Combiner Wars Motormaster Hips

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WO3004, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I don't really care. The difference is extremely minor. I don't put his legs in the official combiner position anyway.

2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I honestly don't care that Hasbro has "fixed" Motormaster's hip ratchets, mine has had the Noneff ratchets installed for months now.

Even if I didn't have Noneff's ratchets, I still wouldn't care.

3. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I'm more annoyed at the lack of updates regarding Titan Wars Astrotrain than I am over Motormaster

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    +1 for the nonnef ratchet cogs, they work great and were an affordable upgrade to a figure I actually already really liked the look of

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did I miss the "Dem hips" jokes?

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Do this.

Not this.

7. WO3004

WO3004 One half of a Duobot

News Credits:
    Christ alive I didn't think i'd spark a TF fandom war, bloody nora. For those of you saying some crap about entitlement, yes I consider a company releasing a product with hip joints that mean my combiner is doing a pirouette defective and extremely annoying. Why the hell should I have to buy a replacement kit for it when I consistently end up buying brand new figures that either have beyond excusable paint problems or parts that are engineered in a ridiculous manner or that are plain malformed.

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    So like, does anyone have estimates with shipping for Nonnef's replacement parts? Obviously it's going to vary by location, but a list of "I'm from ___ and it cost $___" is infinitely more useful than a list of insults towards toy-swappers.

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I think I paid $8 total shipped to virginia

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was $7.50 shipping for one. I live in Canada. So $12.50 USD total

11. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

For me, it was $8.50 total to ship to Texas.

12. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Or encouragement to do additional testing on joints and combiner limbs in the future before releasing them the first time, perhaps preventing the defect in the first place and eliminating the need for running changes in the next batch of toys.

People are treating this like it's the same thing as switching out the Motormaster in the box and replacing it with a random Bumblebee they bought at the dollar store. It's not. It's exchanging one defective toy for a fixed identical toy, which since they made a change for this wave Hasbro clearly knows about this already and probably planned that some people will probably switch them out.

And most stores are pretty wise to this, anyway, so if they see you returning an open action figure they can either hit you with a "no returns on collectibles" policy or just stick you with store credit. They're not going to lose out in these situations. (Unless it's Wal-Mart, but even they would take that Bumblebee in Motormaster's box and still throw it out on the shelves to sell because they really just don't care.)

13. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Who the hell cares that this figure can now be set up with a millimeter difference in it's stance?!?!

It's a terrible configuration and you shouldn't even be setting up like this in the first place.

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. This is what you do when Hasbro fucks up their toys and releases a fixed version later.

I was going to respond to a bunch of posts but there's too many. People need to get off their high-horse. Menasor is an absolute bitch to stand without toppling, so getting Motormaster exchanged isn't any worse than people returning figures for floppy arms and whatnot. Show the employee at customer service what's wrong with it, and they'll send it back to Hasbro for reimbursement. I'm probably not going to bother returning mine, since the arm-lock is so much worse.

"Buh-buh it's toy-swapping!"

No it fucking isn't. It's the exact same thing as returning a toy for whatever reason and buying it again later. Toy swapping would be if you "returned" an Optimus in a Motormaster box.

"But there's nothing wrong with the old Motormasters!"
    If there wasn't anything wrong, Hasbro wouldn't have fixed the mold and began another production run of the old figures.

"But what if they put it back on the shelf?!"

Oh, so the old ones are defective.

If you showed the employee at customer service what's wrong and they put it back on the shelf, it's not your fault. It's theirs. If everyone's so scared they're going to put defective toys back on the shelf, I hope you all never return anything you bought missing a head or assembled with two left arms.

"Buh-but the poor retailers! They might take a loss and they still have to do all that work of sending it back to Hasbro!"

There will be, what? One person per county doing this? One time out of a hundred returns per store per day? I'm sure they'll be devastated.

15. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally don't have any qualms about the morality of returning a toy with a slightly different copy of the same toy, but it really doesn't matter here. Regardless if you get an old version of Prime and Motormaster or if you get the newer ones, Nonnef's hip gears add extra clicks, and that's what I want. People should go that route.