Complaints about the multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BloodRavenX91, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

I have no idea why but every time I play, the game seems glitchy as hell. By that, I mean the enemy is in one place, then skips across the room as they move. This is everytime I play.

....and, on top of that, why do the jets move like they are slowly slipping through molasses only to get stuck on everything in the area? Or is that part of the fun?

2. J2DK

J2DK Fan

Scientist: I feel like the Scientist is too strong now. He has the most vehicle mobility, a monstrous close range weapon, a monstrous long range weapon, and two great abilities including the sentry gun. If I fly past you, drop a sentry gun, fly/dash back over you and start firing half aimed Gear Shredder shots at you, you're probably going to lose. If you try to run away, I'll recall my sentry and chase you down. I can also drop a Rust Sentry and make it easier. The Gear Shredder just tears through opponents now thanks to its increased homing capability. Before the balance pass, I was using Orbital pisol and Photon Burst Rifle from the hip in close range. Now, I can just spam gears on most levels and get that +200. Put the sentry back down and decrease the homing on the Gear Shredder to somewhere between the homing on release and the current level of homing. Fighting a team of scientists with Sentry Guns is excruciating.

Destroyer: I would say that the Destroyer is just fine as it is, but then I realized that a Destroyer can kill a Titan in as few as two Chaos Rift Combuster shots. It's currently too good for a weapon you have to half aim (like the Gear Shredder). It used to be garbage. Once again, nerf it down, but not all the way back to the original strength.

Titan: I thought the Flak shield was fine as it was. I think the problem is that whirlwind is just a lackluster skill now. It isn't terrible. It just isn't as effective as it was in WFC. It seems the best way to Whirlwind is to use the Corrosive Slime Cannon first or have your friend throw an EMP grenade into a crowd for the triple kill. ;)  I'm not sure how I feel about the Energon Harvester being nerfed. I hated it at first, but now I seem to be killing just fine and living long again.

Infiltrator: Cloak needs a boost. I don't have much desire to choose EMP past level 10 outside of "trying something different." The EMP grenade is so much better than Cloak, especially in objective games. Currently, the best way to get the most time out of cloak is to transform as you activate cloak and move around without boosting. Specter makes cloak last an acceptable length of time, but I think it should be Specter length normally with an added 3 seconds for Specter. I also don't agree with the 3 times resource usage on boost/dash. The guns are mostly fine. I feel the path blaster needs a tiny bit of its accuracy back. The Magma Dampener makes it decent, but not as good as the Subsonic repeater. I think the fire damage is should be taken down a tiny bit and the impact damage of fireblast should be boosted a tiny bit. It seems a bit unfair that infiltrators can burn Titans to death when a Titan has the Flak Shield up.

Maybe my mind will change when I have everyone back up to level 25. I'm currently around level 17 with my classes on my Prime run.

3. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    You obviously don't know how to fight a scientist but I agree the sentry needs a nerf

4. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    I think what your experiencing is called lag.

5. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

I've put away over 50 games in MP and they all played like this. I went back to WFC right after FOC last night and, damn, does WFC run smooth and fast. I guess I'll have to wait till everyone quits playing FOC to actually enjoy it.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    My main problem is that the missile on the Scientist's vehicle mode is pretty much useless.
    I totally get that the class has other skills that really come into play around level 15, but I just hate the fact that you can really only use the Jet\Helicopter mode to travel.

There is no way to do a "death from above" type of thing with the scientist.
    You can't lock the missile onto robot mode, and if you do lock onto vehicle mode they have an 80% chance of evading.

What makes it worse for me is that the missile the jet shoots makes this huge explosion when it hits, but it does almost no damage. There's nothing like shooting a guy in the back with a missile, seeing a gratifying huge explosion, and then having the guy you just shot turn around and kill.

7. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scientist already have the advantage in that they are shooting missiles DOWN at people. Tanks and trucks aren't so lucky and have to take a much tougher shot to do damage in vehicle mode.

Add to the fact that scientists are so mobile and you should be grateful that they even have a homing attack at all. HM could have just taken it out and said, "balancing issues", and everyone would have eaten it up like cotton candy, like the rest of their justifications for removing things from multiplayer.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Except that in the scenario as it is, shooting down is no advantage at all.
    If your shot does nothing except make your opponent notice you and then fire at you with a much more powerful weapon what is the advantage?

9. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess yours work then. I've asked on here before about the emp grenades cause mine went from actually working to just annoying people who shot through them and hit me with every shot.

10. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have tonnes but i'll just list the basics and not go into weapons and classes

-Host Migration hasn't worked once on PC just leaves you on a loading screen for 5 mins
    -Hackers - becoming a big problem with constant cloak, fast shoot, weapons from other classes etc. etc.
    -Lag issues, usually caused by hackers or players with really slow internet speeds causing all players to lag.
    -Never been able to play Head Hunter as PC has so few players and all they play is TD and the occasional Conquest. Not HM's fault but if they fixed the above issues more players would be still playing allowing for other game types.
    -Connection issues - i've had many games booted to desktop or left counting down to -60+ because of connection issues, not down to my internet connection as the whole player base for that game has to leave and find another game
    -Reporting problems or Hackers is pointless as no action has been taken to provide a fix and no hackers are banned.

Overall i feel like i've been slightly ripped off. If i'd paid £10-15 and just done campaign i'd be happy. I think MP has been a failure for PC and as bad as WFC got i still think it was better than FOC is.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  11. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    What's not to complain about with this piece of shit game?
    -I could go on for days with all the shit they f*****d up.

Why didn't they leave it alone from WfC? The idiots working there at activision and HMS should be shot in the face.
    If not for this being a transformers game I would rather have bought the smurfs.

12. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

THIS times a MILLION!!! WTH is up with this? Ther are a hundred ammo pickups, and I can roam the whole map and only find one or two Energon cubes. Very poor reward for successfully taking on someone as a Scientist or Infiltrator and leaving with like 30 points of health, and then trying to run around finding the damned cubes. I die everytime. I understand that HMS was anticipating that the Scientists would use the health ray and help out their teammates...but NOBODY I ever play with seems to do that...SO ******ED. And it is pretty much the same in the campaign..I find myself searching all over for them, but I get a million bullets. I don't remember ever running out of bullets in WFC and HMS kept saying that was the # 1 complaint by gamers. WHat were you guys doing to run out of ammo so much???

13. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure there are at least 3 cubes per map, plus the health recharger pickup, which is pretty fair to me. If fact, the scientist and infiltrator are the only classes that can really quickly get to them compared to the other, slower classes.

14. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

That's what I do, I play a Scientist and heal people, and I actually got a message from someone after a game thanking me for healing.

I like playing support, but frankly, the healing is just too underpowered in this game. I should be able to keep a target up while they're getting attacked by 2-3 people, but I can't, they just die way too fast. Improved healing would give people more reason to heal instead of taking a sentry. It's balanced because if you want to stop the healing... you kill the healer... It's the price you pay for being a healer, you get a bullseye on you.

15. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I have a mic so I actually just thank them in game. Never get a response though.

16. transtrekkie

I'm sure there are, but finding them is an exercise in getting chased down and killed.

17. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

ITT: "Waaaah I keep dying in multiplayer HMS is so gay why didnt they make it so I cant die in a multiplayer game stupid professional game studio you obviously know nothing about game design!"

Seriously. My only real complaint with the multiplayer is that there are people who are better at the game than I am. And that I wish there was a way to mute people.

18. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I have no problem finding cubes, you just need to remember where all four are located.

19. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

This

20. transtrekkie

Yeah, I should probably play a few private matches solo just to get the feel of where everything is in the different maps.

Except Spire. I fucking hate Spire.