Complete Allspark Almanac Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Digilaut, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Noisemaze

Noisemaze Anti-Anti-Aircraft

For what purpose?
    The majority of the book has been released previously and the series it is from is dead.
    If you wanted to support Transformers, you'd purchase copies of current comics from your LCBS instead with the money.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow!

It sounds like there's enough material for another Botcon :lol 

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Mine already shipped from Amazon.ca. Should be here Tuesday.

4. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Animated Nightbeat. Added to the TFWiki recently, lifted from the complete Almanac.

She's like a Minerva kind of mash up. I like the head sculpt a lot.

Attached Files:

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not both?...

People worked on this - not just the show, but this book.
    Buying these shows IDW and Hasbro that we appreciate and support this type of material.

6. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please stop posting scans from the book in this thread. A lot of people would probably like to be surprised... I know I will when my copy arrives in an hour or so...

7. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:

Sorry. I figured since it was on the wiki it was fair game.

8. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Mine won't be shipping till later in the month (got some Spider-Man Legends figures to bump up to free shipping that aren't relesed yet), but I'm so glad to hear that there are new character designs in the book. Worth the purchase price alone, "repaints" or not. And I certainly can't hold it against the book that my pipe dream of finally seeing the Animated Opimus Primal design won't be realized :)  But even without the new material I probably would have picked it up just to have it all in one place and to vote with my wallet for season 4 comics...

9. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got home from work to the book. Unless I misremember things, it seems we have a lot of new characters. i really want another Animated Botcon... and I also don't, because I'd want to buy it all. I need to go through more thorougly, but there might be a couple mistakes.. Longrack and Override (if that's her on page 325 toward the top right) have two different character models.

As for some of the other things:
    ANIMATED PRIME KNOCKOUT! ANIMATED RID15 STRONGARM! ANIMATED CY-KILL! ANIMATED MTMTE SWERVE! ANIMATED ARMADA TIDAL WAVE! ANIMATED PHARMA (I think)!!

Edit: it seems Swerve was in it before, but two different designs..

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  10. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    The original Allspark Almanac II had a lot of new content created by Sorenson and Forster that was not vetted by Derrick J Wyatt or Marty Isenberg, with Forster creating a bunch of new designs (including a Longrack, iirc.) DJW later created a Longrack for the Botcon comic in 2010. He and Josh Perez also contributed some character designs for the new complete AA. I imagine it's possible that they didn't iron out everything that was in the book originally with the new contributions.

Anyway, as I understand it, the character model/bio pages are largely vetted by DJW, the rest is stuff that Sorenson and Forster created.

11. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Flipped through it today and it looked great. Gonna have to go get it when I can. I hope there are some new BW guys in it.

12. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both volumes of the original, but I can't remember which characters were in it and I can't find them right now.

There's definitely a few issues with a few characters getting multiple designs. I think it has to do with the fact that there are so many pages and the new content is spread out all over the book, they just didn't catch them in editing.

I still love the book.

13. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Holy *)($ this book is freaking huge. I'm looking forward to going through it tonight and tomorrow, season 4's section is gonna be a bit sad always wished they had some how pulled it off and got season 4 made. They mention in the Introduction the chapters are bigger, did they add even more to the chapters since the first releases? (I never owned the volumes separate.)

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can't wait for someone to go through and point out all the differences between the old ones and this. It's still over a week before it's released here.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazon's just barely preparing mine for shipment. Hopefully it ships out of the localish warehouse so it'll arrive that much sooner.

16. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's gonna be hard as they reorganized the books together and added the new material within. I don't have my originals handy, but this version is much better organized.

Also I got my second copy from Amazon today, and it's in perfect conditon! Now I can send my first copy back to Amazon and all is well.

17. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Okay this is amazing I wonder if this has anything to with the botcon hall of fame since i never recall seeing him in the background
    Elite Gaurd Erector
    . Also I really love the fact that these character bios are done from another character in the series talking about them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got mine Friday from Amazon, but didn't get a chance to open it until Saturday.

Love it. It's somewhat hard to tell what's new and what's revised without doing a page by page comparison, since there's some reordering to the book to unify it. Some sections seem clearly revised or new, but others I'm not sure of.

EDIT Okay, I got out my original Almanacs, and some stuff has changed. I didn't notice until I couldn't find Thundera on the Galactic Map, but looking at them together, the map has changed quite a bit. Some planets have moved, some have been omitted, and new ones have been added. Maccadams Old Oil House menu has been almost completely redone.

19. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it looks like all the headshots on the menu have been replaced with DJW-drawn art. There's a new RiD female Strongarm head (though there's a male Strongarm character model earlier in the book, so I'm not sure if she gets that name here.)

Also, Chromia has a new head, which I believe DJW said on Twitter he forgot to replace on the bio.

20. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    I presume then that Strongarm's there to replace Mindwipe in his original spot, who got moved to Inferon's place on the board game, since he's
    in the Predacon section now
    , yes?

Everybody else basically the same?