Combiner Wars Generations 2015 predictions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LegoTFGuy, Jul 24, 2014.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Watch... This will end up being a ruse... Hasbro is actually making a Titan Class Wheelie...

2. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

we talking ROTF Wheelie because that that might be kind of cool.

3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Imagine it turns out to be 1986 Wheelie and not ROTF. That would be hysterical. I suppose we could try and imagine it as IDW Wheelie, but the similarities are too close to each other.

4. Starsabered

Starsabered is Awesome!

Ebay:
    As awesome as a Titan class Devastator would be, especially if done well and with a place for Prowl, I wouldn't be surprised if all we got was a "Titan" Devastator at the $9.99 and $19.99 price points to shelf warm with Prime Bumblebee and OP. Though, I do need to work on being more positive...

5. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

If they did multiple recolors on Devastator, I'd LOVE a RiD Landfill+two other Double Targetmaster repaint from it. With or without micron targetmasters for those two. I don't care. I just love RiD and want it to get more love. The actual RiD line that is, what Japan knew as Car Robots.

I'd also really be down for a Diaclone recolor, but that seems like something you'd do if you can find decently priced Devy and repaint yourself. Or an SDCC.

Orange Devy, Yellow Devy, even RotF Devy and most other repaint ideas? They're all Do It Yourself. Grab a can or two of paint and spray it orange or yellow or whatever.

Also, to the others who want Computron and Abominus: I been trying to get people to want them for years now. I'd love those two. I'd be having nerdgasms if Hasbro released those 2 in 2015.

We don't need another Briuticus, we got 50billion options there. Give us stuff we need.

6. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes you do.

7. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that wants to see an all leader devy? :)  Now THAT would be a titan that could hold up against gen metro. (size wise. price would be killer)...........and I'd still buy 3

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Judging by how metroplex's leg ratchets aren't strong enough for the hips, I doubt an all leader Constructicon theme could be very stable as Devastator.

9. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I actually kinda hope it's made of deluxes instead of voyagers, for the sake of cost, availability, and stability. I personally never saw a Metroplex in stores and If Devy is close enough to that size he might be a pain in the aft to find.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    My issue with that is that if that were the case, it might be like FOC bruticus all over again

11. siegfried07

siegfried07 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I've found that curious too, but the way I came to look at it is, usually the smartest team member (if not the biggest) forms the head. Sure, there could be clear or arguable examples to the contrary in scramble city combiners (read: I know Skydive's a bit of a genius and again, no idea how bright Hotspot is or is not). Nevertheless in the Constructicons, Hook is a pretty smart cookie, even if Scrapper comes up with great plans, supposedly.

I look at those two Constructicons in a similar regard to how Leo and Donnie relate to each other in the Ninja Turtles; the latter is smarter but the former is the nominal leader.

13. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    FoC Bruticus' main problem was a singe Deluxe forming the torso, making it too small. With two Deluxes, I think this can be avoided.

14. icemanff23

icemanff23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like this idea, because think about it. If you were to get your 3rd party combiners, even your biggest one and put them against say a MP grimlock. it doesn't look too big the combiner. However if you measure it up to the stature of a Titan class like Metroplex and have him that big, then think about how your going to be recreating that epic scene from TF movie with dinobots vs devastator. We have never got a proper MP scaled combiner ever and i feel that this guy could do it if done right by hasbro. Sure they will have some QC issues but imagine a combiner the size of metroplex up against your MP dinos ( as they are released ) it would be glorius :D 

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So my hope for this Titan Devastator is that the "Hook" and "Long Haul" components, whoever and whatever they end up being, the two guys who form the torso, are designed like Energon Powerlinx Autobots. Imagine if they could go into torso mode two different ways, with two different gestalt heads (I'm thinking of the inevitable redeco/remold options here). We could end up with two really unique-looking torso sections made out of the same two toys.

16. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I believe that Hook could, conceptually, be an easier fit as the upper torso and then leg.

Prowl as a deluxe or legends option for a 2nd formation would be a nice nod to IDW fans.

Unless they make Prowl a voyager too (either in the box set or separately) then there will have to be some corner cutting somewhere or possible the standard Devastator config with a Prowl combiner head.

17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Prowl would have to be a voyager too. I can't see how a legend or even a deluxe would work if you're replacing one figure with another especially as the arms plug into said figure.

18. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah.. i'm worried enough as it is if they're all voyagers.

i just really hope it looks good. i hope the individual bots actually look nice.. i hope it comes with a nice accurately shaped chest plate. either of the classic head designs work for me, so i'm not too concerned with that.

the real question is.. if they are all voyagers.. will you have a problem with the thing being a bit larger than the other ones?

i'd imagine a 6 figured voyager combiner would be taller than 4 deluxes and a voyager.

19. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no prowl in devastator.. PLEASE.. though.. i'm sure they could make one that's compatible. it would definitely give the whole line a bit more play value.

if hasbro was smart.. and not just greedy.. they'd give us the proper missing member of each team later in the line. you know.. like proper versions of slingshot and wildrider. they could easily sell alpha bravo and offroad with the rest of their team and save slingshot and wildrider for later on getting a lot of people to wind up paying for something they don't really want.

i'm sure third parties are partly foaming at the mouth for these to come out.. i imagine they'll fix whatever problems these figures have.. although, i doubt they'll be able to do anything about the hollow joints, the lack of wrist swivels or ankle tilts.

20. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    These figures don't look all that hollow. Looks like Cyclonus style legs for some of the jets.

Given that the hands and feet are separate parts I wouldn't discount some kind of wrist movement at this point.

Ankle tilts could be possible too but aren't essential.

One thing about having lighter figures is they don't buckle under their own weight. That is the problem with some of these larger third party combiners, they're very prissy about how they stand.

All in all, you're getting (what appears to be) a very good combiner with great team bots all for the price of just one third party robot.

It's a no-brainer.