Contacting Fansproject

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by omegafix, May 26, 2015.

1. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Everytime I've tried to order something from TCP they were out of stock, so never got the chance to try them out on account of their seeming staunch refusal to have merchandise I want to sell me.

2. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

I stand corrected... Not all customers will be satisfied. Limitations of a small biz, I guess. Working within the realm of not having a huge warehouse to store his goods. In fact, I find it a smart business model. Service the preorders, and you're almost guaranteed to not have to pay for storage of unsold goods.

3. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Yeah, but Preorders are a borderline scam so I try to avoid them - especially at high price (Buy our product before anyone's seen it! It will maybe not be shit! And maybe even actually come out! Perhaps even on time!). I get why sellers love em, but they are not consumer friendly.

That said I don't doubt TCP is fine and all, just saying never actually successfully bought something from them.

4. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Agreed. I guess that's what's good about how many options we have though. Including to not buy at all. Sure, we got BBTS that is like the geek Walmart etailer... We got craigslist, the BST on TFW, we got the scrappy upstarts, and eBay.

But the OP is dealing with etailer dissatisfaction... Probably will be fine with a little patience and acclimating to interfacing with etailer personnel. I'm just pointing out, get to know your vendor.

5. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Looks like filing that claim worked. They are sending me a replacement arm for Volar

6. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Got my arm on Saturday. Its a shame it took filing a Paypal claim to get the ball rolling on this. I use to love TFSource. After the Exhaust debacle and now this. I am taking my business elsewhere.

7. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I've been unsatisfied with TFS since day one. Now I go to more reliable folks with better service and programs. TFS is my last source to go to if I can't find it anywhere else or when they have ridiculous mark downs during their seasonal sale specials.