Comic book binding

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gaastra, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So anyone try this yet?

Comic Binding Weekly Comic Book Review.com

You take your backup issues and send them off and they put it into a hardcover book.

It costs $30 for them to put in 30-60 comics.

I would love to try this with my dreamwave comics but wonder if i should.

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a pretty neat idea... I've got some value-less sets I wouldn't mind making into a book... I'd certainly never do something like this to my Iron Man collection, but there's plenty of neat things you could do this for.

3. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My brother just got 4 hardcovers back from Library Binding for the owner of the local comic shop. He had 25 issues in each book, the first run of Ghost Rider and the first 25 issues of the McFarlane Spider-Man series. Each book looked wonderful, huge too! I believe his cost (outside of shipping to and from) was $19 a book. All in all he spent just over $100 total.

I was very pleased with the final outcome. Now that I've seen them first hand I am definitely looking into collecting my entire run of New Warriors vol. 1 and perhaps some more.

4. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I love the idea of binding. It sounds great. I've been hearing rumblings about this and I want to find out more. I love trades because they are so easy to store on the shelf and pull down to read anytime you want but there are some things I know will never be collected in trades. I've been debating getting the trades of the TF stuff but why buy copies of issues I already have in monthy single format (I'm too impatient to wait for trades too). Binding sound like the perfect solution. I'd be nervous to start with my TF collection though and would want to start with something "less valuable" or at least "more expendable." I definately want to find out more though now. Besides, my comic book collection in general is getting to the point where it's either bind or find more space to put another couple longboxes.