Confirmed - Cybertron cartoon cancelled in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro don't seem to push the toys at all. I have seen one Cybertron advert on TV, and I have only seen it once. It's ridiculous.
    And whilst Woolworths decide to not stock Cybertron, Hasbro UK's little pet shelfwarmer Action Man's current (and totally awful) incarnation, A.T.O.M. (Atomic Teens On Machines - I kid you not) is clogging up massive amounts of shelves in branches across the nation. It's a miracle Hasbro ever sell anything in the UK; they certainly don't seem to care about sales much.

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear for our UK fans. :(  But this is just one of the many, many reasons why I only watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. Everything else sucks.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I work next door to the Turner building, I should pay them a visit.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I get the impression that Hasbro UK don't release Transformers because they want to, but because they're obliged to by their parent company.

5. Dys

Dys Bitter yellow dog.

News Credits:
    Good to see Hasbro UK is pulling out all the stops to make Transformers be as big a success as they want it to be in the UK. Now there's no cartoon, that leaves what to support the toys in the UK? The spectacular boxart on every package? The many adverts screened around the clock? The long and intricate bios on the back of the boxes? The wide selection of cool toys which don't include a sizeclass (Ultra) that seems to consist only of one figure that's a repainted shelfwarmer from a previous line (Dark Scorponok) :rolleyes: 

They may as well get Actionman to hold a pillow over Optimus Primes faceplate and get it over with, it's not like Actionman toys are doing anything better.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ..was that the one with Megatron on it?? The same Megatron who apparently won't be available in the UK/Irish market??

..and that cartoon IS on terrestrial TV. :peoples: 

Indeed. Like someone at Hasbro UK is on a mission to carve out their own spehere of influence.

I heard a rumour that TRU.UK have Metroplex listed at £29.99 rather than £39.99 which would be the price at Hasbro UK's 'Conversion rate'. This would suggest to me that TRU UK aren't just getting leftover stock from TRU USA ,but new stock too
    indicating that they're less than happy with Hasbro UK also.

It's not the current situation that annoys, but rather the fact that we seem utterly powerless to do anything about it.

7. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

good god i really hate living here, wasnt a huge fan of the serise (the few that i saw) but still you would think they would replace energon with it. Have any cybertron figures hit our uk stores yet? havent been to check for ages

8. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Yes, though some of the major chains (like Woolworths) have dropped the line entirely, and although the last wave did get a token release Hasbro UK are currently shipping cases of Ultras that consist sorely of Dark Scorponock.

Phazer

9. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    It's funny how the picture looks like the flag is at half-mast.
    Alas, the UK-ians must be mourning the loss of Cybertron. :redface: :huh

10. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

well the cartoon sucked anyway.....

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well I stopped watching toonami after that dumb ass revamp, way to take a good channel and flush it. Man I wish they would just re launch CNX.

Well Transformers are dead in the watch as far as the UK goes now, I haven’t seen them move in my local TRU for weeks, even with the buy 2 get a 3rd free deal going on, Hasbro UK I would say your marketing skill suck, but that implies you have any marketing skills.

12. Cobra_Commander

wow that kinda sucks, glad im goin to america in a few days, ill be able to pick up some figures while in there :D 

13. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

* double post

14. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

oh well, looks like UK tfs have officially been taken round the back with a shotgun and put out of their misery

at least we'll always have eBay UK

15. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

How come us English are so lucky?

16. Cobra_Commander

:lol  very true but we gotta deal with the huge pnp costs :( 

17. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

even with p&p eBay is still cheaper than the high street prices in my experience, I bought Galaxy Convoy and Master Megs from HLJ, both of them together still worked out cheaper that what the UK shop price would eventually be.
    If Hasbro UK actually stopped the $19.99 = £19.99 BS then people may actually buy tfs over here who aren't fans.

18. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

The costs ordering TFs from the likes of BBTS work out so close to Hasbro UK's Regular Retail Price that the only reason I can see for any UK TF collector not doing so is not having a visa card...

19. Prowlus

Prowlus resident goldfish

Well outdated Australian live action kids documenteries and next month another Australian teen drama (Are we all from down under here ir something Turner?!!) Ofcom could make a field day out of Toonami uk . Have a look at their homrpage and then compare it to toonami us . Too bad there are no satellite dishes capable of descrambling US channals here

20. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You do realise that there has been a few sightings of Cybertron toys on UK shelfs?

Just cause you can't find them in your local stockest doesn't me they aren't out.