Combiner Wars Scattershot – Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Have you read everything in my posts? I'm not optimistic about this theory of Battle Core Scattershot plus a wave of Technobot limbs. I had been, but I don't think that's happening anymore.

I really only have a little bit of hope left for a boxed set, from Hasbro or Takara.

So no, I do not have blind optimism. However you've got blinders on when you think everything must fit patterns and trends established in the toyline. There's always something new, there's always something that breaks the pattern. There's never been a second release retool of a non-Prime character in CW. Ok, sure. *However* the only second release retool of a character in CW was a retool of the "extra" voyager in the first wave of the year. Hmm.... for 2016 that would be Scattershot! You can see patterns to enforce your viewpoint, I can see patterns to support a contradictory viewpoint. These "patterns" are not evidence. Don't pretend like they are.

I believe we actually agree that there won't be a wave of deluxe Technobot limbs. I just think the evidence for that is that the deluxes after Sky Reign's limbs will be the TW deluxes. Whereas you seem to think these "patterns" you see are the evidence.

Tangential topic: 4 Technobots from scratch? Not so much. Remolding could be done on many limb molds to get them. I'd certainly prefer new molds, but it could be done with remolds. If Takara and Hasbro really do pass on it, then I think there would eventually still be a chance that my least preferred method of Technobot limbs would happen: FunPub. The retooling would probably be limited to new heads though.

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Since the CW line is kind of playing around with IDW continuity while also paying homage to G1...there's nothing also saying they won't create some random repaint of an existing Voyager to replace Scattorshot in the toyline.

So Scattorshot in the toyline becomes "Betatron" meanwhile Newtorsobot joins with the Technobots to become "Gammatron" and if you so choose you can build Computron. When they introduced Betatron, I guess the quote was his name is a reference to how he's the first attempt at a new type of combiner.

The *only* way we'd see Technobots from scratch would be if they continue to release deluxes with CW compatibility even into Titan Wars. So then at some point they have some random set of "futuristic vehicle" modes for the Movie characters and turn a few of them into Technobots for Scattorshot.

And honestly, I could see that. If the goal of the Generations line is to promote inter-connectivity between the different price points, they could continue to mix Combiner limbs and Torsos alongside the headmaster Voyager/Leaders and the Target/Headmaster Legends figures.

Heck, at some point I wonder if we wouldn't see a Voyager with a combiner gimmick where the 6th member is a Headmaster Legends class.

3. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CW Brawl is our only hope. They've got to retool him into something.

Of course, they might just turn him into Warpath instead of Nosecone.

4. Sentinel Lynx

Sentinel Lynx The bane of existence.

For the record, there's been rumor that Scattershot is the voyager center for Quantron (A weird Superion-like thingy that stole Optimus Maximus' limbs, if you don't know). That could mean that there will be no Computron.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Are we already forgetting that Hasbro said that "Betatron" is a reference to the concept of "Beta Software"? That's pretty blatant there's still something coming later.

6. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

What.

Betatron is formed from Scattorshot and the Optimus Maximus limbs (Ironhide, Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Mirage). You can literally see the Optimus Maximus team in the frigging artwork.

7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll be a wave of Tecnobot re-tools Groove and Scourch.

8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's a pretty blatant reference to beta software and that's it.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Except those guys are already assigned to another torso? He has no team. That's the point. The artwork could have used the Protectobots for all Hasbro cares, or the poor saps who got landed with Sky Lynx.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing blatant about it is that it's an excuse to half ass this retool. I don't think it necessarily means something is coming later.

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Betatron is Scattorshot and four limbs, similar to Galvatronus. Or like how "Ultra Prime" was Optimus with wave 1 limbs.

But the Wave 6 limbs are explicitly designated for Sky Lynx/Sky Reign. At least as far as we know until packaging suggests otherwise.

12. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

Well, they were assigned to Battle Core Prime, because, well, comic advertising. All we have to do is wait until Takara reveals Unite Warriors Computron or a third party (like Perfect Effect) to make a conversion set for the molds that would fit well as the Technobot limbs.

13. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They should have named it Vistatron. :D 

14. Prowlar

Prowlar Well-Known Member

I really didn't mean to start anything I was only going off of the fact that a head had been designed for a Ratchet/First Aid repaint. The other characters that I listed just seemed the most logical choices using the least amount of new parts.

15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    You said it was "the truth" though, when in fact it's just your idea on it.

Careful. The two shouldn't be used interchangeably around here. That's how rumors get spread and fights break out.

16. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I thought hasbro designers actually said betatron is a beta version of a later combiner.

17. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Ill get Scattershot just for the character and not as a combiner as I wont be making a combiner out of other limbs other then "official" technobots that may appear.

Which seems unlikely at this stage.....

18. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope you can prove it.

19. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Milleniumtron

20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It wasn't that hard if you were paying attention during SDCC Coverage. At least one or two sites at the panel captured statements from Hasbro that "Betatron" was the name for Scattorshot + Maximus limbs as he was a beta test for a new type of combiner (in-universe).

So there was no clear confirmation of Technobots. But their language at the panel combined with CW being tied to IDW suggests there could be a storyline around Betatron/Computron.

And, as at least a few others have pointed out: IDW introduced Optimus Maximus as standard Red Prime + Maximus limbs despite Wave 4 including a new white repaint of Optimus. So it's entirely possible that we see the Technobots down the road and Scattorshot returns in a later Voyager wave much like Motormaster has with Wave 4.

There's plenty of reasons to not completely give up hope yet...so I don't get why you're so determined to be pissed off at this point.