Construct-Bots AOE Dinobots Scorn

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Starscream Gaga, May 22, 2014.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Sorry that some of the pictures came out "meh", but I hope you all ge tthe idea of these guys!

[​IMG]

I found the new Construct-Bots Dinobots so I thought I'd do a quick review of them. Unfortunately while we got Wave 2 of the Dinobots we didn't get Wave 2 of the Dinobot Riders, so they'll have to go without Hound and Crosshairs til mine arrive!

[​IMG]

Here's Scorn in robot-mode. He looks pretty good, although I'm quickly getting bored of the Construct-bots transformation schemes. Outside of Strafe, every 'Bot ends up with the front feet for hands, back feet for feet, tail for weapon and head and body hanging off the back. I know its not totally their fault, but its not as fun the third and fourth times.

[​IMG]

Scorn's robot mode bares very little similarities to the Deluxes. They're heads are completely different! Adds to my theory that, despite what Hasbro said, we may not see the non-Grimlock guys transform.

[​IMG]

His robot-mode's fairly standard size. Bigger then Grimlock (the shortest) and smaller then Strafe and Slash (the tallest).

[​IMG]

Scorn's dinosaur mode is pretty awesome! He's by far the biggest of the Constuct-bots and looks pretty great and stylised all over. He has two sails too, which the Deluxe lacks. His gimmick is that by moving the gears his sails swing up and down. Sort of strange, really.

[​IMG]

Crosshairs hasn't made it to me yet, so Bumblebee's standing in!

[​IMG]

Not the best pic, but here's all the Dinobots together!

For recommendations, if you've bought all of Wave 1, I'd say go for it for a complete collection, if not and you're still interestedv in getting one, I'd say go for Scorn or Strafe plus a Rider. They're fun and simple, although they're definitely not display pieces. Personally though, if the Riders did not exist I'd have skipped them all. Not a huge fan of the idea that after 5 Dinobots and 6 Riders I've spent $86 on these things. That buyer's remorse...

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice review! I trying my best to avoid this line but they look so cute! What line is that mini Optimus from? He looks adorable sitting atop Scorn!

3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Optimus is from the Dinobot Rider line. They're designed to clip on the backs of the Dinobots.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think the pics look pretty sweet! I'd suggest perhaps getting some extra lighting at the front so you have less shadows on the toys, that will probably help you take your photos to the next level!

Just a quick mod note, I'd much rather we keep it one thread per toy for indexing purposes, so I've split off your thoughts on Slash into a separate thread :) 

Cheers for the updates!