Combiner Wars Victorion

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by jaws, Apr 27, 2016.

1. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best match is a moss green; really odd shade

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    only certain Target's have her.

None in Arizona have her in yet, Even though she is listed in all Target's systems as being "sold out" even though she hasn't arrived in the state.

She's listed as an End Cap item.

3. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do those feet fold up?

4. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Front of foot range of motion

Attached Files:

5. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Hmmm If only the feet folded up somehow to be more compact for when the bots are in vehicle mode. Would be neat if they folded up to become Ammo Boxes or Rocket Launchers or something to that effect.

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Hopefully my payment clears tomorrow, I can't take anymore waiting.

7. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Ladies night!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

So I haven't seen it here, but Victorions hands store on bottom of the feet (you'll notice a slot on the bottom of the hands on the 5mm port, that slots into a place towards the front of the foot, with the palm towards the foot an the fingers towards the toe)

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i kinda wish they had used offroad and rook instead of the cars... that way the whole team except for pyra magna is unique from all the G1 guys

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review! The team looks a lot better in the final product, especially in Victorion mode. Though I'm gonna hold off on buying it since I'm still not a big fan of the color scheme. :O

11. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As requested by Pikachu_King

"So I haven't seen it here, but Victorions hands store on bottom of the feet (you'll notice a slot on the bottom of the hands on the 5mm port, that slots into a place towards the front of the foot, with the palm towards the foot an the fingers towards the toe)"

Attached Files:

12. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Thank you, I wouldn't be able to get pictures for up at least another 5-6 hours. I found this out messing with her last night and have to say I appreciate the option, since it lets you only have 2 pieces setting aside when not combined instead of 4.

13. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Got this set for my daughter's 4th birthday and we opened it up last night. She loves it and just loves the colors, keeps saying Victorion is so pretty. Although she's still too young to transform these or put the combiner together on her own, she loves female transformers and was really excited about this set. Dust Up is her favorite I think because the head sculpt is the most feminine out of them all, but she wanted to combine them first just like we did with some of mine last week (I got out a bunch of CW stuff out and started showing her how it all works together).

After we combined Victorion she wanted to get my white Battle Core Optimus Prime (also combined) so they could hang out. :) 

In hand I have to say the colors are pretty nice, the early previews and photos don't really capture it. The combiner itself has such a cohesive feel. But the all-female team in pretty colors really did win over my little girl.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine today and just opened it up. Overall I am really surprised how much I like this set. There are a lot of little touches that really elevate this over the normal Combiner Wars releases. I found reading through this thread to be immensely helpful for the little pointers about the hand storage and the chopper twins being able to store their swords on their hips. All in all its pretty great to see that even with the more custom hands and feet as opposed to the HFG's, all the parts can be stored away pretty neatly on Pyra Magna's back and thanks to the inclusion of the Onslaught mold heel spurs she still stands just fine. Lots more remolding that I was aware of going in so that's also a really big plus. Just like every CW release the head sculpts are really very nice and lend a lot of character.

On the negative side, I do feel like the Victorion head is weirdly tall...... the proportions of it just don't look quite right to my eye. The other major bummer is that my Pyra Magna has the leg assembly error that others mentioned. The red struts are backwards which keeps the knee from collapsing up and locking into place the way it should for her robot mode but thankfully everything is still stiff enough that she doesn't have trouble standing, even with the added weight of the feet and hands attached to her back. Sadly the struts are assembled with pins in stead of screws so I don't know if its within my abilities to correct the issue but time will tell whether I get brave enough to try it.

15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this set today. In one word: awesome.

I like the new deco with lighter green better than the old one: now the green and red aren't competing as much, making it blend much nicer. Still wish all the individual bots had *slightly* different shades, but oh well.

New hand/feet are great. Make her taller (instantly looks less squat than Defensor) and give off a different vibe than the other bots (even though I like the 'old' HFGs). Already contemplating if it's worth getting the Hasbro Computron ones for the Takara one I'll buy.

Surprised that the figures have some more remolding than I thought. Not just heads and chests, but arms/hands as well for the carbots and Pyra Magna (of course the remolding on the choppers was obvious already).
    Opinions may vary, but to me, yes, these are fembots, in the same way RiD Strongarm is bulkier yet feminine. Again, you might disagree here, but they look fine to me. Headsculpts are very nice.

All the molds are really sturdy. Too sturdy maybe? I'm having a hard time getting the combiner part out of the Dead End one's chest, it's that stuck. :lol 
    My Pyra Magna has the same problems with the inversed tabs inside her legs, but since it's so sturdy, I don't think I'll bother fixing that.
    Oh, and yes, the Breakdown mold is SUPER sturdy. No problems with thr crotch, which was the original's downfall. In fact, it's even sturdier on mine then it was on my Sunstreaker.
    No problems with Victorion's right leg not tabbing in right (a big problem my Defensor had, and still has after trying to fix it with a blowdrier).

Sword is great, and breaks up into meaningful weapons for the individuals. Paint job is slick - the car molds are missing any hood decals unfortunately, but there's no denying the deco quality is premium-worthy.

Really, my only actual negative is that art consistenly shows the bike-windshield chest with the logo up, but that's not solid at all, and all the plugs and tabs show it's supposed to go upside down (with the Autobrand upside down). Bummer..or am I missing a great trick here?

Well recommended. I'm eager to see if Takara has any plans with this, and turns it into something completely different like they did with Computron and Grand Galvatron. I know some people don't dig the deco, but in my opinion this combiner deserves to be picked up -despite your possible Combiner Wars fatigue.

:thumb 

16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Opened mine this morning and for the most part, I'm pretty happy. I was definitely not a fan of the green at first, but upon looking at it in person, it works really well with all the red/orange.

I'll start with combined mode first. I am really loving the overall look. The unified scheme is definitely a plus. The head does look a little tall, but not too bad. I used the choppers for the arms so the hands do not look so tiny overall and I am very surprised she can hold the big sword pretty good. The sword is also a fantastic addition. I love the detail and the white blue blades and details really make it pop instead just one overall flat piece of gray.

Individually, I love them but they do have some quality control issues that are not present when combined. I also have the issue with Pyra Magna's knees as others have said. But the biggest problem I have is with Dust Up. The forearm must not have been lined up right when the pin hole was drilled out and is slightly off. As a result, the right arm cannot bend all the way at the elbow and the car panels do not line up right in car mode. Also with Dust Up, there is some green peeking through the orange areas around the seams and joints.

17. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I'm so Jelly people are able to find her and yet still my state has yet to get a single one in our Targets here. even places like bbts don't have ger up yet. :(  starting to lose hope.

18. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    Don't lose hope. I picked mine up for a comparable price of retail from eBay. No, sightings anywhere near me. Seems like it's really hasn't hit in mass yet.

19. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really surprised that BBTS hasn't had her up yet. I usually go through them but wound up ordering it on Amazon.

20. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

So I got Vicky, and I like her! That said I had some issues. Pyra Magna is really spotty, with green paint chips on multiple areas, and this gem:
    [​IMG]

Two holes, one should be a peg, so this arm flops out of torso mode frequently. Probably have to thicken the existing tab there so it holds fast.

Also, I tried to lock her legs in like Hot Spot at first, resulting in this lovely stress mark:

[​IMG]

Found out her knees have some odd little triangle in the mechanism due to either being backwards, or just because. Cutting it off like so allowed me to get her locked in:

[​IMG]

Her combined mode had some odd proportions, and of course used the train-wreck torso that is hot spot and his lovely hips that are never in the right spot for any decent posing. So I used the mis-transformation I saw awhile ago on Defensor, which looks terrible on him but IMO great on Vicky:

[​IMG]

Mind you, because of the torso mold's awkward ratcheting, she kept trying to do the splits, which I fixed by slapping some adhesive no-slip rubber padding on her feet.

She took some work, but I'm happier with her now. I definitely like that Rust Dust sticks to her chest better than Groove did. Sword is awesome, and the limb bots in bot mode are really well done with great headsculpts all around. Her hands are comically small, just as the HFGs are comically large, they can't seem to find the good middle ground. She might get some PE hands in the future.

• Like Like x 1