Connecticut Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Big Convoy, May 25, 2003.

1. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Megatron is indeed one per case. A case contains three Primes and one Meg's.

2. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    thanks man was able to score optimus ,megs.soundwave,jacky and cliffjumper

3. axisvega

axisvega Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Thinking about breaking down and picking up prime. Anybody recommend? Anyone against?

4. fesifisky

fesifisky Marauder Prime

2000 miles away from Lookout Mountain(Colorado)
    Ebay:
    Haven't opened up my Prime yet, have opened 1 of all the others I've found though and love them. Kinda waiting to see if a bigger/more detailed prime is released before deciding to open him.

5. Spadstein

Spadstein Member

Axisvega: I ended up snagging a Prime. He's growing on me. The backpack doesn't seem so bad in person, the blue forearms and lack of red on his chest don't regsiter so much when I'm playing around with him. Also, if he holds his sword upside down, and you flip his hand up into it's truck mode position, it resembles his show armblades enough to be passable. Sadly there's nothing redeemable about that gun.

Transformation wise I think he's satisfying, although I sometimes have a little trouble getting his arms aligned right for truck mode, and getting his chest to firmly lock into place in robot mode. I recommend him, but hopefully for less than $26 if you can manage.

6. Luscanun

Luscanun Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have the RiD Prime. Honestly, I think he's great save the extremely stupid powerizer weapon. I haven't done any of the coloring mods to him yet, but plan too. He's a decently accurate representation. I don't have the FE one, and the RiD honestly doesn't look as good in bot mode, but bang for the buck, he fits my shelf fine. Actually, his truck mode is a little more screen accurate than the FE, IMO. I'd recommend him, especially if you can get him at Target (I got mine for 20.99).

Also, I picked up WJ from the Windsor Target earlier today. They had one CJ and BBs galore; no Soundwave OR Voyagers (have to ask for them and you may get slack re: the street date). As others have said, WJ is glorious. Love the bot mod even though the swords are a little short. I did notice one thing though: everyone is bashing the CJ RiD cover art (depicting him with his tri-blaster arm cannon) as inaccurate to the toy... but NO ONE that I've seen has mentioned the same about WJ...

7. axisvega

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Thanks much, spadstein. I will probably pick him up at Target after work. And hold out hope I can snag a first edition eventually

8. axisvega

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah, I have Soundwave, wheeljack and megatron, and all the FE except prime. I am thinking of painting him completely, as I did with megs

9. axisvega

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Just picked up prime at the orange Target. They had a few more in back, as well as deluxes, you just have to ask. :)  prime doesn't look nearly as bed as pictures make him appear. I still want a first edition, tho.

10. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Waterford TRU has 1 Wheeljack, and 2 Bumblebees (RiD not FE)

Also, if anyone's interested they have a few Kre-O's on clearance...

Sentinal Prime- $20
    Optimus- $40
    Prowl-$13

11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck Seeker

News Credits:
    Danbury TRU has a cpl RID BB's, a Wheeljack and a Cliffjumper. They also have the new Avengers line in case anyone is looking

12. Driftx3

News Credits:
    Grabbed RID Prime WJ and CJ case-fresh from Waterbury Target. Used the DCPI numbers and they let me open a fresh case! I didn't take the Soundwave as I'm not really digging his mold, the case break up is 1 Soundwave 1 Cliffjumper 2 Wheeljacks and 4 Bumblebees...I smell shelfwarming....

13. Driftx3

News Credits:
    Also at Waterbury Target is a case of Voyagers, but I didn't have them pull it, so someone go get your Megatron!

14. axisvega

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    north haven tru has one bumblebee all alone on the pegs, as well as a few bot shot, including one trans-sentinel, if anyone is looking.

15. axisvega

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    also, north haven target says they have the all stars Prime toy in the stockroom. I didnt bother to ask anyone about it, as I am not ready to drop $30 on a DOTM toy atm.

dcpi is 087 06 0641

16. almightymaximus

almightymaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hartford Walmart has DOTM Exclusive Lunar Fire Optimus Prime and Track Battle Roadbuster. Full shelves of older DOTM deluxe waves. Couple Generations Wheeljack. Few Human Alliance Roadbuster. Leader Sentinel Prime and Bumblebee are there also. Few Rescue Bots Blades in young child toy section if anyone is looking to get the toy for his or her kid. No Prime RID toy in this store.

17. almightymaximus

News Credits:
    West Hartford TRU has few Prime RID Voyager Optimus Prime and couple Prime RID Deluxe Bumblebee. All of Prime Legion wave 1 except Arcee. Few Bot Shots Optimus and Bumblebee. Couple boxes of Prime Bumblee blaster. For DOTM toy, this store has few Human Alliance Roadbuster. One of each Leader Class Sentinel Prime, Ironhide and Bumblebee. A box of Voyager Sentinel Prime. Some DOTM Deluxe Class toys and DOTM TRU exclusive box sets. No Prime Megatron, someone may have brought Megatron already.

18. almightymaximus

News Credits:
    New Britain Target has Prime Legion wave 1 toys. Exclusive Human Alliance Roadbuster. DOTM Voyager Megatron, Shockwave and Starscream. A lone Generations Kup and few boxes of DOTM Deluxe toys. No other Prime RID on shelves yet.

19. wingblade prime

wingblade prime On the Lost Light

Apparently someone did, as I went there 8:30 last night, and there were two Primes on the shelf. I also bought the last Wheeljack, so nothing but Bumblebees left. SHELFWARMER!

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    anyone seen Junk Heap lately?