Combiner Wars Deluxe Wave 4 at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Aug 8, 2015.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    No kidding. I can't decide if they're selling fast or it's just more don't-carry-any-stock-and-cry-about-poor-sales from my local stores. I've only managed to get one from each of the first three waves and all within the last month. Although I am irked that, once again, I've been solicited for a product coming in October (it says September but that's probably a lie) that others are getting right now.

2. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

they sell out within hours and don't get restocked cause distribution is terrible.

3. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Thanks for the [Snakeeyes] pics! :)  But I have to say: the original Generations releases are by and large superior to these! :(  Especially with how bad Iron Hide looks! :lol  I can't help but see Stunticons or rescue bots with different paint. It might have been better to do a G2 release, I mean, as these molds work fine for their intended design, imo. Applying them to a masquerade team is nice, but the execution was sloppy: you should release these as a set with a copy of the episode included!!!! :eek:  Maybe some G1 art from the episode on the box?

Instead, who the hell is going to recognize the purpose of this on shelves and not just think they have better versions of these characters already?? :confused: 

Even if your sentiment isn't 100% accurate (as some would argue), I think the general idea is important: Hasbro is really cutting corners and attempting to squeeze blood from stones. This set could have been better, I agree. A little more mold change? My packaging/presentation idea above?

They don't look like the Masquerade episode enough, and the connection has got to be tangential here, where Hasbro is sort of borrowing on that idea but not really committing to it. These are new versions of the characters and they're pretty lackluster, given how important some of these characters are (i.e. they deserve their own molds or significant mold change). I think these will shelf-warm like crazy. :/

4. ZapRowsdower

Fixed! :lol 

5. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

well. wave 1 was restocked over and over till everyone already had them. then they shelf warmed. and every wave after 1 was 1 shotted. then we finally saw wave 2 make it around everywhere. wave 3 and 4 are rare.

6. ZapRowsdower

Agreed. I'm just saying if I were a betting man, I'd put my wager on wave 1 before setting foot in the store! ;)  I was just at a Meijer's and wave 1! A lot on clearance, but not deluxe wave 1! We wanna keep those on the shelf longer! :D 

(It's like, if only there was a way for Hasbro to communicate with stores and help prevent this sort of disaster from happening EVERY YEAR! :lol  But clearly, business is teh hard and I don't understands too goods!)

How does this relate to topic of thread? Less time on repaints, more time on fixing crap distribution problems = happy customers (and retail stores)! This lackluster selection of "masquerade" bots is another waste of effort we may or may not actually see in stores.

On the bright side, I see these at $8-10 by Xmas, at a Ross or TJ Maxx! They just reek of bad sales and no-one-actually-stocked-these! :lol 

7. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agian fair enough.

E=ZapRowsdower;12831149]Thanks for the [Snakeeyes] pics! :)  But I have to say: the original Generations releases are by and large superior to these! :(  Especially with how bad Iron Hide looks! :lol  I can't help but see Stunticons or rescue bots with different paint. It might have been better to do a G2 release, I mean, as these molds work fine for their intended design, imo. Applying them to a masquerade team is nice, but the execution was sloppy: you should release these as a set with a copy of the episode included!!!! :eek:  Maybe some G1 art from the episode on the box?

Instead, who the hell is going to recognize the purpose of this on shelves and not just think they have better versions of these characters already?? :confused: 

Even if your sentiment isn't 100% accurate (as some would argue), I think the general idea is important: Hasbro is really cutting corners and attempting to squeeze blood from stones. This set could have been better, I agree. A little more mold change? My packaging/presentation idea above?

They don't look like the Masquerade episode enough, and the connection has got to be tangential here, where Hasbro is sort of borrowing on that idea but not really committing to it. These are new versions of the characters and they're pretty lackluster, given how important some of these characters are (i.e. they deserve their own molds or significant mold change). I think these will shelf-warm like crazy. :/[/QUOTE]

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Wave one ordered over and over? Tell me another.

One Fireflight at one Toys R Us and they had a clerk roaming the store looking for me because a guy who came in five minutes later asked about it. One case of Stunticons at one Walmart. One Blades and one First Aid at an independent toy store. That's it. Don't even get me started on the voyagers...a sea of Silverbolts as far as the eye can see.

This is Alternators all over again. At least Unite Warriors doesn't have the 3X markup Binaltech did.

I wonder how wave four is actually going to do. Will people who've been able to actually buy the others be bored of those molds?

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's ridiculous that the stores can't manage to get product to their own locations, obviously they are getting product from Hasbro but don't seem to understand how to send it where the shelves are empty.

10. Grapple35

Grapple35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope these won't be hard to find. I found one First Aid at a Target and had to get the rest of Wave 3 on HTS.

11. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I opened up mine this morning. Overall I like these. They are not as G1 accurate as the classics versions, but I think they are better toys than the classics. Streetwise was my favorite combiner wars figure and the Prowl surpasses him. I also really like the Ironhide more than I thought I would. As a child, I would have had a lot of fun with all these characters being combiners.

12. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

i like streetwise. what's better about prowl?

13. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup...and then they restock an older wave not the same wave they just sold out of.

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's white, black and has a Prowl head vs the grey, blue and Streetwise head of Streetwise.

Otherwise they're the same

15. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I like the brighter white on the Prowl, and the Metallic blue paint details on the legs. He's got a really nice head sculpt as well.

16. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are people saying wave 1 of CW are shelf warming? I've barely seen them in stores, found wave 2 a few times, only the voyager of wave 3.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That is so annoying. I'm so tired of the first wave.

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Let's see....pass, pass, pass, and pass. Bunch of crap.

19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The only warming I've seen of CW is Leader Megs (mostly Armada).

Otherwise *thhhhpppt* most anywhere but TRU (where I'm assuming prices are why they hang around)

20. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully this means my pre-order of Wave 4 with a popular e-tailer will ship soon...