Combiner Wars Idea: Predaking & Beast Wars Repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Florgeysteve, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Florgeysteve

Florgeysteve Well-Known Member

Just to want to have a say about this as it was on my mind since Botcon this year and after Windblade issue 3 relating to Combiner Wars came out. But I had an idea that Hasbro could produce a Predaking Toy for the Combiner Wars line. This would use characters that would be G1 e.g; Razorclaw-lion, Rampage-Tiger, Divebomb-Eagle, Headstrong-Rhino and Tantrum-Buffalo. You include another beast character as the weapon. Then for retools/repaints some that immediately come to mind are Rampage as Tigatron and Dive-bomb as Airrazor. Giving the fact that they are now in the comics. In terms of other characters for limbs not sure, but that you could have Razorclaw as Lio Convoy but not sure about the others. What i would have for the Chest is to have Beast Era Megatron in his Dragon form. Just want you thoughts, do you would this work?

2. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Torso- Lio Convoy from Razorclaw
    Arm1- Tigatron from Rampage
    Arm2- Airazor from Divebomb
    Leg1- Rhinox/Backstop from Headstrong
    Leg2- Bighorn from Tantrum

3. Florgeysteve

What do you think could the optional sixth bot should be?

4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I actually think the Predacons, Seacons, and Terrorcons could be done from the same set of base molds, with Some Monsterbots thrown in if ye wanna get goofy.
    Divebomb=Cutthroat (new head/tail) =Seawing(new wings/head)
    Tantrum=Headstrong (new head)=Blot (stand beast mode, new arms)
    Overbite=Rippersnapper=Skalor (new head/beast arms/tail)
    Rampage=Sinnertwin (new beast heads/tails)=Tentakil (replace allof sinnertwin's limbs and heads with tentacles face sculpted into body)
    Razorclaw=Snaptrap (replace mane with shell, new feet and beast head)
    Hunn Gurr would need to be his own mold though

5. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    As for optional 6 bots
    The Seacons would need Nautilator
    The Terrorcons could use the Insecticon Venom
    The Predacons could use Snarler, Octopunch, or Carnivac

6. Florgeysteve

I'd actually Like to see an updated Carnivac.

7. BigTransFan

BigTransFan Well-Known Member

hi Sky-lynx

8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I have a theory that Predaking is either going to be 2017's Titan, or he's not going to happen at all. He just seems like one of those figures Hasbro would have to make at a larger price point to get things like Divebomb's wings in scale or his massive combiner sword. If he does happen, these are some pretty solid repaint ideas that would probably sell pretty well. I'm guessing/hoping that Hunn Gurr is going to come from Sky Lynx as all it would take was a remold of the legs/arms.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Preadacons into Beast Wars Maximals...

Razorclaw into Lio Convoy
    Rampage into Tigatron
    Divebomb into Airazor
    Tantrum into Bonecrusher
    Headstrong into Rhinox
    Predaking into Maximal Maximus

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I was thinking about this earlier today, I think just predacons and maximal doesn’t offer enough variation, however if we were to add in say the terrorcons, the seacons and the monsterbots its doable with as little 6 new dlx’s and 2 voyagers, I’d lay it out something like this:

Voyager tooling 1: Razorclaw. Leo Primal. Retool Snaptrap (new smaller beat head, lose the main, gain the shell for his back and new beat mode legs)

Voyager tooling 2: Hun Grr. Retool to Doublecross (replace beat mode front legs with wing, probably a few other minor changes)

DLX tooling 1: Headstrong. Tantrum (beast and robot mode head swap) Retool Blot (new beast mode legs and head). Repaint of Bolt Longtooth.

DLX tooling 2: Divebomb. Airazor. Retool Cutthroat.

DLX tooling 3: Rampage. Tigertron. Retool Sinnertwin. Mix of swinnertwin and rampage parts Grotusque

DLX tooling 4: Rippersnapper. Overbite. Retool Skalor. And another random addition to the monsterbots.

DLX tooling 5: Seawing. Depthcharge. And yet another random mosterbot

DLX tooling 6: Tentakill. Jawbraker

Legends Tooling 1: Nautilator. Repugnus

Legends Tooling 2: Snarler. Razorbeast.

Bombshell repainted as Barrage

Edit: Oh and of course Rhinox and cheetor are option too. Hell you could probably get another wave out of this lot if we really tried.

11. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Just saying Skylynx does not have robot mode he goes from plane to lizard lynx thing to torso.

12. Florgeysteve

Also seeing the Fact that Predaking was added to the Hall of Fame this year at Botcon, it would make sense to make a new Predaking set.

13. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Okay, look at the Sky-Lynx toy. My guess is they will inverse the transformation much like with Hot Spot to Onslaught. Now, imagine it is standing on remolded front legs and has arms in place of the hind legs as well as a head where the tail once was. Here is a pic for reference:
    [​IMG]

Voila! A robot mode.There are very few other characters that go from ship to beast with no robot mode and with CW it is unlikely that Hasbro is going to make a mold and only use it once. Now, I could be wrong here about it being remolded into Hun-Gurr, but there will likely be a remold and it will likely have a robot mode.

14. The13Primes

News Credits:
    I can see it now. Awesome

How abut some BW Predacons,

BW TMII Megatron:Skylynx
    BW Ravage (or anothe character): Rampage
    BM Jetstorm: Air raid
    BW Rampage: New mold
    BM thrust: Deluxe groove

Combine to form ???

Then also

Magmatron (can be retooled into paddles, grimlock and swoop)
    Tricedapus (retool into ???)
    And the maximal one retool into ???

15. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    If we're adding a 6th Predacon, a bear or gorilla would make sense, no? Particularly as the torso since both animals have girth to them. Adding a 6th member would also make using Divebomb as a "backpiece" doable.

16. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Or they could just retool Sky Lynx into dotm Hatchet. Toss in streetwise as barricade, first aid as crankcase, breakdown as crowbar and alpha bravo as tail whip. Call the team the Decepticon Secret Police. Combined form: Crackdown

17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

While I'm not the biggest fan of the movies, that would actually kick ass.

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How about

Voyager Razorclaw as Lio Convoy (Maximals),Snaptrap (Seacons), & Leobreaker (Anibots)

Deluxe Rampage as Cheetor (Maximals),Sinnertwin (Terrorcons),Snarl (Dinobots) & Pardo (Anibots)

Deluxe Divebomb as BWII Skywarp (Maximals),Windrazor (Terrorcons),Swoop (Dinobots) & Shriek (Anibots)

Deluxe Headstrong as BWII Santon (Maximals),Sludge (Dinobots), & Backstop (Anibots)

Deluxe Torox/Tantrum as BW Bonecrusher (Maximals),Slag (Dinobots) & Thump (Anibots)

Legends Bugly as Scissors Boy (Maximals),Nautilator (Seacons) & Stringer (Anibots)

19. The13Primes

News Credits:
    ;) 

20. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Eh.... I'm not so sure about the conclusion. Other lines have had many "one and done" molds. That maybe there isn't one yet in CW almost makes it more likely for some upcoming mold to be such. ("We've gotten lots of re-uses out of these molds, it's ok we don't have a re-use for this one mold.") But that's all just a minor debatable point.

True. But that doesn't need to stop Hasbro from being more "creative" about a re-use. That Hatchet idea is cool for one.

They could do an alternate color Sky Lynx as the same character, just as they're doing with the white Optimus Prime. They could make a Decepticon counterpart to Sky Lynx that's a completely new character. They could paint him up in "Predacon" colors and have him be a dragon that transforms into a shuttle with no individual robot mode... taking inspiration from Sky Lynx's G1 rival Predaking and the TF: Prime version of Predaking... basically just a dragon.

They could do something a la Galvatronus. Galvatron was never just a combiner before. Perhaps some other Decepticon could now have only a combiner robot mode without an individual robot mode. Perhaps Deathsaurus... combiner mode=Deathsaurus robot mode, beast mode=Deathsaurus dragon mode, shuttle mode=Deathsaurus's new alt mode, perhaps taking some inspiration from the Thunder Arrow.

How about Overlord?(who actually didn't have an "uncombined" robot mode) Remold the shuttle mode into a jet mode for Overlord, replace the beast mode with a tank mode, and the combiner mode=Overlord's robot mode. Complete him with a couple blue repaints of Brawl for legs and maybe one white and one black arm(to reference him having the black jet 'nosecone' as a shield on 1 arm) from jets or something else.

That Overlord idea would probably be a stretch as a stand-alone voyager release since on it's own it would only have 2 vehicle modes. But such a thing would make a great gift set. But really Shuttle+Dragon is perfect for homaging Deathsaurus and the Thunder Arrow.

Anyway, summing up... Sky Lynx does not need to be remolded to have a robot mode in order for the mold to be re-used.

Let me get this straight... invert the transformation... so SL's forelimbs are the remold's hindlimbs and and SL's hindlimbs are the remold's forelimbs? So when you mention "remolded front legs", to me, it's not not be quite clear which "front legs" are meant.

I think you're suggesting:
    -Remold SL's forelimbs into a beast mode's hindlimbs ... which then also become the robot mode legs?
    -Remold SL's hindlimbs into a beast mode's forelimbs ... which then also become the robot mode arms?
    -Remold SL's tail into a head.... is that the new beast mode's head or the robot mode head? Or both?

Or by inverting the transformation do you mean the beast mode would be the same orientation but the hindlimbs become robot mode arms and forelimbs become robot mode legs?

I really don't think that solves anything in turning the shuttle/dragon/torso mold into a beast/robot/torso mold.

A head where the tail once was... dude... there already is a head there... the combined mode Lynx head.

If you're just making forelimbs into robot legs & hindlimbs into robot arms... that's the torso mode! Maybe you get a robot mode out of it, but where's the torso mode then? Get a new torso mode by turning him around and making the robot's back the torso's chest? Hey, maybe... but it'd require some remolding of the main body.

Oh, actually to get "normal" proportions on the robot mode there would need to be some remolding of the main body.

So then let's see:
    -Remold the forelimbs.
    -Remold the hindlimbs.
    -Remold the tail/combined mode head.
    -Remold the main body.

And I'd assume Sky Lynx's head would be remolded too. Guess what? That's remolding everything. That's a new mold. If it's not, just exactly which parts on Sky Lynx are going to be re-used on a remold that has beast, robot, and torso modes? The connection flaps? Sorry, that' doesn't count as a remold.