Heavy/Scratch: Commission: G1 Rodimus Head for TFA Rodimus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, May 8, 2011.

1. tannim31

tannim31 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Brian, sent the ball joint again and it came back again. How about this. leave the ball joint on the head stock and I will mod my TFA Roddy's ball joint to fit the head. I have a few ideas on that. If that sounds good to you hit me up on a PM or here. You are a true Styrene God there my friend :)  Looks perfect :) 

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sounds good, man! Sorry it kept coming back--not sure why that happened. I still need to sand some minor areas and touch up a few areas. It's nearly complete though. I'll hit you with a PM soon to hash out the final details on this. Hope things are good with you, bro!

And thanks for the kind words, man--I wouldn't call myself a Styrene God, but I will say that I've enjoyed learning how to basically bend it to my will and do crazy stuff with it like this. It does still amaze me out how well my heads turn out, considering I'm working on a small scale with styrene. I'm not much of a sculpter (I'm ok, just not on a level like say Sculpt-bot when it comes to sculpting), but I'm pretty confident I can build most anything with styrene and fill in the blanks with sculpting putty. lol

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Uh-oh, I'm wondering if the heads I sent him will be returned? Complications with the address?

I admire your work and I'd definitely call you one of the elite bashers out there. Even though I'm not a stickler for it, I love that you aim for G1 accuracy in your work.

4. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    LOL - I just noticed my spelling mistake..........."I would call myself a Styrene God". That should read wouldn't.

Everyone that knows me, KNOWS I don't think that way about my work. I believe I do good work, but I definitely would not call myself a Styrene God. My mistake on that! LOL

And thanks for the kind words, guys! I like eras of Transformers, but G1 is what I grew up on and it's what I've always liked in terms of design and overall "cool". I just stick to what I like and try to do things better than what we're given. I'm happy with most of the TF toys we get, but I always see areas to improve on them and if I can make them even more G1 in some way, you can bet I'll be doing it. In fact, I'm working on a commission for another G1-styled Jazz spoiler and a set of G1-styled Wheeljack wings (as add-ons in bot mode) that will peg onto him. I just like the G1 look and feel and go for it. :) 

As for the heads, they should arrive--I've never had an issue with receiving anything that's been shipped here to my apartment. I did have an issue once back in January with mailing something out from here though. Sent my mom a birthday card back in Florida and it sat somewhere between here and there, then came back a month later claiming insufficient postage (thought I had added 3 stamps to it just to make sure it went through). Pain in the ass. Could just be a postal error or something, maybe since the part was so small. Not sure though.

5. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i think this would make a good "hot rod" to go with the MP Rodimus IMO

6. tannim31

Ebay:
    Brian, since we had the Charlie foxtrott with the US mail service how about this. The ball joint is identical on the DOTM mechtech bumblebee and the TFA rodimus. If you don't have this figure, I can send you the funds for it along with the final commission payment if that is amicable? I figure its worth the extra considering the exceptional quality of your work :) 

7. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sounds good to me, man! I still need to touch up a few areas, but for the most part, it's nearly done. I'll hit you with a PM and a quick question about the head hopefully sometime tonight.

I don't have the DOTM Mechtech Bumblebee, so I'm down if you want to send the funds to cover me getting one. Then I can test fit the head and do that mod for you. Thanks again, my friend!

8. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

I'll throw another vote for you to make a mold and make casts of this, I'm sure lots of people would buy this since the TFA Rodimus has much better articulation than the classics Rodimus.

9. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Got the hole drilled, so I snapped some shots of it attached to a DOTM Mechtech Bumblebee (deluxe).

(And Scott, Imay not be able to ship this out until early next week, but it's DONE!)

Attached Files:

10. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Holy cow, that looks brilliant! Even on DOTM BB's body :bay 

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Please cast this and find some way to sell it. I'd be tempted if the price is right.

12. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

Wow, seriously. Pls cast this...great work, love it love it!

13. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    in for a cast of this (hell i will make the mold of it if you want) i want to see this on the protector armor. it just look sSSSOOOOOO awesome.

you have been cranking out some fantastic stuff as of late

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Definitely count me in. This is why I recruited you for the Cy-Kill head.

15. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    Killer finale B...perfect mold for this head.

16. kara82

kara82 Leading Femmebot Fatale

I second, third, and fourth the motion of this head being casted and sold. I... Must...Have...

17. tannim31

Ebay:
    I can't wait to get this on my TFA Rodimus (And will so be getting a cast for another project of mine :)  ) Brian my friend, your skills blow me away. I will be sending many more commissions you way! In fact, I might have another one for you when ever you have time! This project you've done for me is well worth double the fee My friend :) 

18. tannim31

Ebay:
    And a little off topic here...Good to see another Texan on the boards Kara82 :) 

19. kara82

kara82 Leading Femmebot Fatale

Howdy, tannim31! :p 

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    So I take it there is no way you can produce more of these other than by hand? :(