Compilation of Transformers: One Plot and Character Leaks

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RazorX3000, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading through comments that saw the footage and I cant find anyone describing the animation outside of it being 3d. Has anyone compared it more in detail to any previous animated film? Curious what style they're going with here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Kenney

Michael Kenney Well-Known Member

One and a half minute teaser trailer or two to three minute full trailer?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Honestly, this sounds like everything I wanted it to be. The designs sound cool, I'm glad they're going more mecha/mechanical and not super stylized. I'm glad to hear Cybertron looks colorful and cool, and we get to see a lot of it. That's something I hated about the Netflix show, everything just looked like muddy brown concrete. Half the fun of stories set on Cybertron is seeing this cool spectacular location come to life.

And personally, I'm glad it sounds more funny/adventurous and not dark and gritty. Transformers is an action/adventure story that uses war as a backdrop, not a "gritty war story" like a lot of fans want it to be. The War for Cybertron games exist, and are fine if you want a grittier Cybertron story. And the sequels will probably go a bit darker if they go farther into the war.

This naming thing is stupid, but alien robots just being born with Earth names like "Bumblebee" and "Jazz" is okay? This requires far less suspension of disbelief than that.

This makes total sense to me. Transformers are born/created with numerical designations, and acquire their names later in life. Kind of like soldiers earning nicknames in the military. Or very much like the Clones in Clone Wars. To me that was clear in Bumblebee, and will probably become clearer with this movie.

It's likely that Orion and Elita have already acquired their nicknames by the time the movie starts (meaning we probably won't get to hear their numerical designations). It's not like they'd all get their nicknames at the exact same time. Clearly it took Bumblebee millions of years to get his name. Sounds like Megatron will probably get his in this movie. I don't really see what's confusing.

That's a horrible take from IO9. Pretty much all their complaints sounds like pros, and just make me more excited about the movie.

Isn't that what an origin story is? Seeing characters mature and become the versions we know and love? What did he expect, the movie would just start with Optimus fully formed?

Also, it's not like the Transformers (with the exception of Optimus) are exactly the height of maturity. Even on Earth they often come across like bickering kids (especially in G1. But even in stuff like the '07 movie and TFP). They function like kid surrogate characters, because that's how kids play with toys. So of course their younger versions are going to be even less mature.

Uh...congratulations on finally figuring out Transformers' brand strategy?

Also, did this guy even watch the '86 movie? It's incredibly goofy and joke-filled. It's fine to critique the jokes in the TF: One trailer, but it's weird to pull a "not my Transformers" when "my Transformers" had a dance scene set to a Weird Al song. Can't believe this kind of trash passes as journalism.

• Like Like x 14
  4. Heriatan

Heriatan Well-Known Member

It will be really fun when some of the people who complained about Rid, Cyberverse and Earthspark being "too childish" see a movie aimed at children and not adults like them on the big screen.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The second one sounds like they want the 1986 movie. Which sorry to burst their bubble will never happen.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

There was a comment that said the artstyle was a mix between G1, Highmoon WFC, and Animated.

• Like Like x 8
  7. PrimeBot

PrimeBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ngl everytime someone from the press compares this to Mutant Mayham I get a little worried. Personally I found Mutant Mayham the most forgetable thing to ever be put out for TMNT.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly thats fantastic. Pretty pumped for that aesthetic.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Grid Glider

Grid Glider Neon lover

Some of these descriptions are giving me Tron Uprising vibes:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

I have to say I'm intrigued as more information is released about this film. I'm not as skeptical as I once was, but again, this is a Paramount Transformers product that is tied to Lorenzo and other strange figures from the past. I remain cautious.

Also, Steve Buscemi voicing Starscream? Cool.

• Like Like x 3
  11. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Studio Series is great again!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This might actually become a reality at the 2025 Oscars. Or at least another award relating to animation.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Zemah

Zemah ’Til all are one

News Credits:
    I don't think your explanation of how their names work is bad, but what can I say, I'm not a fan of the Star Wars droid naming scheme for Transformers characters. Ain't got anything to do with suspension of disbelief or it being confusing. B-127 and D-16 just sounds stupid and weird when applied to Transformers, especially when the vast majority of other characters don't have these types of names (or at least we never hear about them). Doesn't really help that they never explained it in the BBM, and honestly, we all know they ain't going to explain it in ONE either.

I think part of the issue for me is the amount of numbers in the name. B-127 and D-16 sounds so off, but something like B-1 or D-6 sounds... better and more appropriate for a Transformer? Probably just me.

But I guess I'll see how it actually feels in the movie.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So do we have a description of the characters and their appearance?

• Like Like x 2
  14. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nitpicking is fine and all but sheesh. Feel like we tend to miss the bigger picture here. Is the movie actually a well written great story.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Homo Demen

News Credits:
    I'm intrigued again! A stand alone film not connected to the live action movies (thank GOD) with a simple enough premise..

I'm still gonna keep my expectations at a realistic level, but despite my well-founded skepticism I'm absolutely still willing to give this movie a shot. It COULD end up being the best TF movie period, it's unlikely but it could happen.

You raise a good point: I think for this sort of thing to work they ALL need to follow that naming pattern or else it just comes off as strange how SOME have it while others do not. You'd think since Orion and Megs are working class they'd BOTH Have names like that... but only Megatron seems to.

But @TheSoundwave's explanation is also satisfactory in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  16. JasonTFW2005

JasonTFW2005 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that kids today care about Transformers at all or would even be interested in buying the toys.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

Transformers One Does Not Look Like What You're Expecting

Gizmodo just ran an article about it and it sounds like the animation style is "generic 3D kids movie".

• Like Like x 1
  19. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

I have come from the future and I’ve seen the movie :

It will be super divisive, some will love it, some will hate it and people will call each others names and will argue about it for years on TFW2005. You’re welcome.

• Like Like x 14