Combiner Wars Generations 2015 predictions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LegoTFGuy, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Those aren't titan class, they're a separate line with the same name.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Titan Devastator is Hasbro's centerpiece of 2015 - it is the Metroplex of 2015, as in it will be the year's big ticket item.

If you like combiners, buy this Devastator. It, more so than any of the other combiners coming out, will determine the course of combiners for the coming years. If it performs well, there will be. If the situation goes sideways at retail like Metroplex did, combiners are going away again.

So buy it. But multiples. There are going to be multiple different versions of this thing released - just like Metroplex and FOC Bruticus.

Or if you're a person like me who doesn't give a shit about combiners, hope this thing bombs at retail so we can get more Beast Wars and IDW figs instead. ;) 

Kbye.

3. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

Yeah, we're talking Titan class like METROPLEX, boy, not those cheap knockoffs with broken T-cogs. METROPLEX.
    Like, this Metroplex:
    Metroplex (G1) - Transformers Wiki

So, pretty much, 24" combiner.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If true, it most definitely will not be Prowlestator. Whatever that abomination is. IDW may be cannon, but Hasbro is not completely stupid.

5. GreyRouge

GreyRouge The Master of Motors!

News Credits:
    Umm.. These are IDW figs if you haven't noticed. They are based on the IDW combiner teams.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hater.

;) 

:cool:  Buy More Devastator :cool: 

That's the slogan for 2015. I'm starting the campaign.

7. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

I just pray to God that the traditional green/purple scheme will be available for everyone at mass mainstream retail.

The only combaticon i bought was FOC Brawl b/c he was almost the color of his G1.
    No more fruit loops for me!

8. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

Cool thought That probably won't happen: We can be pretty sure that there will be two torso pieces that are combined into a single torso. However, it would be cool if they could also act as separate pieces that can each form a torso for a 5 person as an undocumented feature or something.

I think the limbs will be slightly smaller than voyager size, but larger than deluxe.

It may also be possible that long haul is in between leader and voyager, then everything else is deluxe (though i'm hoping 6 slightly larger/ smaller voyagers)

9. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

A Titan class devastator sounds exciting but I don't really have any faith in Hasbro's ability to do it right. Either they won't have individual robot modes or someone will be replaced by a helicopter or the whole thing will be cheap and hollow and nasty like metroplex was.

10. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And that's what worries me.

The traditional one sure as hell better be the mass retail one... Because just like those two, I will be going out of my way for it.

11. Huffington

Huffington Banned

Those normal combiners look very fragile and delicate to stand on their own from that video. I'm interested to see how they tackle the engineering of a Titan Class Devastator and keep it stable.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Wars, like Animated, is dead. It's done. Finished. The fat lady has sung. No amount of poor sales metrics will convince Hasbro to bring it back on a more than one off basis.

13. DangerousBacon

DangerousBacon Member

Really, really hoping that it's Prowlstator and that it follows the individuals-into-one body formula rather than one solid piece.

14. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Had this thread been reflecting on Life, the Universe and Everything 20 years ago the same could have been stated with cast-iron certainty about G1.

Funny that.

If Hasbro make a Titan Devy I'll buy one. Sorted.

15. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    PLEASE LET THE RETAIL VERSION BE LIME GREEN.

Wait Metroplex did poorly in retail? I thought he vanished off the shelves and never went on super clearance?

IDW and Beast Wars go hand and hand nowadays, you are going to get that anyway.

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Metroplex never even touched the shelves of any store in my area.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Um... I guess you just missed Waspinator, Rhinox, and Rattrap?

18. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    So he suffered from distribution issues? The reason why I ask is because everytime I would see one in stores he would vanish by the next day. Plus bigbadtoystore has him for more then retail price not clearance.

Yeah I didn't get that statement either. Beast Wars is becoming more and more availble in both toys and mythology (IDW).

19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Not relating to combiner wars but 3 beast wars figures and a new mold of a figure that was originally a beast wars figure beg to differ. My personal belief is that those four figures are a primer to test the waters for beast wars 20th anniversary which just so happens to be the year after combiner wars. Maybe generations 2016 will be beast wars focused

20. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Err, poor sales metrics...what? Did you not see three of the best Generations figures that were released this year were all Beast Wars? And quite frankly, when I walk into a store, the stuff warming the shelves is Whirl and the Minicons, not Rhinox and Rattrap.

I couldn't personally care less about the combiners, but I'm happy for all the people that are excited for them. But Beast Wars and Animated, being two of the best Transformer continuities ever created (Yes, even more than your precious G1), are sure to get more toys down the line.

Generations simply hasn't reached the point where it is far enough removed from the original Animated toys to warrant a release yet. They've only just gotten to one Armada figure and one Beast Machines figure. I'd expect them in the 2017 Gens line, for its 10th anniversary (which is when we got the first BW in Generations). Plus, the BW 20th anniversary is in 2016, which what myself and many others are hoping HasTak is waiting for to release more beasts.