Digibash: Combiner Wars Mighty Orbots

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by coinilius, Jun 27, 2020.

1. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

This is an idea I've had for awhile, inspired by an older thread about using Combiner Wars molds to create updated, transforming versions of the Mighty Orbots:

Customs: - Combiner Wars... Mighty Orbots?

After finishing up with the Darksyde Predacon digibashes I was doing, I decided to tackle this concept next. The first character I've done is:

Tor

[​IMG]

The strong man and central robot of Mighty Orbots, Tor from Combiner Wars Optimus Prime was a no-brainer, given the molds bulky, ape-like proportions. I combined elements of the Motormaster version of this mold and the Optimus Prime one, although on an actual figure I would prefer to have the grill sections from Optimus Prime as they would suit Tor's arm design more than the Motormaster grill pieces. I used the Year of the Monkey Optimus Primal head to simulate Tor's head design as much as possible.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The head really helps sells how Tor evokes a gorilla even more. :) 

3. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Thanks kaijuguy! It was the best head that I could think of to use, as Tor really does have a gorilla-like quality to his body and head design. And the expression seemed suitable as well, as it looks more confused than angry :D 

• Like Like x 1