Heavy/Scratch: Commission: Galvatron custom parts [WIP]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, Sep 17, 2011.

1. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and share some WIP on a commission I'm working on for my bud, Jason (wheeljack2010). He loved my custom Galvatron (which is still a WIP), and wanted me to build the chest piece, the hip/side packs, and the shoulder pods/parts. So far, I have the chest almost completed. Still looking to add just a bit more detail to the belt area. I decided to add in the belt area for the hell of it, because it just makes it that much better.

This involved a lot of styrene layering, careful cutting, measuring (to a degree), and lots of patience, test fitting, and gluing. lol

As you'll see in the pics, I built this to fit onto the Cybertron Evac mold. The Evac mold DOES need to be cut in a couple of areas to have this fit pretty much like a glove. First up, the top of the angled chest area needs to be cut/sanded flat as shown. Then the lower part of the chest/ab section needs to be cut straight across at the point shown. This allows the chest piece to fit over the existing chest and still keep all the raised and sunk in details in this.

If I may say so, I think this piece even trumps the one I've got going on with my custom Galvatron now! It's just more layered and detailed, though I'm still happy with what I did with the other. More to come! New updates on this will appear as links at the very top of this post, as they are with most of my WIP threads. The new updates and images will be posted as I get them done, later in the thread.

Attached Files:

2. nemesis_primusX

nemesis_primusX the autobot quick-killer

That is KEWL!!!, can't wait to see the final product

3. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

VERY nice start Brian! Looks great man, and thanks so much for taking this on for me bro'! Can't wait to put em all together and paint em up!

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Nicely done, you got some Hellas styrene skillz

5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. This is to make a G1 update to Galv, not for Shattered Glass tho right?

Oh, and I'm sure once there's further progress you'll have folks asking about casts for this....

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You may be waiting a while on that one--I'm just building certain parts and then shipping them out to Jason, who will actually build it all. But, I'm also looking forward to the final product! lol

Anytime, bro! Glad you're happy with the work so far! I'm hoping to get more done soon and share it up, so keep an eye out!

Thanks, man! Your styrene skills are pretty epic also, my friend!

Yes, this is to update the Cybertron Evac mold to a G1-styled Galvatron. Here's a link to my current WIP on my own Galvatron custom. My bud Jason saw the work and wanted to commission me for some of the parts involved so he could create his own.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/radicons-customs/27250976d1314351417-galvatron-ii-update-8-26-11-100_6020.jpg

Not sure if I'll be doing any casts of this, but I'd be up for scratchbuilding for anyone else who may be interested. Just hit me up via email: [email protected] (we can discuss it there, since my PM's stay full here--lol).

7. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

as always my friend, your styrene skills amaze me!!! top work mate
    all the best
    colin

8. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Nice job Punk. They do look better than the originals, and that's not easy. I have to say, I admire your patience working with styrene on that scale and detail level. It's insane. I'd probably give up within fifteen minutes.

By the way, going to do a head as well?