Combiner Wars Liokaiser in-hand gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Sep 1, 2016.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty awesome. Surprised that hasbro came up with this idea first, not Takara, but I suspect they will do their own twist of this one too.

2. FatYunChan

FatYunChan Well-Known Member

Thought I was done with this line. Guess not.

3. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Love the deluxes but that Leozack is not appealing to me.

Hopefully Takara will do something different, even if it's just retooling that Silverbolt mould again into Leozack. Not ideal, but I'd still buy it...but with the Sky Lynx remould as the torso....oh god no.

4. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, the Deluxes are serviceable. Colors are good and I can't see Takara's decos deviating too much from these. KILLbison's alt-mode can be easily fixed thanks to those posts atop the turret (will need a pair of Brawl guns though to replace the Skydive weapons).

But that torso... it needs a lot of work. Color placement is all over the place, barely homaging Liokaiser's torso, not to mention a more than adequate update to his head is completely ruined by being colored wrong.

It's passable. If this was the only official Liokaiser, we'd have no choice and have to either settle for it or be without. For now it is... but I don't see Takara going bankrupt and disappearing from the face of the earth, so it likely won't be the only one.

5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Hasbro and Takara work together when designing figures. Hasbro is probably first to market because they're trying to fit a specific timeframe and thus aren't going to wait until Takara is done figuring out whatever differences their version will have. Whether it's the torsos or the mold choices or something else.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I dig the Sky Lynx mold, and think that it works pretty well for this set. I'll most likely display him combined, next to Botcon Deathsaurus and Leozack. I bet they'll look pretty solid all together in a group. Can't wait! This may be the first box set I grab immediately, instead of waiting for a sale later.

Was it ever confirmed if he was an exclusive? I never checked into that.

8. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    It was confirmed at SDCC that he will be an exclusive at Entertainment Earth.

9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    my only problem with this is the combined head. i think the lower half's sides should of been black, so it looks like a full head helmet instead of a hat......

well, i guess i can fix that myself with a bit of black paint or something

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    gimmeeeeee

11. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'll probably retool Cyclonus as Leozack and make Jarugar either an extra limb or a legends add-on.

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    The question would be, is that as much work as building two new molds? Because Cyclonus doesn't have any immediately obvious means of combining with the existing Legends. Unless they create a new one.

Who knows, maybe they come up with some bizarre retooling of Hound/Swindle that *can* hook up to the jet torso.

13. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Or worst case, the Dezarynx torso will just be properly colored to look more like them in combined mode. I'm expecting that much and the correct color for Liokaiser's head at least, so I will be more than happy if they go beyond that. Maybe even include his proper multi-section staff weapon instead of the tuning forks :D 

14. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guyhawk and Killbison look ok. Hellbat's head is too round and I just don't like Drillhorn's headsculpt at all.

I'd probably buy Guyhawk if I could find it individually but I don't like the rest of this set enough to buy it.

15. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

Since I've resigned to buy both Computrons, I will also buy both Liokaisers, if it happens. Hopefully it'll just be Hasbro so I can save.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    In regard to UW tackling Liokaiser we should accept the possibility that Takara in the end are just going to use the same torso the CW version has only painted into the more G1 Deathsaurus concept and have him be called Deathkaiser and make up a story that Deathsaurus is now the main torso for Liokaiser. Takara could surprise us yes but still.

As for CW Liokaiser having the torso he has now I can actually understand why they went with it instead of the Silverbolt mold. Hastak has used the Silverbolt mold for like what 3 to 6 times already? It would milking the mold yet again which it could start risking it have more QC problems if not careful. Even if they went with that here instead of the Sky Lynx mold which has one use so far people would still be complaining that it's not made up of both Leozack and Jallguar. Not to mention that they at least remolded the Sky Lynx eyes to evoke more of Deszaras who does have connections to the Liokaiser team obviously so I'm not too bothered since I look at this as an alternate take on Liokaiser as opposed to a more G1 accurate take.

Either way I'm betting 3rd party companies will make an upgrade set that includes Leozack and Jallgruar figures that are CW/UW compatible and will make him G1 accurate.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm just going to use G2 Dragstrip as Jallguar, the colors/car shape are close enough to work for me.

18. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We have been over this before. Deszaras is in many ways a larger Voyager sized version of Alpha Bravo, Offroad, or Rook, an extraneous and not very faithful addition to the original team. And in all these cases, Takara has not used fiction to explain them and instead chosen to release the original limb.

Why would Takara suddenly change course and do this now when there previous record to the G1 Combiner Teams was if it wasn't in G1 it wasn't included?

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The Deszaras torso has a new eye and head piece and a new head for the torso mode so if anything Takara is still likely to use that mold one way or another even if they don't use it for their Liokaiser set. Remember that the UW sets always use molds that have at least one new head for each character and every character presented in the CW Liokaiser set has a new head. It's all speculation on my part and again I did say that Takara has surprised us with their Computron set so I'm also expecting something similar to their Liokaiser.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My fingers are still crossed that TakTom gives us a two torso LioKaiser.

This set looks pretty good though.