Combiner Wars Cyclonus (Galvatronus)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

What partsforming?

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The little fins. You have to move them around between modes: forearms in robot mode, under the fists in jet mode, then back on the forearms (now upper legs) in torso mode.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You don't have to move them to the hands. He's a space ship, so he could have downward-pointing fins.

4. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Moving 2 little fins really isn't parts forming; no worse than attaching hands and feet

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Err... you don't detach and reattach hands and feet on modern Transformers, unless you're talking about combiner hands and feet. So yes, moving two parts from one place to another is partsforming. Weapons don't count.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    He has molded rear wheels that wouldn't touch the ground if you were to do that. Accept it: (minor) design flaw. I think I'll just put them aside.

Also, too bad they couldn't come up with a new weapon for this one like they did for Motormaster.

7. Nightviper1115

Nightviper1115 Well-Known Member

I just picked up a Cyclonus and I love the bloody thing! Silverbolt never looked impressive enough for me to get him but this version works so much better IMHO. The colors are gorgeous and the terrible under-carriage can at least be justified as being part of a space vehicle that is not subject to the laws of aerodynamics, so that's why he beats Silverbolt for me.

The gun and fins are both disappointing but I've found some ways to work with them to make them decent. In vehicle mode, I split the gun in two. The small shield piece stays in the normal spot under the nosecone and is small enough that it doesn't look too out of place. Plus the shape of the shield kind of follows the angle of the nosecone above it so that it compliments the shape of the vehicle. As for the big barrel, I've found that the hollow bits on the underside are just the right size to fit snugly over top of the vertical tab at the very back of the jet that is used to hold the nosecone in robot mode. This allows the gun to rest on top of the jet, albeit slightly off-center, and it doesn't stick out too far upwards or backwards. So that gives you all the armament without totally killing the look of the jet.

In robot mode I like to use the two pieces separately as arm weapons, so I can't use the fins on the forearms. So, one fin gets plugged into the top of the shield while the other gets plugged into the port which connects the barrel and shield; it fits in very securely and adds some detail to the barrel.

Combiner mode is awesome as well and is leaps and bounds above Motormaster. Even though all of the excellent fan mods can get him workable, I still found my copy to be too fragile due to some lousy ratchets, so I've fired him from my Stunticons and replaced him with Cyclonus. The effect is wonderful; they look great together and all of the joints are stiff enough to do their job. If anyone is looking to make this your Decpticon torso of choice until Bruticus shows up, you can't go wrong.

8. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    How awesome would Sweep limbs be??

9. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Well the galvatron head will go to a spare leader megatron

10. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    never say Never! :D 

Matrix!! :eek: 
    Awesome idea!!

Matrix, yes!
    I'd keep him purple, but a darker shade than CW Cyclonus.

11. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Originally Posted by combaticonsfrvr
    "Just had the most random but cool idea for this guy's limbs:
    we already want sweeps, buuuuut remember Cyclonus's armada? Retool an aerialbot (probably skydive) to look like Cyclonus as well, then change the colors to match the Sweeps and call him Armada Sweep."

My Galvatronus is 3 Skydives and Alpha Bravo currently. I am thinking about picking up another Skydive or 2 Air Raids to give him all jet limbs. 2 of each Skydive and Air Raid would be a wicked combo.

12. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Finally opened mine that I ordered on memorial day weekend.

This is one awesome bot! I threw the stunticon limbs on him and it looked glorious. Especially with the PE Hands and feet.

9/10 would transform again.

13. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

They would be pretty neat.

I do want to see him have limbs made out of Rook and Brawl.

14. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I got this a couple of weeks back and honestly believe it is a very underrated figure. I love it, just for being its own thing completely.

I have popped up a review at the Masterforce blog, if anyone wants to check it out :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Staff Edit:

8. No Website Advertising or Personal Ads

Any posts or threads solely to promote a website or store, Transformers related or not, will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own web endeavors such as review sites. You may place a link in your signature. The more you contribute to threads, the more exposure your site will get. If you wish to share your reviews, please post the entire content in the review here (text, video, pics, etc) for the community to interact with. Links to the source can then be placed at the end of the content. Personal ads looking for roommates, dates or “vote for me in this contest” will also be removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
  15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i'm really bummed there's been no mention/rumor of a set of limbs for him. I might join the TFCC subscription service and use that team of deluxes (although they picked really poor mold choices for the jets), 'cuz at least the digibash they did of bludgeon looked pretty terrible. Then the combined form could dual-wield the combined double Targetmasters :p 

16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Ideal set would be 4 Sweeps for limbs, and his commander size figure turns into the orange cannon for his arm.

They do THAT..and this figure would be one of the hottest in all of CW

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Call it blasphemy, but I am attaching all of the exclusive old-school figures like slingshot and wildrider, and anyone else who comes out to Galvatron. The story in my house will be that he stole these members from those teams, and they had to recruit new members because of it.

18. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    that'd be so amazing.

LOL, that's pretty good actually.

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    y no like button

20. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I've been sitting here for a week pondering how four Blast-Offs would look on this guy...