1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Component/S-Video Cables on a Tube TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaScourge, Oct 24, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

trying to hook my GC and PS2 back in my room, i noticed that my TV also has a component input and a S-Video input...so i was wondering....

can you tell the difference (A/V to S-Vid, A/V to Comp, S/Vid to Comp) on a Tube TV? (i have a 28" Panasonic, bought in 2002)

a HD TV will come eventually but not anytime soon.

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

My tube tv has a multiple inputs of the connections your talking about but Its an HD tv so I don't think I can help you as far a SD TVs go.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Depends on the quality of the TV and how good an eye you have for it, I had no problem seeing the difference between S-Video and RGB inputs on the high end 28" SD CRT that I had before my current 32" LCD HDTV.

4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I see a bigger difference in the Comp output then I did in the S-video. Right now I have the PS2 on the A/V, the Gamecube on the S-video and the 360 on the comp. I've got a 36" Panasonic tube.