Comixology: collections vs. individual comics question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Jericho, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After paying way too much all these years for physical TPBs I dinally downloaded the app and picked up MTME #2 for $10. I cannot recall, and my app isn't working right now, is if MTME is four or five comics collected. Is there a set pattern to the collections, are they always four/five comics? I guess I'm just trying to decide if there's any benefit in waiting for the collection vs. buying each one as it comes out.

If it's four comics per collection then from what I can tell there's no cost savings to waiting for that.

2. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Vol. 1 - $7.99
    That contains issues DOOP.1,2,3 those issues are all $1.99 each which comes to $7.96
    This makes the single issues 3c cheaper but you miss out on the bonus material.

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Vol. 2 - $9.99
    That contains 4,5,6,7,8 those are again $1.99 each which comes to $9.95
    Again this is 4c cheaper but missed the bonus material.

HOWEVER MTMTE issues start out at $3.99 and only drop to $1.99 a couple of months later. So its cheaper to wait and buy the singles OR the trades, it makes no difference.

Buying them as they come out will cost you more, as the issues release at $3.99, plus once you start reading you CANNOT WAIT.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ Pretty much dead-on. Except...

One month later.

But, yes, there's basically no difference in price between getting the collections and getting the individual issues once they drop to $1.99. It's just a question of whether you want to be several months behind the story or just one.

4. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, guys. I'm caught up on MTME and just started RID so I have no problem waiting for the price drop. Now that I actually have access to comics on the regular I'd like to not have to wait for the collections.