Complete G2 Menasor on eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by godbomber, Jun 28, 2014.

1. sentinal prime

sentinal prime Well-Known Member

this have to be fakes they never even went into production they were only concept art for a few but not the toys only breakdown was made for botcon a limit run
    i have books that tell me they were never ever made.
    so i belive its fakes knockoffs to me extact
    because hasbro books say one thing and this sellers says another
    anyone can make a sheet sayings it real were in the age of the geek its very easy to do that ,just like the guy a way two months ago saying he had a transformers that was a prototype never made basically it was sunstreaker body superglue superion head and optimus legs ,but funny it was painted and sticker because prototype dont get this treatment.just like this ones
    my opinion

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    You don't know what you're talking about.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Man oh man I .... dear lord that's.... oh wow!

Your's was one of the first names I thought of when my wife asked who might go after this.

...I haven't heard a giant explosion yet.

Has Hasbro ever officially stated whether the Stunticon molds have been lost? The only one I seem to remember hearing anything about was the Combaticon molds and how badly they seem to have degraded for the combaticon reissue set.

4. starwarsprotos

starwarsprotos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree 100%. I am treating the collection like an archaeological site. So if I find some random piece of paper I can attach it to the proper item. Paperwork and notes included in boxes, to and from shipping labels on cases are priceless and can help turn speculation into fact.

Not everybody can afford the hardest to find ultra-rare pieces but EVERYBODY is entitled to know factual details about everything produced. And most importantly have access to detailed photos.

5. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quickly! someone loan me several thousand dollars!

6. sentinal prime

sentinal prime Well-Known Member

I think you dont know anything do you work for hasbro do you have more than a piece of paper
    No I didnt think so

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You need to do your research. This is a well known set. Our front page post does a great job of explaining the details.

8. sh002

sh002 Banned

Cool

9. DarkSkyfire

DarkSkyfire Well-Known Member

I guess there are rich Transformers collectors. My guess would be $8000 to $9000, but sounds like people think it will go for more than that.

I'll add that this makes me feel like I'm paying peanuts for MP-22.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um, no, you are 100% wrong. this is quite a famous prototype that never saw the light of day, i've and many more of us have followed the history on this particular prototype and this is the nicest specimen i've ever seen, to the fact i want to say this is the first time we ever even saw the stickers on motormaster

this is legit, to say otherwise is foolish and incorrect

11. Armorwolf129

Armorwolf129 Well-Known Member

Wow. That is amazing. I wish I had a question to ask, but my mind is too busy being in awe.

12. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Lord this is like finding Bigfoot or a UFO! Most of us have heard about his, but to actually see its real.....
    I'm almost speechless.....
    Can't wait to see how much this Grail goes for!

Starwarsprotos, thanks for sharing with the world, and know this Community eagerly awaits the rest of your finds!

13. DarkSkyfire

It would be kind of funny if someone spent $20000 on this and then Hasbro released it as a Botcon set.

14. Fighbird

Fighbird Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be me, I guess. No way I could ever afford these although if I could (i.e. had the moolah) I would definitely bite. Anyone here looking for a spare somewhat-used kidney...? ;) 

I made my own custom set some 10 years ago based on all the facts that were known at that time - especially the stickers on Motormaster were a big obstacle for me to find authentic image sources for. Had to make do with blurry images from the backs of the limbs' cards. Both neat and frustrating to see how different mine turned out compared to the real deal, hehe :) 

(For comparison/those interested, my customs can be seen here: G2 Stunticons - part 6: Menasor - NTFA Forums :)  )

15. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I still say if BotCon/FunPub was cool they would reissue these as an exclusive.

You guys ARE cool, right? ^_~

16. Karl Hartman

Karl Hartman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You, sir, in fact, have no idea what you are talking about. So, let me tell you a story, to educate you and hopefully prevent you from further making a fool of yourself.

A little less than twenty one years ago, my brother Jon and I wanted to put together a convention to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Transformers, which would take place in the next summer, summer of 1994. We brainstormed ideas for the convention. Fairly early on, we had decided to approach Hasbro, in the hopes that we could acquire an exclusive toy. Several months later, they sent us a box. Inside that box were fully finished, production samples of the Generation 2 versions of Breakdown, Wildrider, Dead End, Dragstrip, Groove, Streetwise, First Aid, and Blades. Also inside the box was a letter to my brother and I from Hasbro, asking for us to choose one of these 8 fir our exclusive, and we could keep them all. This was the first recorded instance, as far as we know, of anyone outside of those who worked at Hasbro, to know of the existence of those figures. Those 8 figures went in to be pictured in a later issue of Tomart's Action Figure Digest, in their coverage of BotCon 1995. (That show was in Dayton, home of Tomart's office, and they wanted to take pictures of them, once they learned of their existence.)

So, sir, for you to claim that these are fake, you are mistaken. I think this is just a case of you not doing your research. It happens sometimes to those who I can only assume have not been involved in the hobby for that long.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't the Stunticon molds lost or damaged or something? Has/Tak would have to reissue the G1 deco with re-created molds before FunPub could give us the glorious 90's goodness.

18. DarkSkyfire

I was going to say I bet someone uses these pic's to make a custom set.

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thread cleaned up, carry on

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Any idea on how G2 Menasor head looks like? Purple with red eyes?

also, somebody needs to show pics of that beaut combined for like... ever. :lol