Combiner Wars Scattershot – Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Technostorm98

Technostorm98 Plastic Collector

Exactly what I was thinking.

2. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:
    I hope the lack of a combined pic means he's not final yet.
    Cause I like what I see so far

3. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

The official picture of robot mode has the chest part of the combiner torso unchanged from Superion's. That bodes ill.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Oi, I'm not usually in the "screw HASBLOW" camp, but this is putting me pretty close. Mostly because it's pretty lazy in combined mode. His robot mode looks decent, but lack of a new head AND it having the same paint scheme as Superion's is kind of ridiculous. The jet mode could have used some heavier retooling too. I mean... they can heavily retool Silverbolt into Cyclonus and we can get an ALL NEW Skylynx mold ...both of whom were never members of combiner teams to begin with... BUT they can't be bothered to either do a completely new mold for Scattorshot or at least give him the same level of retooling as Cyclonus? For shame Hasbro. I'd rather you just said 'no Computron' than half ass it this way. At least they've went ahead and said 'no beast teams'. Could you imagine how they'd totally screw them up at this point?

Now, that said, I can buy that Scattorshot's Computron head may not be ready. If I recall Cyclonus had the same problem with his Galvatronus head. But the lack of retooling in the chest area would still bug the crap out of me.

The lack of the rest of the Technobots is annoying too, but I'm almost willing to bet they show up later on.

So, I guess I'll take a wait and see approach to this guy until we see the finished product and see what Takara gives us. Otherwise... there's always Make Toys Quantron. -_-" Though I really didn't want to drop $500 on a combiner.

5. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu City Commander

Dear Hasbro,

Maybe revealing Scattershot this early was a horrible idea. While Scattershot himself looks pretty good (you know, for a retool), the previews of Computron himself...are lackluster. Hopefully, there is more work to be done on Scattershot...like giving him an accurate head. Or perhaps a retooled chest. Maybe both? Please let this be an early prototype or something. I doubt we will be able to purchase Scattershot prior to late 2016 (correct me if I am wrong) so PLEASE let this be just us crazy fans freaking out over spilled milk.

Sincerely,
    A concerned fan

By the way, these Scattershot previews seem to make everyone WANT a better Computron, which will turn them to third party selections. Last time I checked, you (Hasbro) started the Combiner Wars series to offer alternatives to the third party market (better alternatives? that is up for debate). Correct me if I am wrong but this achieves the exact opposite.

6. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    He looks ok. Probably will get him but I wish the front cannon under the cockpit could be hidden. As for combined mode, he could at least use a little retooling of the combiner head. Otherwise he looks like "Hate Plauge" Superion from RoOP

7. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Wow, i was never concerned with the reuse because most of the time we got retools and something to differentiate the characters of the real combiners...but now, i have nothing to say that can justify this plain ass repaint with a new head and new backpack. Nothing in torso mode screams Computron which had a totally unique torso mode. It barely whispers Scattershot.

Come on Hasbro, i seriously hope you have different plans for this guy.

8. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    wow. What a let down. Please don't let this be it.

9. Okspears

Okspears Master of Irrelevance

If only I could be so optimistic. This is exactly why we've lost faith in Hasbro. First few waves rock and then we get remolds for the rest of the line. Also how dare they shaft the most interesting friggin autobot combiner! Add one more to the hasblow fails list. Not that we're gonna get abominus anyway. :( 

10. goodapollo4

goodapollo4 GLORIOUS!!!

I think this is a letdown for all of us because of the precedents set by Combiner Wars thus far. Up until this point we had, for the most part, completed teams of recognizable combiners.

Of the original G1 combiners, the pattern was completed teams, not one off torsos or limbs. We also had well planned out retooling and mold re-use that made getting multiple versions of similar molds more appealing. So we assumed with the original leak of Scattershot that voyager = whole team, and that shared molds would be different enough and true to the original design.

Maybe we will be proven wrong, maybe there will be surprise re-tooling and listings for technobot limbs in the coming months...Or maybe we all go Takara on this one.

11. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Hm, the colors on the SDCC model are different than the promo image. I guess the SDCC one was just a hastily thrown together repaint?

12. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

Pretty disappointed by this Shattershot. G1 Shattershot was a unique combiner torso with a unique transformation of his own, a neat cannon mode and even a decent spring-action opening gimmick. This cheap redeco has none of it.

I love the technobots. I still have all my old ones. I assumed Computron was a shoe-in for me. But if all the Technobots are this disappointing, and I am kind of expecting that at this point, I may end up skipping, much as it would break my heart.

I already assumed Lightspeed from one of the cars (Breakdown), Nosecone from Rook, Strafe from an Aerialbot, but I was really hoping Shattershot would get a fresh go. I can't imagine us getting a fresh Afterburner mold, the best would probably be a Takara Groove retool, if he's not another weak Legends figure.

Over two years, we could very well be looking at some 30 deluxe figures released based off 9 or 10 original molds, and 10 Voyagers from 4 molds. I've long been a sympathizers with the need for retools, but this is too much. They think they can make a few base molds and shoe-horn every character into them; every jet is Fireflight, every car is Dead End or Breakdown. The Technobots just can't fit those molds for me.

13. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I still have full confidence we're going to see the rest of the Technobots sometime soon. I'm just hoping some of Scattershot is still in "beta" as well, particularly the Computron head.

14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I really hope you're right. But its also noticeable to me that Galvatronus was not displayed anywhere, they certainly didn't have a half-done combined form on display anywhere. As for there being no "Betatron" official pics, Optimus Maximus didn't get any either. And you know... This "Betatron" business over "Computron" is concerning.

I'm also not one for "screw you Hasbro". But... I can't really defend this one. After I was annoyed about how they handled Blast-Off, this is kind of kicking the dog.

15. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dig the Autobot car limbs for getting some more profit out of preexisting modes. I dig Galvatronus for making a novelty and making more out of a previously existing mold. Whatever pays for actual new stuff. This? I'm really starting to think it's gone from 60/40 new or heavily remolded releases/bare repaints or remolds to 75/25 bare repaints or remolds/new or heavily remolded releases. It's just poor. But then there were some signs. Pipes not even getting a new head, ignoring the fact that previous Legends at same price point used to have triple-changing weapons? Balls. I own the majority of Hasbro CHUG, and have been mostly happy with it. But this is going way too far. When the best perk of Scattershot is to take the sting away from your new Blastoff being terrible, you've lost the plot.

16. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Glad I was going for the Warbotron (not Computron) even with the heavy price tag. Having the Hasbro Blast-Off as a repaint of Slingshot and Fire Flight, did it for me. Getting the new Sky Linx and the Takara Bruticus if they get a real Blast-Off.

17. GoseiWonder

GoseiWonder Only here for the sales threads

Ebay:
    That's probably (read: hopefully) why they went with that name, in the CW storyline this is a beta combination before proper Computron.

And if Compy gets some burgundy added to the chest I'd call him golden.

18. goodapollo4

goodapollo4 GLORIOUS!!!

Can someone summon Noneff or Perfect Effect to this thread so they can make mental notes? I see a future of replacement Computron heads and chests.

19. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Superitron! :lolol 

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Why in the world would they? And I sincerely doubt it will remain unpainted.

Attached Files: