Combiner Wars Ultra Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Snake_eyes1975, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Figured he deserved his own thread..especially when the cool, smart guys start doing the fan stuff to make it look way better than I can.

I have to say, CW Optimus Prime was not very high on my like list. I had bought one when it came out and gave it to a buddy. Finding the autobots, made sense to rebuy Optimus, as I really dislike the look of the battle core version.

This is a split perspective. From my view, and my 7 year old son's view.

If you ask me, these autobots, and the better wave coming after is going to make the stock in CW optimus prime go up. The G1 Prime colors with these autobot colors, just looks like a big G1 cartoon all mashed into one bot. I like this a HELL of alot more than I ever did Prime by himself.

I will not even put this in the suggested leg configuration. Thats Horrid. I really like the way I did Menasor's legs, and I will continue that with this Gestalt as well.

Its hard to type the feeling I get when I look at this guy. I get this feeling of GEEWUN combined into and Optimus headed monster. In a good way. I think it works well with Leader megatron, as in my world Megatron should be bigger than prime, and then Prime can combine to fight him...I dig that.

I did some different chest configs with different figures..some look really good. Putting Acid storm on his chest makes you instantly think TOXITRON. This set has alot of potential, and is all around fun. This really hits a subliminal chord in my brain going back to G1. It must be the colors.

Now..My son..when he seen I came home with combining autobots, he almost shat himself. I had told him they were coming out, but its not the same til he SEEN them. The autobots look GLORIOUS in the package, and for MOC collectors, these autobots will be prizes.
    Lil David was even more excited to see these than devestator, or ANY other CW gestalt. He thinks they are all awesome..but Optimus Maximus has captured him in a very special way.
    Is it because he is the kid of a Geewunner? Probably, as most kids his age have no idea what the hell a RED IRONHIDE is doing in transformers.
    Where some figures from CW he looks at critically with goods and bads, he says straight up, this is "The coolest set they have ever made". Back off...He is SEVEN. Mabye thats a great thing for Hasbro..mabye its a bad thing for collectors. Mabye the bright colors and nice alt modes will draw in kids to buy these as well. Hell..the more I think about it..could these be the best selling combiners yet? We will have to wait and see. The next wave seems better. My buddy gave me the other exhaust pipe from his mansor and they make freakin great stacks for Optimus Maximus..lol...I love it

So...I think its really good. Is it the best CW has to offer? Meeehhh...I dunno. Im still in love with Menasor and Defensor. Part of me thinks I will like this more as time goes on. From my sons perspective, this is the most baddass release yet.

Watching my son with these, and his blatant excitement for them really shows me that I have lost some of the kid imagination I used to have. I mean..Im still the biggest kid I know, but Lil David says "Are you KIDDING ME?!?!? G1 autobots..that COMBINE with a G1 Optimus?!?!? Dad..this is the coolest thing ever.."
    Theres some serious magic in that shit right there. He's right. It took me watching my boy assemble this and help pose it for pics, to appreciate what is REALLY going on here. Optimus Prime...combining with G1 autobots..

Thank lil buddy..your right all the way. this IS a kick ass set.

Hot rod does NOT stay on great. Its something with the optimus I think. Menasor works fine..Prime? not so much. If you touch it it flies off. That will be fixed with some future or heating the peg. no biggie.

ENJOY!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  2. crispyklown

crispyklown Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice pics man, I regret not running off with those when I had the chance, lol.

3. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you told me flat out you didnt want them and I witnessed you with my own eyes put them back on the pegs! Cant blame me!

4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    I can't wait for this wave!

5. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Revising my ratings if this wave.

The best is mirage
    2nd is sunstreaker
    3rd is hard to figure between ironhide and prowl. Prowl looks so damn good in bot mode, and ironhide looks nice in all modes, but just don't look ironhide enough.

6. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

who's exhaust pipes are those?

7. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Dead End and Break-Neck's.

8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    Dead End and Wiled Rider.

9. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still can't believe Michigan was 1st to get these.

I told my son (may be an exaggeration..) that we may be some of the 1st in the world to get these. He was asking why we were taking pics of new TFs. I told him the site, (TFW) that we look at, has all the cool new pics of things that we see, is full of ACTUAL FANS, people that take pics for us to see new stuff, that it would he nice to return the favor for other fans. He really got into posing some of these guys and had a sense of pride that he helped contribute to the TF community.

It IS neat we found these so early, but I'm mostly stoked to show other fans.

It's rainy here... And combiner wars has totally taken a huge shit in my living room, and both of my kids are playing.. But I shit you not.. The new autobots are the stars. Both my kids say they love the colors. Lil David mostly likes them because they are "G1". Us fans.. We know they aren't true G1...but to my boy... These are. And if you ask him they are the best CW has had to offer so far.

Hopefully hasbro puts out a ton of these. The flashy colors may bring in new kid fans.

Mabye that logic, with the bright flashy colors will make the G2 sets appealing to kids too.

10. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

ah cool, thanks. they looked different and longer in the pics, thought they were someone else's

11. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something about Rodimus as the chestplate for the red Prime looks off. If there's a chance, could you possibly show some more configurations without the chestplate? Thanks!

12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Top pictures, very grateful. Hope you didn't mind me reposting some of them in the news thread.

Got a set preordered here in the UK, can't wait for them. I love the idea of the original Autobot cars getting combining ability and hope we get the rest of the Diaclone Autobots: there's 10 left which divide into 2 sets of 4 with a Hotspot repaint/remould as Inferno/Grapple.

And, although he's been milked to death these last few years, I think Hasbro is missing a trick here by not having Bumblebee be part of a combiner.

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Its Ultra Prime, not Optimus Maximus; Maximus is the white one.

The set up looks fantastic though. Much better then with the White Prime. This is definitely how I'll display it when I get my hands on it when I choose to display them combined. I actually really like the first wave of '84 Bots, while I'm still lukewarm on the second wave.

Sadly I missed them on Amazon, so I might just wait out for the Unite Warrior version and see how it handles things. I am hoping for Star Convoy coloured BC Prime or an Energon coloured Vanilla Prime from Takara.

Thank you so much for all the reviews! They've been excellent.

14. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Dude! Your so right!

Optimus maximus is with the battle core version, right?

Mabye a mod can change the name of the thread, because when the battle core one hits, it will need it's real, own thread.

15. Antz

Antz Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    And the current mold already works as a chest plate. This is how I plan on using him when I get the new molds:

[​IMG]

16. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great with standard color OP versus white. Surprised to see hands/feet are painted weapons areas with unpainted fingers.

17. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me too. They are the best hands yet if you ask me. The Purple arent bad, but the black ones look like big black blobs, whereas these two tone hands look exceptionally good because the fingers and thumbs actually contrast and can be seen better.

Bee looks pretty tight on there, Im gunna try that.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That looks sweet. :)  I'm sort of surprised that hasn't been done before.

19. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I went with a Energon inspired limb arrangement.

[​IMG]

20. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Cool.

Do Ironhide's legs peg together better in arm mode than Offroad's do?