maybe that's what the 6 episodes with Starscream are trying to be. Not really season 2 not really season 3, just somewhere in the middle. It doesn't really know what it is.

9. soundwaverulls

I just think it's weird to say that he escaped off-screen, then got recaptured off-screen. That creates a lot of missing links in the story. The shorts being part of season 1 is much simpler way of looking at it.

Link to Predacons Rising? I can't, that would be breaking the rules, although I'm sure there are many places where you can find cartoons or Anime in your Flavor.

True, but it's seems pretty clear things have been changing a lot ever since Aron Archer left, and I believe it's more logical to look at what direction things have been moving in, and not where they used to be.

Bludgeon (Prime) - Transformers Wiki

Blastwave - Transformers Wiki

For whatever reason, Blastwave seems to just be Bludgeon, but with blue instead of orange.

http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2016/10/NYCC2016-Transformers-RID-005.jpg

Yeah, I get it. Hasbro has been dividing up the franchise into sections designed to target specific markets. It's definitely happening, and I really hate it. Yet, for some reason, they're clearly trying to create as much overlap as possible between the different versions of TF. Prime/RID have beasts, so now so do the movies. Generations has combiners, so now RID does. RID has mini TF, so now does Generations and the movies. Twinferno being an extension of this is the only real explanation for why they've decided to put him into RID. There's no way such an obscure character just pops up in two different toy lines, at the same time, by pure coincidence.

Oh I am fully aware of the disconnect between toy bios and the comics/shows (Power Surge Optimus is a particular favorite of mine, in just how blatant a lie it is) but I'm inclined to believe Cyclonus' bio. It claims
    he's the one behind the Council, which is a plot they've been setting up for a while now.
    That's not true, it wouldn't be a minor inconsistency. It would be a huge contradiction with a major story line. Then again, this toy line was the one that gave up Power Surge Prime's bio...

The problem here is that you're refusing to believe that this toy line is different form past ones, even when it comes to things that it's already done. Deluxes/Warriors are no longer the bog standard class they used to be. Now, they're the closest thing the line has to anything collector-friendly, with 1-step changers being the new bog standard class.

This could very well end up being true. Like I said, I believe the repaints have a higher chance of being left out of the show, since they don't cost as much to make.

Yeah, I don't really understand why British shows do that, but it's officially confirmed that Combiner Force is season three. Even if those 6 episodes were separate from season 2, they're still not season 3. The talk about there being a RID movie began with the announcement of a TV event, I believe, which is likely what these 6 episodes were. Some special "event".

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

No just that scene. It's only breaking the rules if you post the entire episode. :p 

The two Twinfernos are definitely there to appeal to those people in that blurry zone between the RID target and the Generations target groups. It's only really that one character and I think they're doing it test the waters so to speak. Maybe this is an experiment just to see exactly how much of an over lap there is between RID and Generations.

Um... what about a council? How is this a major plot line that they've been setting up? I think they mentioned it like once in passing. I barely even remember what you're talking about. That doesn't really scream, "major plot line."

1. I'm refusing to believe that this toy line is any different from past ones because as I've told you before I've had this same discussion for three other toy lines. It's not any different at all, it's history repeating itself.

2. 1 Step changers are not the new Deluxe class. Those are like the cheap basic figures that no one really likes but they buy them anyway because they're cheap.

This RID movie you're talking about... you mean an actual movie like in 1986 or a multiple part episode edited into a TV movie like Predacon's Rising? Cause if it's the second one I wouldn't be surprised if those 6 episodes got aired again but edited together as a TV movie.

11. soundwaverulls

Well I just found somewhere that had the movie online, and skipped to that part, being thankful my internet connection was strong enough at that moment to quickly load each of the spots I jumped to.

Perhaps. I just wish they'd find some other way to do that than shoving G1 into the only non-G1 line left in the franchise.

Well, it's the only ongoing story, so I count it as being major because without it, there wouldn't be any. Decepticon Island had Ratchet talk about how the Council had been mistreating Autobot veterans, so at the end of the story, Optimus left investigate it. Then he got called back in the 6 episode event, which ended with him returning to his investigations, revealing he hadn't been to Cybertron yet, but had assembled a team of "old friends".

That's your opinions of each class effecting your views on how Hasbro treats them. It's pretty clear that the gimmick toys are the focus of the line. That's why there's so many of them, and why the Warriors are the only class that's collector-friendly, not having any other class that goes with them, not even a Voyager-equivalent. I mean, I seriously don't see how you can say this isn't different when this is the first line to have a Voyager equivalent since the name Voyager was first used.

Nobody knows. Word of it just started popping up a while back, and we haven't heard anything about it in a long time. People assumed it to be the same as the TV Event, and now that the Event seems to have been these episodes, with no more word on a movie, people are assuming the Movie was just a misinterpretation.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The RID versions of Twinferno is a homage to the G1 character but it's not exactly the same character. He's got more of a vehicle alt mode like a stealth bomber type jet... that just happens to have twin dragon heads stuck to it... G1 Twinferno was just a straight up two headed dragon.

Also I keep forgetting that this guy is an Autobot... None of the Autobots in this show have beast designs... Not counting Grimlock because he was originally a Decepticon... so is Twinferno a Decepticon that switched sides too?

The Deployers are the gimmick toys of the line and they're about Voyager size.

Also of course the Warriors are the only class that's collector friendly, that was my point. It's always been that way, even back when they were called Deluxe.

13. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

There wasn´t any hint that Cyclonus was behind the Council in show. So it wouldn´t be a contradiction at all.

14. soundwaverulls

Uh, what? Are you seriously saying that Voyagers have more in common with Deployers than Deluxes/Warriors? Voyagers are collector friendly, just like Deluxes. In fact, they are usually more complex than Deluxes. Deployers are a joke next to them.

I'm assuming they're going to continue that story line in the show, and are going to reveal what the deal is with the council. When they do, I expect they will include Cyclonus as the puppet master, because if they don't, then Cyclonus' bio would contradict the show.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Voyagers aren't just like Deluxes. They're set at a higher price point and are usually larger toys with a few exceptions. I have a few "voyagers" that are about the same size as deluxe. I put voyager in quotes because they weren't always called that. The only reason some figures get sold in the larger size class is because of the entire toy line usually gets packaged in the same mode. Because the beast mode of a character won't fit into Deluxe packaging they get to be sold for more money despite being the same size in robot mode. Of course back then they were a lot smaller in general than Voyagers typically are today. Beast Era Megas, Animated and DotM Voyagers are basically over priced Deluxe figures. Why would you even want Voyagers to be like Deluxe?

Deployers are simple compared to the Generations Voyagers but RID is suppose to be a simplified toy line for kids. Generations is a little more complex. The Deployers are about the same size and price point. And as previously established, RID was never intended to be a collector friendly toy line. That's what Generations is for. RID is primarily just for the target audience the cartoon is meant for, kids not us. Of course their version of a Voyager class isn't going to be like Generations because they don't have the same target audience.

By saying that Voyagers are just like Deluxe, you're really just saying they're both same size class but they're clearly not.

But as has already been established, toy bios often contradict the show.

Oh another for you I didn't mention before. According to the toy bios Cybershark was suppose to be introduced along side Depth Charge. I always kind of pictured them being like a buddy cop movie with Depth Charge as the older by the book senior officer and Cybershark as the younger more willing to bend the rules to catch the bad guy type character. That's basically how the toy bio describes their relationship except it never actually describes them as cops. I just added that part as an analogy for how they were suppose to work together. In the show Depth Charge never had a partner.

Even the toy bios kind of contradict each other because Depth Charge never mentions having a partner and is completely accurate to the show. Cybersharks just kind of forces Depth Charge being his commanded in there because... I don't know they probably thought he would sell better if they name dropped a more popular character in his bio.

16. soundwaverulls

So now you acknowledge that things are different in this toy line? If the "slightly bigger" size class is now one of the gimmick toys, then the bog standard size class must also be one of the gimmick lines, such as 1-Steps, with Warriors/Deluxes now being unique in their complexity, rather than being the standard, and having no accompanying larger size classes of similar complexity.

I acknowledge this is a possibility. However, until it's revealed otherwise, I feel the safer bet is that the bio is accurate.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I've always acknowledge those differences. The only thing I'm not acknowledging is the claim that this is the first toy line to not have any toy only characters. The two are completely unrelated.

OK I think I see the problem here. We're talking about two completely different things. I don't know what you thought I was talking about but from my perspective it looked like you were trying to claim everything in RID were some how entirely different size classes than they actually are. 1-Step being Deluxe when in fact Warrior is Deluxe. Warrior being Voyager when in fact Deployers are Voyager. Ect.

I think the safer bet is never to assume anything based on a toy. It might happen but a toy is never confirmation of what will appear in the cartoon. It can only hint at the possibility, it can't confirm anything. Until we actually start seeing animation of characters we can only assume that the toy is just a toy.

18. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I think I recall someone mention that at the beginning of Season 4, the Rescue Bots point out how they weren't able to contact Optimus for quite some time. I might have gotten the info wrong though and need to rewatch the first few episodes of season 4. But I think I remember the same person saying the Rescue Bots commenting about how they weren't able to contact Optimus for a long time is suppose to be a vague nod toward his death. Though again I could be misremembering this.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

There have been multiple times when the Rescue Bots haven't been able to contact Optimus but he was still alive during that time. It's speculated that the reason they couldn't contact him is because each of those times corresponds with a point in Prime when Optimus was on a mission outside the Autobots base or during that period where he forgot he was Optimus and joined the Decepticons as Orion Pax.

Optimus actually appears in three episodes of Rescue Bots during a time when he's suppose to be dead.

The only way this makes any sense is if the air dates of Rescue Bots actually correspond directly to the air dates of the main series. Rescue Bots was on hiatus for the Optimus Prime is dead season. The show only came back after Optimus was resurrected. Of course if that's the case there's still an error because this would mean that Optimus was on Cybertron sacrificing his life to save their home and on Griffon Rock helping the Rescue Bots at the same time.

Oh yeah, there's also the fact that either Cybertron was never restored on Rescue Bots or Optimus and Bumblebee are A-Holes who've known for three years that the Rescue Bots could return home if they wanted to and never bothered to tell them.

20. soundwaverulls

Ah, I see how you could see that. All I'm saying is that the Warriors, being more complex toys in a generally simplified, and gimmick-oriented line, are now the toys that stand out, rather than being the standard. Because of that, I feel it's more unlikely than it used to be that Hasbro would develop new molds for them, and not have them appear in the show.

I can understand that perspective, but like I said, I know there's a chance the bio could be complete bull, but I prefer assume it's true. It give you more to go off of for speculation.