Combiners in RiD (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Mr JackatooTM, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    So now Combiners are coming to Robots in Disguise in 2017 in Season 3. To me, this doesn't seem to really fit because I can't really imagine Strongarm combining with Optimus and they never introduced this in Prime, so it might be possible the ability to combine existed during Prime but they're just introducing combiners into the series now so to me, it just doesn't match up..
    Idk, what you think?

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Why does there have to be presedence?
    It seems like a neat feature for the toys if done right, but i dont really care how they do it in the fiction.
    Strongarm and OP might seem strange because he's bigger than her but thats about the only strange thing about it. If anything it seems the most interesting combinatiin of all to me characterwise

3. Mr JackatooTM

News Credits:
    It's an.. interesting idea. But it's kinda strange to me how they're just putting in the ability to combine now. I wonder how they would obtain that ability.

4. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

NYCC 2016: Transform And Roll Out With The ‘Transformers’ Design Team

In this interview the designers said they wanted Aerialbots in RID but wanted them to be new characters instead of the ones from G1 (I promise you at least one person will be mad at this.) and that "Stormshadow" (pretty sure they were referring to Stormshot) is one of the New Aerialbots. Based on the color schemes I'm pretty sure Stormhammer and Skysledge are also Aerialbots. What if we get other teams like Constructicons or Combaticons or any of the others except with new names.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

I asume there will be something happening in season 3 that causes an Up-Grade. Maybe they introduce the Enigma of Combination.

Interesting interview

It´s probably just me but the second sentece puzzels me. I gess he is talking about Phase-sixers but it sounds to me like he calls Decepticons toy features.

"Mix and match" I hope its not to easy in show. It would be nice if they had to get in sync (that is a term right) first or something like that. Or fail sometimes because of conflicts.

Potential new charakter. If he doesn´t show up on earth he might show up later with team Optimus or work for the council.

I´m not sure who that is but is he implying they are still writing on that Combiner Wars show?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd be cool with that honestly.

Kind of like how PCC were technically new members of the classic combiner sub-groups/factions.

7. Mr JackatooTM

News Credits:
    So they are introducing Combiners AND Arielbots? This will be an interesting season.

8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

The Strongarm/Optimus and Bumblebee/Sideswipe team-ups baffle me, as I feel Bumblebee/Optimus and Strongarm/Sideswipe would be better team ups, because I feel they have pre-existing dynamics that would lend themselves better to establishing the need to work together as one. Maybe it'll be like Energon (at least, the toyline), and any combination of Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Strongarm, and Sideswipe can combine. I dunno. I do like the idea behind it, at least, just so long as they establish the need to learn how to come together and work as one.

The promo information did make mention of a Combiner made of 5 Decepticons, so I'm hoping for the Combaticons, the Constructicons (I guess minus one of the original lineup), or maybe Thunder Mayhem.

9. Mr JackatooTM

News Credits:

Yeah that's what i was thinking. The Prime-Strong combination just doesn't fit to me imo.

10. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I want stunticons, but it is likely combaticons. Hasbro likes to line up movie/show casts as much as possible and Onslaught in 5 lends itself to that.

11. Mr JackatooTM

News Credits:
    That would be interesting to see Stunticons and Combaticons.

12. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I hope the Decepticon combiner is a new team entirely, made up of wacky rid style Decepti-furries. and I really hope the combiner cons get proper warrior class toys.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Or at least barely known. Maybe God Neptune? The Seacons would fit the animal theme.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The press release for the Season specifically mentioned the bots have to learn how to combine. So no, they couldn't combine before it seems.

15. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I doubt it's the Stunticons. Breakdown's been dead in-universe since Season 2 of Prime.

16. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    I was thinking they'd make an entirely new combiner for RiD, but honestly I'd love to see the combaticons. I love them. It'd be nice to see them on the Aligned continuity again

17. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Eh, Most Likely Breakdown will be replaced with Offroad. The Stunticons will still not happen, but Menasor will still have 4 of his/her/its limbs. And they don't need to be COMPLETE sticklers to G1 "tradition" anyways.

18. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is this just Super Linking, or gestalts? It seems that, for now, combiners will just be Super Linking, as shown at NYCC. So then, why is everyone getting their hopes up for a gestalt Bruticus?

19. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Because the Season 3 description claimed we would see a 5 member Deception combiner team.

20. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, Basically "Combiner force" wil be about all sorts of combining.
    I wonder if this 5-member Decepticon combiner will have a toy. And if so, will that toy feature the CW Scramble city combiner system?
    Cuz' that would be a cheeky, if not welcome surprise to the toy line. Too bad The couldn't simply make a "Voyager" equivalent in this line.
    I mean, making Warrior/Deluxe sized limbs can still be possible. Maybe the 5-member combiner torso would be some big toy or something.

And if so, by the looks of Blurr getting a toy in the combiner force line, i hope the rescue bots show up and... i don't know, Form a combiner of their own?