Construction of Autobot City

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Who's idea was it? If it was Prime's idea was he even thinking or even considering constructing the City during season 2? Also when did they start the construction of Autobot City?

Thanks

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As been said in previous threads,you can't have so much logic in an 80s cartoon.And if there was,Prime just ordered it constructed maybe as a back-up station if anything ever happened to Moon Bases 1 and 2.

3. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

It was a power station 1st. It was making energon for the attack on cybertron

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    In the UK Marvel comic story it was actually Unicron's idea at the end of Target: 2006. Although he planted the thought into Smokescreen's head and so it was Smokescreen who actually voiced the notion of an Autobot City and where to build it.
    And still sticking with the comics, there was also a story where the (fake) construction plans for Autobot City were sent out. But I can't remember if an actual date for that mission was given though.

5. Robimus Major

Robimus Major Well-Known Member

Why has there never been an official story (comic, novel, whatever) to link the end of season 2 to the movie? How did Hot Rod, Kup, etc get to Earth? How/why was Autobot city constructed? When Megatron and the Decepticons move back to Cybertrom? Why have these never been answered?

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Was it possibly discussed in Scramble City?

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Dude, you started a topic similar to this one a few months back.

Anyway,

It was never covered in the US cartoon
    The Japanese cartoon shows that Metroplex was built within a few years of season 2, no info on when the rest of the city was built was given
    It was never covered in the US cartoon.Obviously before the events we saw in the film 2005
    The UK comic showed the idea was planted by Unicron, and that the plans were completed by 2003, the city opened in 2004
    The Dreamwave comics showed it was Prowls idea[if I remember correctly] and plans were underway around 2003/4, the publisher went out of buisness before the city was built in the fiction
    The Madman comic had construction starting in 2001, but it was a one story book, we dont know when it was finished.
    :confused: I thought it was Prowl

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

dp

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Ummm, they did.

The Transformers (Madman - Transformers Wiki)

Madmans Transformers comic available exclusively with Madman Entertainment's The Transformers DVD set.

Like it or not, its official

10. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i think that one scramble city special touched on the isue of autobot city being built post season 2 but it never eally covered the matter real in dpeth concenering the decepticons fully conquoring cyberron and driving the autobots off world and the construction of the two moon bases.

a fellow fan went and made a english fan dubbed adaption of the scramble city story line a couple years or so back and even managed to expand on the storyline in adding on to its cliffhanger ending using scenes from headmasters the rebirth and season 1 and 2 of the us and japanese g1 series.

G1: Scramble City Reloaded : Part 1 - YouTube
    scramble city relaoded part 1

G1: Scramble City Reloaded : Part 2 - YouTube
    scramble city relaoded part 2

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I did go back and check those issues because that particular panel had the character painted sorta greeny. I checked to see who of that bodytype shared by Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen was present at that battle during the preceeding issues and all I could see was Smokescreen. He's even drawn with that weird Smokescreen extra neck piece in the previous issues despite being seen block-coloured orange/yellow several times in the background so I knew it was him.
    Also, Prowl was in the Limbo Dimension with Optimus and Ratchet during Target: 2006.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

ok, I stand corrected.:thumbs2: 

13. Robimus Major

Robimus Major Well-Known Member

Cheers mate, just read it. Nice idea, still could go deeper though. How about Kup, Arcee, Hot Rod, Springer and Blurr being on Cybertron with the resistance (lead by Alpha Trion) when the Decepticons attack. Megatron and Shockwaves combined forces conquer Cybertron. Alpha Trion goes into hiding and the resistance head to Earth. Just an idea. Don't know if Alpha Trion is still alive at the end of season 2 though.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Dreamwave comics did something similar.

Shockwave was in command of all Cybertron, Ultra Magnus was his second, the Decepticon and 2 of the Autobot triplechangers as well as the cone head seekers were worked for them

Alpha Trion was Shockwave captive, Hotrod,Kup,Arcee,Springer,Wheelie and the Sharkticon Gnaw were part of the Resistance.

15. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Transformers the movie was already in the works during season 2 part 1. That is why a lot of season 2 transformers (aerialbot, stunticons, and such) were not in the movie. There really wasn't a good plan in place to plot out the notion of having autobot city in season 2. I guess the writers for the movie and show should've compared notes

16. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

When was Autobot City completed?

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Seems like I'm repeating myself...

It was never covered in the US cartoon.Obviously before the events we saw in the film 2005
    The Japanese cartoon shows that Metroplex was built within a few years of season 2, no info on when the rest of the city was built was given
    The UK comic showed the idea was planted by Unicron, and that the plans were completed by 2003, the city opened in 2004
    The Dreamwave comics showed it was Prowls idea[if I remember correctly] and plans were underway around 2003/4, the publisher went out of buisness before the city was built in the fiction
    The Madman comic had construction starting in 2001, but it was a one story book, we dont know when it was finished.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

metroplex built in season 3

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

According to what we learned in the season 3 opener, Metroplex was built before the events of the movie, so he was built before season 3.

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Dude, Scramble City is not this legendary story that bridges the gap between season 2 and the movie as some people make it out to be. It's mostly a lengthy commercial for the combiner teams with minimal "plot".

Not the first time he did this. I think he's running out of ideas for new topics so he starts repeating himself.