Combiner Wars Motormaster has fixed hips too!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Sep 1, 2015.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

any comparisons with this one and the old one for those of us who don't have Motormaster yet?

2. Fallout

Fallout i can't hear a thing on the radio

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    yeah, how dare we be entitled to products working properly. the nerve. and it's not like he plainly pointed out telling the store that the item is defective.

3. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy enough for one to do on their own but, yay ... FU Hasbro. Do it in the first place. What kind of business do ppl think is good, nowadays?!? Same thing with my company, quantity before quality. I know for a fact, you don't have to choose. You can have both. Really I love the toys. I'm a junkie! But can't they pay a handful of us nerds to play with the unreleased versions , instead of some biased asshorn who just investigates, or some vaginal booger cat rapist who doesn't have a clue. Why??? Because if we are given perfect toys then what's next?? Idk um, more business? Ugh whatevs. I'm done with my offensive rant. Thumbs up hasbro. You at least listened on this I guess. I am leaving.... IN A HUFF

4. TGCLightGuard

TGCLightGuard FOR THE ROYALTY!

Ebay:
    Except there's a better than even chance that it'll wind up in Reshop or Clearance carts and resold to some unsuspecting worthy who might not be able to take it back because "Clearance."

Signed - One of those guys who wound up throwing away an Animated BA because it was returned and had a broken leg.

5. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

Hasbro just announced the fix. Nobody has called Hasbro Customer Service and asked if they will replace their figure. They just suggested conning the store....perhaps not even the store you bought the original figure from.

If the figure was defective it should have been returned when it was first bought...not 'I have to have this figure so I'll keep it....oh they have a fixed version....I'll con the store into replacing it'.

More than entitled, that's just low moral character. Return it to the store you bought it from telling them UP FRONT that the figure is defective and you'd like it replaced. If the store won't do it, go to Hasbro and let them know that the store won't replace it for you. I'm fairly certain they will take care of you....or just go straight to Hasbro.

Don't screw over the store just because you want a fixed figure you weren't interested in returning before there was an actual fix available.

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are the hips still an issue with the recent Takara release of Menasor?

7. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously, well said and great advice for those who aren't toy vandals and thieves.

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Because the retailers, or atleast the employees working there, don't give a shit and they'll put the returned fig right back on the shelf anyway.

I mean, how many times over the years have we seen where people bought X figure, swapped it out with old Y figure, and returned it. And said return ended up getting put back on the pegs/shelf anyway? I myself once saw a ROTF Megatron on the shelf inside a DOTM Sentinel Prime box.

Sometimes people swap a TF out with some other old fig that's not even a TF at all. Sometimes not even a toy at all. I *think* there was a sighting reported a couple years ago where someone had swapped out a TF with a freaking piece of fruit. And that somehow still got put back on the shelf.

Telling customer service its defective would be pointless as it would just fall on deaf ears, and that returned MM would just end up back on the shelf for some unsupecting kid or adult to come across. I would say intentionally break the old MM, snap off an arm or snap the whole thing in half, but somehow I don't think that'd matter if even a piece of fruit would get by customer service.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

10. Randomus

Randomus Heretic

All joking aside, my beef isn't with the Nonef parts or returning your original toy in the same box. I don't agree with Skyclaw's plan to swap parts, then return as defective. I know his plan is to keep the odd hips off the shelves, but as Lightguard wrote, I'm not convinced that will happen.

I don't want collectors or discerning kids who know what to look for (from this thread, for example) to get shafted, since he or she did the research. Honestly, everyone else probably won't mind much since, in terms of design flaw, this is much more "finicky Deployer" or "unpainted tailights" than "MP Rodimus" or GPS. Better off just keeping things on the up and up.

11. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Expecting a company to do the right thing is being entitled.. Then count me in.

It shouldn't take someone buying the figure and showing everyone on here that it's been changed for us to know about it.

Clearly hasbro made an effort to change something that was wrong, and then they clearly made NO effort to tell anyone about the fix.

So.. Are we just supposed to take this? For those of us who want to own a a properly functioning figure supposed to shell out another $25?.. Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous and scummy to you?

Hasbro just went and slipped this fix under the radar.. They know how many, and which people the defective ones were sold to on their site.. Did they even bother contacting them offering them a new figure or the new part?

When I spend $25, I expect everything to be in working order. None of us returned the thing because we just accepted that this is just the way it is.

I wouldn't have many figures if I returned all of the ones that had a problem with the hopes that hasbro would later on release a fixed version. It's just not the right way to do business.

Also.. I've returned unopened stuff that I got on clearance. If someone returns something that they say is defective (because it is) and that store decides to put it on clearance or reduce the price.. That's not our fault, that's theirs. It's not hurting anyone. You bought a defective figure, you told them that it was, and then they turn around and try to sell it again, so, who's at fault?

12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    Oh man, this thread has degenerated into "The first toy had widespread issues, but because they made a fixed version several months later, I am somehow entitled to a free replacement because I am a spoiled child!"

13. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    here:
    Nonnef Productions

14. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Very good news, but I hope there won't be too much toy swapping.

15. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

awesome! but does anyone know if they fixed his shoulders? in all honestly i would take a shoulder fix over a hip fix any day if only because there are so many ways to get around the hip problem to begin with.

16. Randomus

Randomus Heretic

Thanks! I had heard of these, but didn't realize they were that cheap.

(Um...I think this whole argument is over $5 plus shipping...:confused: )

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

I agree with this.

Seriously, folks, it's a fucking toy. Bite the $25 + tax and just get another MM with the fixed hips instead of just toy swapping - which I might add is not a guarantee it thus will not get put back on the shelf anyway. It's rare, but it does happen.

Is there any precedent to Hasbro even doing something like that? I mean, they're not gonna issue a toy recall because of something as minor as a slightly ill-designed hip joint when it's still a perfectly functional toy in the hands of a child.

If you ate nothing but ramen for a few days that'd net you about $25 in savings instead of eating more expensive food. Oh the sacrifices adults must make for toys.

Also, oh no at some unforeseen inconvenience where Hasbro actually stands to make a bit more money. Honestly, it was more scummy when they didn't include Slingshot and Wildrider in mass-release waves and had no plans of doing them.

You mean HasbroToyShop, which isn't actually run by Hasbro themselves?

Plus, I'm still waiting on a replacement for my PCC Double Clutch that isn't a complete self-destructing piece of shit.

So, what, that's not the way it is now because a slightly improved version now exists? That $25 is such a high price for a toy that it's better to go to these lengths and exploit retail store return policy, probably burning a few bucks worth of gas in the process, then to just swallow the bitter pill and shell out another $25 and not scam the system?

18. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is what I want to know. I didn't care about the hips, I want to know if they fixed torso mode shoulder or the chest minion connection.

19. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Imagine the flailing if they'd fixed a real problem like Blitzwing's shoulders.