Combiner Wars Liokaiser in-hand gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Sep 1, 2016.

1. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree they'll probably reuse the Deszara tooling for something else.

2. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Standalone in the Legends line with UW/CW compatibility, or solo exclusive like Grand Scourge. Just so long as they leave him out of the boxset.

3. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's still possible. To say it's not a possibility is completely wrong.

We also need to take into account that Liokaiser is a Platinum Edition release, as well as Takara's release history of Platinum figures which is, according to TFWiki, last year's Platinum Trypticon, which was given away by TTMall as a lucky draw "USA Edition" figure.

So if Takara does release a Liokaiser, already there's a high possibility that they'll just release this one, unchanged, simply due to it being a Platinum Edition release.

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definite buy. Wonder if perfect effect will do an upgrade set with new head and classic weapon

5. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Completely forgot about them. Let PE do the extraneous stuff so Takara can dedicate their budget fully to the required work :lol 

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They've done two sets for every combiner except defensor (got hands and feet retroactively), Victorion and skyreign, hopefully they've got something in store for liokaiser

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Takara should remold Silverbolt into Leozack as much as Silverbolt was remolded into Cyclonus and UW Scattershot. It may be an overused mold but its more appropriate for the team. His jet mode is actually similar to Air Raid, but that wouldn't be G1 accurate enough, even without Jarugar as the waist.

Jarugar would be repainted from Hound with a new head as a fifth deluxe, despite him not being able to combine simultaneously with the other five.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Liking the limbs... But the torso kills it for me. Sorry. :/

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Unlike seemingly everyone else, I'm only interested in Deathsaurus or whatever they're calling him (Nemesis Sky Lynx!). I mean, he's not an absolute must-have since I already got Sky Lynx and don't think I really need to double dip on the mold, but still I might just have to see where resell prices lead...

Granted, I really like the "lynx" mode over the "dinobird", which might look rather odd with the Liokaiser head.

10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are probably four unused deluxe toolings Takara could put with the Dezarus torso (Hasbro Strafe, Trailbreaker w/Hoist head*, Rook w/Brawl head*, and TFSS Counterpunch) to make another combiner w/o having to remold anything. Kind of a grab-bag, so maybe a Grand Galvatron compadre?

*Both are rumored/assumed to exist, but I haven't seen them

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Second in-hand gallery added to the first post.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    I would been much happier with the Silverbolt Mold being used for Leozack

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    It would have been perfect if they could find a way to combine Air Raid with Hound into a torso.

14. Prowlar

Prowlar Well-Known Member

I'm all for having a Leozack as a B-1 swing wing bomber using Silverbolt with re-molded head and Air Raid style wings.

Then give Evilynx UW Vortex in Green with a new head as Death Cobra and Hound in black with a new head as Jarugar. Of course if one limb needs to be a brand new remold then retool Dragstrip into a Dune Racer as Jarugar. Finally add in a repainted Strafe and another of the theoretical heads as another Destron.

The more Decepticon/Destron Combiners the better.

15. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The colors look good, the new heads look great! I kinda think both jets should have used the air raid mold so we could have had the symmetrical upward-swept wings, which I'd say are pretty important to Liokaiser's silhouette.

But at the end of the day the new torso is not good enough for me. If this is all we get, so be it, I just won't buy it. But I'll be happy for those who do enjoy it.

Also UW Deathcobra NEEDS to happen.

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they do, then how do you explain things like Deluxe Groove and Blast Off or their totally different Computron?

It often feels to me that they come up with an idea together, then Takara quietly slinks away and thinks about how they can one-up Hasbro in cartoon accuracy with new sculpts and molds. At this point, I doubt the HUGE demand for their toys by people outside Japan isn't known to Takara.

Because if they wanted G1 accuracy, they'd have to make TWO deluxe molds that combine into a torso, Devastator-style, and who aren't otherwise useable as CW limbs. It can happen, sure, but chances are they will not make that many changes.

Not similar, basically exactly the same alt mode as Air Raid. Leozak is an F-14 Tomcat with adjustable wings, same as the new CW Air Raid (funny as G1 Air Raid was an F-15 Eagle).
    I also see little reason (and zero chance) of Takara adding another Deluxe mold to the toy. Check their previous releases - all of their UW Giftsets have just 5 members, even omitting the Legends toys like Groove, Shockwave, Powerglide or Blackout. Even Megatronia won't have one.

Wow, thanks.
    In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES

Pretty awesome. I am loving the new headsculpts and the paint applications more and more. :) 

Is it me or does it look like Ironbison's horns can be folded back into the head?

17. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I would think so, otherwise, you wouldn't be able to collapse the head flush under the turret during alt mode; Drillhorn as well. Hellbat seems to work the same way, as there are similar channels on the side of his head.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    That's my initial reaction too. The limbs work pretty well, but the Sky Lynx remold looks like a barfwhich to me. Not really diggin' the way this set comes together overall, so will be a pass for me, which is OK because I don't have space for it anyway.

19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    I had pitched this a while ago when Sky Lynx first came out. Take the retool and repaint it in purple/grey colors. Call it Nemesis, and in combined mode it's Trypticon.

(Hell, if you want name recognition on the box...flip it. Bot is Trypticon and combined is Nemesis)

20. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ That would mostly work fine for me. I'd just call it Nemesis and Nemesis Maximus (or something - Trypticon will be used pretty soon). I think there are 4 deluxe toolings Takara has access to and hasn't used yet (if you believe that is their philosophy), so that's enough limbs for one last crazy-ass combiner