Complete G2 Menasor on eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by godbomber, Jun 28, 2014.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People seem to be missing one key thing: It truly is a once in a life time thing. It was never stated "This is the ONLY G2 Menasor in existence!" we know it's not, and we knew it beforehand, but it was so exciting to see Motormaster included that we forgot about that part of it. Here's why it IS a once in a life time thing, at least as of right now (because we don't know what the future holds) ....who in their right mind would sell off their G2 Menasor if they have it complete and intact? How many Hasbro employees have estates that are being liquidated as we speak? (Or even recently?) For that matter, if there was another Hasbro employee estate, how do we even know they'd have stuff of this caliber among the items?

Say what you want, but the fact that a regular, run of the mill fan with no insight to how it works behind the scenes (unlike Pete and a few others here) could actually obtain one of these sets, complete or otherwise IS a once in a life time kind of deal.

To say otherwise shows me that you're not willing to look at the situation as it is, only as certain people want you to see it. The only one who really has any right to be angry and have this sense of dread out of this disaster is Highprime. The rest of us, myself included, shouldn't be playing armchair lawyer.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    *poofs*

Just my opinion, but looks like the seller is a crock of a liar (misleading auction, not really a broker) and is profiting off Transformers fan boys.

Buyer has a right to be pissed - I would too if the seller was all "lolz thanks got 2 more to sell!"

Dunno why everyone is mad at Pete - he can be a douche (<3) but in terms of knowledgeable collectors of old stuff, only the Hartmans and Paul have as much knowledge as him. You don't like Botcon? Quit going. Vote with your wallet. Otherwise you're the typical whinewhinewhine *buys stuff anyways* whinewhinewhine guy that this fandom has received a reputation of having.

In closing, buyer has a right to be pissed and demand a refund. Sadly I doubt he gets it. There's no reason to hate on Pete in this thread - that's dumb trolling just to troll.

Kbye.

3. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Ive reread the past 5 pages twice now. What happened? 3 day ago starwarsproto was actively discussing and debunking rumors of the number of menasors.

All of a sudden there are accusations that he physically has more. Where did that info come from? Another thread? Where is it posted that high prime is unhappy and initiated a refund?

4. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Pete drops the hammer. He does make a lot of valid points, and an observer could come to the same conclusion regarding the seller's listing practices.

The seller had not revealed anything until posting a video later on. It is believed the buyer, as well as most of us here had no idea the seller possessed more sets.

I SAID I WAS SORRY FOR SUGGESTING IT! :p 

It won't be back up for grabs if HighPrime can't get his money back on return of the set.

eBay has a time limit, but I'm sure there are special circumstances. I believe it is 45 days to file a claim.

This is true, when would a set like this ever become available to the general public by way of eBay. The one thing is though, the seller implied he only had one, and then post-sale revealed he had more. I believe this is the issue which truly is the fire of this debate.

The trolling on Pete stopped about six pages ago. Pete's been very helpful with his knowledge on the subject of G2 items.

More auctions had popped up, along with a video from the seller "unboxing" more sets. Or something of that sort.

This started around 8/31 where the incident began. A number of posts had been removed so elements of the situation are vacant from the thread.

5. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    still want to argue that this auction was not shill bid?

6. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

To avoid redundancy.......can someone with access to other sources of info please post links on this subject......Facebook, YouTube, secondary G2 Menasor auctions on ebay, etc.
    Thank you in advance

7. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It is amusing how some people argue semantics just so they can appear correct. I'm not getting into any of that, as I posted the entire auction description and my opinion.

Anyway, one new thing that I just realized, was what Pete linked - that the seller stated that he was brokering the collection. If he did acquire the collection by purchasing it from the widow and at the time of sale actually owned the items, that would be considered obvious fraud, no?

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It's a ploy. Keeps people off the seller as he can always say "I'm just selling it for the guy" versus the pitchforks which is what is happening now.

9. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At the end of the day, all of these toys are plastic, screws, and occasionally, die-cast metal. They are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I still remember having to argue with myself over the merits of spending $1700 on a boxed Grand Maximus all those years ago.

10. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

^ this.

11. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find this whole situation the height of lunacy.

12. Omegax80

News Credits:
    It's what I believe as well. He said he acquired the collection, correct? I would think that means it's his.

But doesn't he say he has possession of the items? So he knows what is there, he knows the inventory, its no mystery.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's very common to have inventory in your physical possession when you're selling on consignment. You can verify condition, provide details for potential buyers, perform the shipping and handling. I've done consignment sales myself from time to time.

14. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Should be happy about that, he goes for $3000+ these days...

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man. This whole thing turned kinda sour. That sucks.

16. desuGoji

desuGoji Banned

Wow. Came back to this after the auction ended and it all went to shit didn't it?

I have sympathy for HighPrime for sure. For most people, 30k isn't something that comes back around when you spend it. It seems that swproto or whatever, is connected to Jordan from Toyhunter (how else would the woman shown in his show have the same merch?) and I've heard lots of bad things about him from people on forums to the guy that runs my local toy shop. Where there is smoke...

He may have screwed one guy out of 30k, but people will think twice about paying a lot for his wares in the future. It's not like he has a lot of outlets to sell these things and reputation /buyer confidence is pretty much gold in this situation.

I also know that being on toy forums and collecting toys can lead to really bad decision making. People want to think they are the king of an item or race to be the "best": the first to review, the "expert" on whatever subject. ect ect.

This is a cautionary tale to all collectors, big and small to be careful what you spend your money on. There are more important things in life.

Anyway, I hope this has a happy ending. If I bought something and thought it was one of a kind to turn out it was 1 dozen of a kind, I'd feel terrible too.

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^very intriguing post, esp the first part..

18. Scopedog

Scopedog Active Member

Ebay:
    Is this comic book writer the same Mike Mackey as starwarsprotos? This comic book stars conservative talk show host Sean Hannity, disgraced Watergate conspirator G. Gordon Liddy, and disgraced Iran-Contra smuggler LtCol Oliver North versus Chelsea Clinton:
    Mike Mackey on Liberality for All | Sequart Organization

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive a bit of experience in contractual negotiations and the following would be the best win-win scenario for both parties:

SWP would contact HP privately, negotiate a partial refund. HP would sign something like a non disclosure agreement. HP would announce that the matter is privately resolved.

HP would get to keep goods, and get a bit of money back to make himself feel better about overpaying.

SWP would not only avoid potential legal/credit hassle but in the eyes of collector would have made amends, thus improving his standing. Keep in mind the market for this is a very small group (that guy who compared celebrations to botcon is spot on) so like somebody said, better work with collectors rather than against. Also, with HP agreeing to non disclosure SWP would still have some leeway in setting new prices.

Hope u guys see it this way as itd be a nice closure to an issue thats gone public in a bad way. See guys? I'm just not some guy what posts poop and fart jokes.

20. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    reality sucks. sorry but true,

this situation has turned into a clusterfuck of bad juju.