Combiner Wars Voyager Motormaster

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Karhukjnsi, Feb 3, 2015.

1. JL4

JL4 Active Member

I just got Motormaster yesterday and the ratcheting joints within his crotch is quite loose, but I cant seem to take the crotch apart. Is it possible to take that part apart?

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad to report that mine seems ok! I'm very happy to pick him up but I haven't combined him with the rest of his teammates yet.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Mine seemed okay too, until I combined him. It was the weight of the other two figures added to his legs that made them start flopping.

4. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The same happened with my Ultra Prime. The ratchets aren't strong enough, and adding the weight from the combiner legs made things worse.

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    What about posing him with the legs straight, like in some of the recent fully combined Menasor pics?

6. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looking forward to getting this guy! I LOVED Prime so this was a no brainer.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yikes! I left mine at my folks' place but what do you mean?

1. After combining, Motormaster's hips came loose even - individually; or
    2. Menasor's legs are floppy?

If its 1. , does it mean I have to buy an Optimus and do the spring swap? :( 

Thanks for the post!

8. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Alright, so, I was going to pass on Blackjack originally, then I saw that he made up Menasor's chest plate, so I decided I would get him.

Now it seems that most people are saying that Blackjack doesn't peg well as the chest plate... has this been most people's experience, or is it just a defect that some of them have.

How does Menasor look without Blackjack as the chest plate?

9. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

he is very loose. looks fine without him.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not even going to bother using Blackjack...I'll just wait for a third party to make a better chest piece.

11. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    The hips don't get any looser, per say. The tightness is the same. The difference is that after you attach a whole nother toy to his foot, the weight exceeds the what the hips can bear.

Think of it like a guy who can only bench press 100 lbs. You can put 100 lbs on the bar, and he'll be able to hold it up just fine. Now imagine coming along and putting another 200 lbs on there. He didn't get any weaker, but he's still not strong enough to hold 300 lbs so his arms will collapse and he'll get strangled by the bar.

As just Motormaster, the legs, while not as tight as Prime, are tight enough to hold any pose I put him in. When I try to make Menasor though, his hips can't hold the extra weight and I can barely get him to stand up.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply and I get the picture now. It is quite disappointing to read about it because for me the one of the basic things a toy must be able to do is...stand on its own.

So does anyone know a solution to fix this? :( 

Looks like I have to buy CW Optimus to swap springs...

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Got mine from BBTS. Absolutely nothing wrong with mine. Joints are beautiful.

Quality aside, I'm pretty fond of this guy. I watched peaugh's review of Optimus, and even the the wife, who appreciates my hobby, but isn't into it, said that that she did NOT like that Optimus. However, I REALLY like this Motormaster. I'm glad they made him a cab and not a trailer and a cab-for-feet. I like that they kept the box head. I like the sword and gun. I like the COMBINED SWORD ZOMG!!!! The retooling is great, and the brutish look suits Motormaster. Menasor needs some work... But I'm a fan of this guy.

14. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Got Motormaster last night and I couldn't be more impressed. Everything about him is an improvement over Optimus. Joints are tighter, weapons are cooler, Menasor head is nice and tight whereas Ultra Prime's was super loose...MM is just awesome all around. I really like Superion, but I feel I'm going to like Menasor even more. Also, there's a huge nostalgia high as the Stunticons were the only team I completed as a kid. So getting MM was pretty awesome. Now where are the rest of his crew??

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Okay, so I'm liking him better today. I got my screwdriver out and tightened up the screws in his arms and knees, and they got tighter. When I did that to the hips, only one got tight enough. So I did the spring swap with Optimus. Now my Optimus is gonna have issues should they ever release a trailer to add to his super mode to make him Ginrai. Otherwise, he's good in both modes. Now Menasor can stand up.

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting specific details on what you did. I will try it out next week and I'm really hoping that I don't have to pick up a CW Optimus to fix MM.

17. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Might be cheaper to take him apart, and take the little gear and spring into Lowe's or Home Depot. Use it to find either a tiny rubber or plastic washer that will fit in there. I'm sure doing something like that to compress the spring more will tighten it up. The truck may be in finding one thin enough not to tighten it too much. Should save a ton of money though. A couple of rubber washers would be only a few pennies. That's what I would have done had I not had an Optimus to swap with. Should a 3rd party trailer for him appear that will require the use of those hips in a super mode, I'll make the trip to Lowe's for the parts.

18. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Does anyone have any comparison shots with AoE Voyager Galvatron? Thanks.

19. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Those photos don't exist because there is no comparison. Galvatron sucks, Motormaster rules.

20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    When someone asks for a photo comparison, it's generally for height/size. In regards to "who sucks and who doesn't", height nor size has any relevance on that.

Lastly, when you can answer and not have a response that even my 8 year old son would find to be immature, please let me know.