Combiner Wars Platinum Liokaiser released in Singapore

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Automorpher, Sep 29, 2016.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    So it really will be $130?

Ugh, I hope Takara steals their thunder with a UW reveal between now and then. MSRP was $109...and EE putting an Exclusive Tax on it is peak douchebaggery.

2. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, wish I would have pre ordered it when it was at the $109 price tag, that's why I called it in actually...he couldn't tell me when it went up either...

3. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

As far as I know, the pre-order never went up and I've been running the search everday on EE since SDCC.

4. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're not posting it on their website yet for some reason, they wouldn't say why it's on the DL currently for pre ordering through the phone...

5. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

Their loss. I'm taking my business to a Taiwanese eBay seller.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Most likely a preorder embargo required by Hasbro for whatever reason.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It'll probably go up on the site November 1st.

The original price was going to be $109.99 per the little card for it at SDCC..

Adam from EE said they were shooting for $120 but DID say that wasn't guaranteed.

SDCC 2016 Liokaiser Official Images

People who have actually ordered it by phone have all been charged $129.99.

8. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its not an upfront charge though so I'm sure we could cancel it if they did drop the price down before they shipped it out.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I hope these do well too but unfortunately, the giftsets churned out this far hasn't done well in terms of sales. (At least not from where I'm hailing from anyway).

Hasbro is charging alot for these giftsets. (Check my earlier post with regards to the SRP) I'm not a tiny bit surprised that these are sitting on shelves (& will probably continue to do so) till Hasbro decides it's time for clearance. That's when folks in my country would make the jump.

Now based on my earlier comment on waiting out for a sharp drop in prices, I'm willing to support Hasbro only when they're making these affordable for my wallet. Else, it's TakaTom for me (& may I dare say the majority of the TF collectors located in my country).

With so many lines to look at/collect, I'm sure most of us here would readily agrees that one needs to be more careful with the money. Realistically speaking, if I can at least tell that these are not gonna move quickly (either on local shelves or from online sources like Amazon & etc), I take a step back, bide my time & wait for these to be purchased at a price point I'm comfortable with.

And I see no wrong in having that mindset. :) 

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got mine from an Ebay seller today. Aside from some joint tolerance issues on the limb-bots, a nifty set.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The price is pretty much spot on for Voyager, 4 deluxes, and a legends figure. In fact, a few bucks cheaper, even. The only ones I'm buying at clearance prices are the ones I didn't care about either way. The $30 G2 ones will be Christmas presents for my kids, and if Computron goes down low enough (under $50) I'll get him too. I already have UW Computron, so this, too, will go to my kids. I wouldn't buy them otherwise. I already paid full price for my Victorion and Liokaiser, not to mention Predacus, Thunder Mayhem, and soon Wreckage...

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    That's just it, outside of the Liokaiser set with the exclusive tax, they're priced better than if you'd bought the parts separately. Would I have liked to have seen a slight discount, sure, but people not willing to touch them for less than half off is disappointing. I said "no way Jose" when they were pushed on me and it looks like that was the right move. G2 Menasor was on sale from the day it was released...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    The G2s aren't the same thing as Victorion, Liokaiser, and Computron though. You're less likely to sell a G2 set these days because if enough people wanted the team they'd probably have already bought them (CW or UW) and are unlikely to double dip just for a repaint.

$100 for a team of 6 is pretty awesome for a few reasons. First off, it's a slight discount on buying individually. Second, you're guaranteed you have the entire team. None of this "Deluxe Limbs are everywhere but I can't find Sky Lynx." disaster wave 6 turned into. The hunt is money out of *your* pocket in terms of gas/time.

I count myself among the lucky few who didn't jump on Voyager Wave 5 and had their patience rewarded with Wave 6 containing both Onslaught *and* Sky Lynx. Was able to finish two combiner teams in one order. But I know a lot of people who weren't so lucky, and ended up having to pay anywhere from $30-50 for a Sky Lynx. A boxed Sky Reign set would've prevented that.

$130 though is cruel, because Hasbro said "$110" and Entertainment Earth said "nah we want to charge an extra 20% on that." That is enough to make me want to use a Taiwanese seller. Gets me the set now, and doesn't reward the markups. Let EE rot.

14. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree on the price if you were in the states, but outside the states these may be priced a lot higher to them.

15. RKillian

News Credits:
    It's pretty clear to me that $130 is the soak-the-true-believers price and they're hoping that their distribution clients relieve them of the rest. I can only imagine what kind of fairy tale they try'll to pass off as Suggested Retail Price in order to make that happen.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Transboticon

Transboticon I'm really not that well known.

The EE guy Adam says about that:

Question -"Odd that Habro has it listed as $109.99 in their display if the actual price is $10 more."

Adam -"This does happen quite a bit with exclusive products from many manufacturers and many retailers. The manufacturer does not set the price the retailer sells it at, but at times suggests a price. Due to other factors (labor, real estate, shipping material, and other invisible-to-consumer variables) prices vary from store to store - maybe Combiner Wars deluxes are $15, $17, or $23 depending on where you shopped or when. There are good reasons for this, and sometimes the intangibles may include other bonuses like free shipping, a mint-condition guarantee, and possible bonus items depending on what we have in the warehouse at the time. I can't say why the tent card had the price it did (I didn't write it) but I can say that Platinum edition items do indeed cost a bit more."

Makes sense to me. Hasbro could say they suggest a 9.99 price, but of course the retailers could never sell for that.
    Usually I bought the waves of four deluxes at BBTS for 65 bucks, and the set of 2 voyagers for 50 plus 6 bucks for shipping for all of it, so I figure each combiner costs me 93.00 so a set for 100-120 isnt bad at all since they are also an exclusive.
    Course nothing beats 29.99 with free shipping like those G2 sets, but I think thats one of those once in a lifetime things!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Got mine today, I paid the 100 bucks plus 30 in shipping from an ebay seller in Taiwan and it got here, Minneapolis, in 2 days. I doubt EE could match that price and shipping time.

18. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah got to love DHL...I actually cancelled my EE order, went with a pre order seller in the states since he had a "or better offer" deal, he went down to $120 and then I had an ebay coupon for $75 off so total cost for me was $45. Not bad at all.

19. RKillian

News Credits:
    No, what I mean is that EE will often inflate the suggested price in order to make a very high wholesale price look reasonable. I always keep a retail window open alongside their catalog. They will do stuff like solicit a figure for $72, claiming an SRP of $109, while listing it at $75 with free shipping on the retail side. Maybe these won't go to G2 lows but I expect collectors to balk at them until they drop into double digits, at which point it's more effective to scalp Deadpools from Walmart than operate legitimately.

20. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    Thank you all for tracking down and posting all this information including EE's pricing plan. I just hit up Ebay instead. That was any easy choice!

• Like Like x 1