Combiner Wars Generations 2015 predictions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LegoTFGuy, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Gearshift

Gearshift Lady of the Dark Throne

News Credits:
    Based on what Venksta said, "Titan" is more price range than box size (although I imagine the mass would be roughly equivalent).

2. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Both but it's probably better to think in terms of mass then size

Jetfire

3. Shockblaster

Shockblaster likes Kate Upton

Interesting rumor. If it does happen, I hope Hasbro pulls all the stops on this, especially in quality and quality control. The abundance of quality control issues on new and recent figures such as Roadbuster, Windblade, and Brainstorm has had me worried about future Hasbro products, and I fear that the awesome release of Titan class Devastator would also be affected by these problems, making it less awesome.

4. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    I was technically meaning towards the description of this Devastator.

Or could it still be both?

5. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I think it still be both due to price and mass. I mean Metroplex is pretty hollow but for Devestator to work as a combiner and individual bots with individual modes he is going to have to be much denser.

6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I sincerely doubt the QC on this guy will get the red carpet treatment just because of who and what it is. Its QC will most likely be in line with every product Hasbro turns out, which I'm sure they consider of the highest degree already.

7. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

This'll be great for those of us who couldn't a ford the 3rd party items, plus it's official Hasbro!

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Handsome Jack Resurected

I said pattern, not every single toy above Voyager ever. Jetfire would be an outlier, not to mention he's got chrome all over him anyway and I doubt it's cheap to chrome that much plastic per unit packaged.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    Titan class Devastator has my interest but i will need to see it before i say yes or no.

10. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Besieged by Rising Hasbro Prices!

Why always Devastator? I'm excited about Menasor and Superion, but I think Devastator is too obvious for their next combiner.

Why not Abominus or Computron? I think those would be a refreshing surprise.

If you told me Predaking or Bruticus was next, I might yawn. Look, we already have decent/great versions from 3Ps. Abominus is a real opportunity for Hasbro to get one to market before the 3P version is completed or represented well enough to make the Hasbro version look horrible. :eek: 

Planes and cars? Check. Next we do... Construction vehicles??? :banghead:  Is Hasbro STILL pushing these toys on disinterested kids? Animals would make for more interesting limb options at this point, IMO.

11. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Besieged by Rising Hasbro Prices!

Is Chrome the new "special feature?" :puke:  If it didn't flake like a 20 yr old toy, I'd be happy. But I've had TMNTs with flaking chrome, and it's a total pain in the @$$.

I think the next step is for Hasbro to declare that a bonus gun is a "special feature". "NEW AND IMPROVED JETFIRE! COMES WITH THREE GUNS!!!!!" :lol 

12. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoiler wise after reading the new RiD today.

With Scoop being with the cons, and sharing a look close to Scrapper, what are the chances we see him wrangled into the Constructicons and we get a normal looking Devastator?

13. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could've actually, y'know, used the spoiler tag right? Cause I just got spoiled.

14. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The AoE leaders didn't have electronics either, and neither -- as far as we know -- will leader Thundercracker or either of the leader Megatrons. Electronic gimmicks are functionally dead, or at least no longer common. I wouldn't count on Devastator having one.

15. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Over the course of the entire Transformers line since Armada sure, but in recent history Leader class Jetfire seems to be the standard.

AOE Optimus
    AOE Grimlock
    Gen Jetrire
    Gen Thundercracker
    Gen Megatron (presumably)

In your previous post though you do make some good points (about density), but I think he will be around Hercules size (14"). Consider that Combiner Wars combiners are approximately 11"-12" (FOC Bruticus is 11"), with that in mind we can expect Titan Devestator to stand at around 13"-14"

16. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Yes, Devastator is "obvious"... which is why it makes sense. He's the most iconic combiner there is... even friends of mine that haven't given a thought to Transformers in 20 years remember Devastator... but mention "Computron" and "Abominus" to them and I'm sure to get blank stares.

17. Optimus Convoy

Optimus Convoy Well-Known Member

I vote for the Railbots aka Trainbots.

18. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Oh man. I told myself I'd only buy masterpiece and certain generations figures from now on and a Devastator of that scale would definitely be on that list...

Anyone thinking they'll do a traditional, humanoid combiner, but make it in movie colors? I don't know why, but I just can't imagine them releasing six figures with similar alt modes in the same color, even in a box set- g1 colors would be an easy SDCC repaint (although I'd be super happy if it was g1 colors for retail release).

19. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its smart to do Devastator as a separate release. It makes sense because he doesn't fit with the whole "Voyager torso and 4 deluxe limbs" set up that most other combiners have. Plus, having 6 vehicles that are roughly the same size, same style, and same color scheme makes it really hard to release in retail. Its likely why we have still not seen a full set of Classics Dinobots.

20. GuitarPrime1986

GuitarPrime1986 Banned

I know...I tell her not to tease me, it drives me crazy...OH WAIT!...Your talking about the figure...ok, nevermind then :p .