Complete G2 Menasor on eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by godbomber, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There really should have been a ton a research done before dropping that kind of money highprime.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Research on what? The guy lied, then admitted he lied after HP paid. How was he supposed to research? Search the guy's storage like a ninja?

3. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like I said on page 2 or 3 before a ton of people mocked me trying to be buddy buddy with Starwars. I found out that three close to zero feedbacks bumped my bid to max of 15,000$ on the original G2 menasor. Those bids were bumped up with 7 days remaining, and not another major bid happened for 5 days. I detected the shill bidding back then but was met with wild mockery. Ive been on Ebay since 1995, and its blatently obvious.

4. Logicfry

Logicfry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Pete act like the adult you are, don't be a Internet/Messageboard troll. If he dosent want to answer your question he dosent have to. I personally don't care how many he has be it 1 or 3, 5, or more. He purchased this stuff to resale, and he can list them at any price and any time he wants.

Pete never forget right now you are the face of the tfcc. So your action's are reflecting on the club. Right now it's looking like the club is run by a whiny manchild, who is upset he can't get his way.

5. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    If im not mistaken, I believe hp frequented the ld group where there is a ton of knowledge and advice. Also, whens the last time you dropped 28k blindly on a toy without doing some homework first. I feel bad for hp, but this is a rookie move, and rookies shouldnt be spending this much on something they know nothing about.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  6. GogDog

News Credits:
    You're missing the point completely.

7. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    Regardless of what the guy had in storage, there are more out there. Thats the point I was trying to make. More out there to prove it did not warrant a 28k bid.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys are saying the same thing, just coming at it from different angles.

No doubt. I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better.

9. GogDog

News Credits:
    That's your opinion. HP was comfortable spending that, so that's HIS decision.

What's clearly wrong here is he was lied to. It doesn't matter how many G2 Menasors are out there (within reason, of course), what matters is how often they go up for sale.

So if (hypothetically) this was his one shot to get one this decade, that's a big fucking deal. When the seller lies about it, that's a big fucking deal, too. Because it's no longer one shot. It's multiple shots.

So you can sit here and keep telling HP he overspent. That has nothing to do with the actual issue.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  10. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    All im saying is that there was information out there proving it was not as rare as the seller was claiming it to be.

11. GogDog

News Credits:
    That is true. There are multiple ways the seller was being dishonest. One could be learned from research, the other, no one had any idea until he was caught lying.

12. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you might be mistaken here. As far as we know, ALL of the painted G2 jeeps appear to have come from the widow. It also appears she had, at the very least, nearly all the painted Motormasters. I know of three unpainted Motormasters and where they reside for certain, but never has a painted one been made available publicly. Just about every other Unrealeased G2 production sample has (with the exception of Hotspot).

So, that coupled with what has been pointed out by others in this thread, it's not that High Prime overpaid. He bid based on information that was false. THAT is the issue...

13. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

All i have to say on this matter, is to quote my post on the first page. Seemed sketchy from the start. For all we know this guy is selling bootlegs

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Based on this logic, if in theory I won the lottery and bought a complete G2 Menasor and sold him for a buck, does that mean all the other G2 Menasors in existence are only worth a buck?

Not trying to question anything else you said, but that's some weird business logic.

An item has no inherent value. It's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. In your candy bar example, it's worth between 0.99 and 2.99. There's no fixed value.

If I were to give away a rare toy for free, does that reduce the toy's value to zero?

15. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. Regardless of how I feel about Funpub, Pete did the noble thing here for the community. To the guy that was blasting him for helping the community out, a little context goes a long way. Starwars turned out to be a carpetbagging merchant. Nothing more.

16. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Where is this group at?

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1st rule of Fight Club...

18. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Agreed. I feel like the club lets us down or just plain annoys us a lot of the time and this puts a big ol bulls eye on Pete's back. I feel like the guy was speaking from a position of genuine concern for the fandome at large.

19. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    That's weak. So its a group of elitist Transformers fans?

20. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want to start a thread in General Discussion I'll be happy to address yours (and anyone else's) concerns about any actual and perceived missteps we have made over the last 10 years.