Combiner Wars Devastator problems thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arcflash81, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Arcflash81

Arcflash81 Well-Known Member

Do we have an official problems thread on this guy yet?

Hope not Delete or merge this if we do, If not I can go first.

In limb mode, my Bonecrusher breaks apart where the rear cab area meets the bonecrusher arms folded up above it. The weight of the devy arm keeps seperating those two spots. Its only attached by 4 friction posts I believe. Any ideas? Would future work here?

Anyone else having this issue?

[​IMG]

Also, many loose ball joints on my figures, guessing not alone here.

2. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Mister Fanwank just mentioned that happening with Bonecrusher in his review of Bonecrusher that went up today. You could certainly try some Pledge/Future floor finish, and it would definitely do wonders for the loose ball joints.

But... wouldn't this make more sense under CW Devastator's review feedback thread?

3. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Can't say I've had that problem, my Bonecrusher pegs tightly. The most problems I've had are ball joints popping off (which are easily reattatched).

Maybe the swiveling hinge underneath isn't aligned correctly and is exerting pressure on the cab?

4. illdevised

illdevised Active Member

My takara tomy devastator is near perfect except I had to pry the peg that's supposed to hold bonecrusher with a flat head screwdriver. Now it doesn't want to sit back in place. I know something is wrong because every devastator transforming video I've seen, it appears to swing out without much effort. I want to fix it but I can't figure out how to take it apart.

5. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I haven't had any problems with CW Devy except for some loose joints in the individuals (Mixmaster's hips and Scavenger's ball-jointed shoulders, to be exact), Bonecrucher's crotch splitting, and Hook's legs not liking to stay tabbed at the top when in torso mode. Other than that, he's an excellent figure. All that he really needs is some 3p upgrades because I am not buying the UW version just to get the elbows and individual guns.

6. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I want to write up a fair review of UW Devy as is without any upgrades(assuming I bother with any) but Gren came with a split shoulder out of the box. I want to rectify this so I won't have to bode on it for the review, but I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

7. PrinceOfSweden

PrinceOfSweden Well-Known Member

This issue right here (Bonecrusher coming undone in limb mode) together with Scrappers breakage-prone tab (that secures the bucket/showel-thingy in limb mode) and of course Mixmasters new alt mode design - is what kept my from bying (CW or UW) Devastator.
    Too bad, I mean I can deal with Scavenger forming a ridiculously thin upper arm, but I can't deal with the other three issues I've mentioned. Nope.