Combiner Wars Wave 1 Deluxes Found in the USA

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheetimus Prime, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or you know people just have different tastes. I have seen and played with most of the 3p combiners, they arent for me. In the specific case of 3p superion I actually do like some of the limb bots and wont argue they are better in many respects than hasbros, but at no point felt the need to own them. 3p silverbolt on the other hand even as a generic transforming robot I don't like it, as a $100 something effort at silverbolt I pretty much see as an abomination. It is ugly and I had no fun with it. But thats just my opinion. I know many will say the same about CW Silverbolt.

The 3p superion is okay but just not to my taste aesthetically.

End of the day I looked at the 3p guys and while I really like fireflight and some of the others, I didnt feel I'd enjoy owning them. Hasbros effort instantly looked fun so I bought it and do enjoy it. Cost and affordability had nothing to do with it.

2. Bogatan

News Credits:
    Because hasbro are showing the interchangable nature of the toyline and it would look really odd having a one armed superion stood next to dragstrip.

Its not so much replacing the generations deluxe as it is the generations deluxe line. Theyre just focusing on the scramble city guys for a while.

3. Bogatan

News Credits:
    Silverbolt is about the same height as mp prowl. The limbs are a bit taller than mp bumblebee if that helps.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I admire that you always stick to your guns Hollywood, but Transformer World considers 3rd Party figures to be a close enough relative to the real deals to have a whole major section dedicated to them, and Hasbro has acknowledged their existence (maybe not in a good way) by tracking them in folders, and that is good enough for me. I may cut myself and yell out "I need a band-aid", and sure as hell am not going to be upset if someone comes back with some other brand of adhesive bandage. I'll take what I am given, Hasbro or other. I think Hasbro stepped up to the plate with Combiner Wars, but failing to recognize (or justifying) their missteps time after time only leads to subpar product. Think 3Ps haven't gotten them to up their game a bit?

On the topic, haven't seen them in stores, but got my shipment today, and they are pretty fantastic. I appreciate more articulation then what we got, but it can be forgiven (except maybe wrist swivels) because of the gimmick. For me, this is the first deluxe line that is actually worth the buck since Prime 1st Ed and RTS era deluxes........Still gonna need a 3P to de-turd the combined modes. ;) 

And you know I love ya Hollywood Hoist.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm glad I was able to pick up a Bumblebee yesterday

6. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is Transformers is the trademark and that's what I'm talking about. If they are indeed those characters than it's IP theft and I object to them on that front. There are plenty of other transforming toys and that's cool. I'm a fan of the Trademarked characters that Hasbro owns, not similar robots made to look like Hasbro characters. All I know is almost none of the 3rd party companies put Transformers on their packaging or refer to those characters by the Hasbro given names.

The argument that Marvel created the characters and the toys were other companies, I get that, but it all belongs to Hasbro/Takara. Elvis Presley didn't write many of his songs but they are all still Elvis songs, because the songwriters and Elvis entered into a legal and official agreement. Just like Hasbro did with Marvel, Takara and all the toy companies. 3rd party has not entered into any agreement with Hasbro.

Back on topic, I'm excited to have these a part of my collection. Hasbro is giving the fans what they've been asking for and I'm pleased with the results.

7. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    Lots of the Transformers community accept 3rd party as Transformers not everyone. There is a reason there is a separate forum for 3rd party and it's not part of the official Transformers discussion.

I'm sure Hasbro is keeping tabs on all their competition, that's what a good business does. How much 3rd party figures affected Hasbro's designs, I can't say.

Though I would say there is probably less people who are passionate about the Band-aid brand then the Transformers brand. I am however looking forward to the eventual Band-aid the movie.

8. mfontmt

mfontmt Member

@Bogatan
    It kinda does. Thanks.

9. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

what's bee got to do, got to do with it?

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Bumblebee? Combiner Wars? Wut?

11. TFcustoms91

TFcustoms91 Well-Known Member

FYI i have seen the 3rd Party Combiners they look okay are they better than Hasbro not to me i like Hasbro Combiners more.

I have no intention on buying an Action Figure that cost more than a Playstation 4 Gaming Console

12. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    I want an all Bumblebee combiner. :)  That may fall into a post for the unpopular opinion thread.

13. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Bumblebees! Form Bumbletron!

Also, I'm in Brooklyn and hate all of you in the US getting these figures for under the $19.99 price my local stores have Deluxes priced at… :cry  I shudder at how much Silverbolt will cost me… (guessing $35.99, based on what I see Doubledealer and Whirl going for)

Also can we shelve the 3rd Party vs. Official argument, and focus on… that traitor Drag Strip joining the Aerialbots :p 

14. MisterValiant

MisterValiant Well-Known Member

Central Texas reporting in. Found all four limb deluxes at Target. No sign of the voyagers or legions yet.

15. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I moved from the suburbs of Virginia to downtown Seattle and I definitely understand your point. Even *if* you find a deluxe you want at Target here, its $18. So I said "F- it" and ordered cases online. I'll sell the extras at cost to locals (or on eBay if I have to) and end up paying normal retail. No way am I hunting locally anymore.

16. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That's too bad, man. You were one of the most dilligent posters for sightings.

BTW, the deluxe limbs are showing up all over NoVA :D 

17. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, yest I was. Thanks to having 5 targets, 3 walmarts, and two TRUs between home and work. I'm not working here yet, but I expect to bike/bus to work.

That said, I bought cases from EE that will be arriving today and Friday, so I'll still be enjoying my Superion with a race car leg soon enough.

18. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Have these been sighted at Wal-Mart or K-Mart yet or just Targets right now?

19. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Mine will be on the way from BBTS as soon as they ship them.

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

That's odd. For some reason I thought this was talking about toys from the new RiD cartoon