Combiner Wars Generations 2015 predictions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LegoTFGuy, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It's not officially confirmed, but the rumour has been corroborated by multiple trustworthy users.

It's not a baseless 'he tell me' story, that's for sure.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

So who told who this time around?

3. TheTigerking84

TheTigerking84 Well-Known Member

I think that Onslaught and Hot spot will a retool of a new mold. Different from Motormaster/Optimus. Featuring a Missile launcher and fire truck ladder .

4. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Eh, it's already screwed up by totally disregarding scale. Being Titan class means it'll be siginificantly taller than the other CW Combiners we're getting. Which is completely inaccurate to the source materials, both the IDW comics and the original G1 toon where Devs is always depicted as pretty much the same size as the other combiners.

I'm not usually one to give a damn about scale, but at the same time I *really* don't wanna see another G1 Fort Max and Scorponok type of size difference either.

5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    It VERY likely exists, as the sources who have stated its existence are of a high caliber and they are familiar enough with the character of Devestator to not mistake the product for something else entirely.

6. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

we'll know if and when the rumors are confirmed to be true and once we get pictures.

i think springer was aided by having fantastical alt modes that were more or less designed from the get-go to be able to properly transform. look at his wave mate blitzwing. he's hampered by having realistic-ish alt modes that had compromised his design. the trend for generations seems to be realistic alt-modes that compromise the overall design in lieu of the transformers oriented cybertronian modes that roche and milne have come up with. i think it's safe to say that the constructicons will not be springer level, but i hope to be wrong.

7. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    See for me I would like to see something like this art hit IDW comics, but with Devestator instead of Predaking.
    [​IMG]
    To me Devestator should be the Combiner King, after all; "...The constructicons form Devestator the most powerful Robot we should rule!!":) .

8. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

If it looks good and has a G1 look then he will go on the shelf with my masterpieces

9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I'm okay with a size difference like that cuz it ain't too bad, and Devs being a little bigger and bulkier makes sense. But on the other hand, like I said, I don't wanna see a G1 Fort Max and Scorponok kinda of size difference. That's too much.

10. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

I wonder if this version of Devastator will be minus Scrapper, as in the comic. This would also explain why in the current issues, Long Haul is WAY bigger than the other Constructicons (which, in a way makes sense given his alt-mode). Also, I wonder if Prowl will be a "6th" extra figure in this combiner.

11. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Looks like i need ro start reading idw comics, the idea of scrapper being dead and prowl being part of Devy sounds interesting.

12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Titan class =/= 6 voyagers

Then again, we only have one titan class toy to base the size off of.

I bet this Devy won't be any bigger than TFC Herc in any case. If I'm wrong, I'd be so happy.

13. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

titan class seems to denote price rather than size as some others have pointed out. the original rumor that venksta put out said that it'll be more expensive than metroplex and a 6 pack of voyagers would be perfect for a $150~170 price point.

14. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Hey now, I like that Devastator! Just too bad his toy was utter crap...as was his part in the movie...

The Legends one is OK though!

15. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I'd be fine with that.

I don't know where I'd even put a Devastator the size of Generations Metroplex :lol 

16. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I'd put him on my mp shelf, but realistically he's probably not going to be that big.

17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    About hercules size is definitely what I'd be expecting when i hear six voyagers.

18. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    So, folks just up an' ignored my post with ideas for the four earthmovers?

Nifty.

Anyone hoping for a Landfill redeco with Wedge, Hightower, Heavy Load, Grimstone, Quickmix, and Landmine?

19. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I would prefer it be Hercules size rather than Metroplex size, even if they charge the Metroplex price point for it. As others have said, there would be quite a bit more engineering packed into a smaller package than on Metroplex.

Tentatively excited for this, and to a lesser extent the other combiners. Just hope they don't drop the ball on stability, durability, etc... On a combiner made up of 6 Voyagers there shouldn't be a single ball joint, other than the robot heads. Definitely need sturdy ratchet joints in all the appropriate places. I hope that it's more G1 and not a prowlvastator out of the box, but I would love it if they could optionally incorporate a separately sold Prowl as the head or something.

I consider Metroplex a success in most respects, so for me Hasbro is 1 for 1 at the Titan Class so far. Hopefully they keep it up if this is true.

20. Devastator Zero

Devastator Zero A Hole in My Heart

Wow, as a Devastator fan, I hope this is true.

As someone who thinks they can barely afford the other combiner wars figures, I hope it's not.

It makes sense though, so I better start saving my pennies! I hope it looks awesome!