Combiner Wars Computron Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I reckon the retooling budget finally ran out. Given the fact there simply were no plans for Computron around when they first planned out the Voyager to now...

It was probably a case where they could retool only so much

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it deserves blue text. I agree with videriant, Lightsteed is easily the worst figure in this set. Heck, even his name is misspelled. Sheesh!

3. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

For me if I wanted a Superion head and torso I'd go buy a second Silver bolt, because the colors are better to me than on Scattershot. I much prefer an accurate Computron torso, I'm not buying a Superion 2.0 I want a true Computron, toy or toon version...Hasbro is basically mostly neither and the Takara is basically almost toon, so, it's UW for me.

I may get the Hasbro set for the hands and feet, and either sell the bots or give my Son a second combiner. He has extra HFGs from spare bots he has lying around.

Adding "to me" goes a long way...

To me, the Hasbro set has zero on the Takara set. But that's not to say if you like it I have an issue with it. Buy which one you like.

4. Antz

Antz Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This makes me feel so much better about wanting to get both. Scattershot aside, the four limbs can be considered different characters altogether.

5. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    And this is why Betatron and Computron will co-exist happily on my shelf :D 

Still, I would've preferred if three of those limbs did not diminish the unique heads Streetwise, Brawl, Groove already have.

6. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I did not actually notice the head on Afterburner until now.
    I'm pretty sure part of the problem does have to do with schedules for Hasbro. In person I do feel Computron looks good; much better than it does in pictures although Scrounge is rather neon.
    I do feel Hasbro did a decent job on Strafe; in alt mode at least it looks pretty good (the stock photography doesn't quite do it justice.)
    Lightspeed's I do admit ended up rather terrible and is easily the biggest disappointment of the set; I'll concede that the Lancia Stratos tooling did end up looking quite good.
    Ultimately I do prefer Takara's but I do feel Hasbro's looks quite nice and anyone who picks it up will like it for the most part.

7. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Okay, Lightspeed doesn't look bad after all. Still might get Takara's Computron because it does so much more. My wallet is going to hate me.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'd like for Scrounge's Targetmaster companion to be Telus or Rotorbolt from the same issue.

No, its bad. A bad repaint of the mold and a bad representation of Lightspeed.

They're not going to remold every head for every use of the toy as a different character. Some will share heads. And Groove hasn't been repainted so its not as if the Groove head has been overused.

9. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a combiner, Hadbro's version isn't bad per se, but as Computron there's no comparison. The CW Technobots don't look like the Technobots (Maybe scattershot). This just locked in my Unite Warriors pre order.

10. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    strafe is the only one I like in this set. takara wins by a leaps and bounds in my book.

11. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Okay...TIME TO CROSS-COMPARE!

CW Afterburner uses Groove's head. If I was getting Groove I'd be upset. However, that and the colors makes him totally different from UW Afterburner. So they're even, moving on.

CW Strafe uses the Air Raid mold to become a flight-ready technowedge! Unless you're racist towards technowedges there's no problem. UW Strafe uses a mold we'll apparently never get to try really hard to be a convincing space gunship plane thing, and succeeds.

CW Lightspeed is a new head on a toy I like, bringing that shotgun I like around one more time. UW Lightspeed is a new head on the version of a toy I liked with a pair of new weapons I like. Granted this mold (IMHO) had always needed a small fix on his hip joint, and they STILL left part of his faux windshield unpainted! 10 Points to CW House.

CW Nosecone is the Brawl mold retooled cleverly to look built for ramming. Never owned Brawl; always thought the robot looked funny. UM Nosecone is the Rook mold retooled brilliantly to look built for destroying. Unless I'm severely missing out on Brawl, UM flat out wins this one, however, being totally different toys is still a pure win.

THIS CW Scattershot is a nice redeco of the old CW Scattershot, right down to that stupid gun I always hated and possibly Superion's rubbery ears. Hopefully Perfect Effect's replacement head stays in better. UM Scattershot has new tooling (for him and Computron) and better guns. That's about it.

CW gets new standalone hands and feet with angle tilts. They also get Scrounge (and his dear little friend) for the first time in plastic using the excellent Cosmos mold. UM uses a mixed up selection of the hand/foot guns. Fortunately, Perfect Effect is making a set with the superior version of their hand/foot arsenal.

This is THE most double-dip friendly combiner out there. If you have the scratch, get both and have a grand ole time. If not, neither of them seem particularly weak, so track down the one you know you'll miss.

12. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

I'm thinking of repurposing some of these guys into the new Rescue Force.. Drill tank? Check. Sports car? Check. Need a tank with grabby claws now...

13. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

Computron

OK, (takes deep breath, exhales).... To me.... Very important to add, I agree... To me, Lightsteed is really pretty sad. And weak... And poorly done. Afterburner/breaker is kind of a no-win in either the CW or UW set. Nosecone's drill is ultra pathetic (in my harsh, but humble opinion), but the tread arms in bot mode are nice. Hasbro's Strafe really suprised me in a good way, however he is a little bit "bricky" in alt mode. Scattershot goes either way... Both are decent. I don't prefer a faceplate on my Computron, though. Hasbro has the nice hands and feet, but for those folks going with Takara, that can be remedied easily.
    Now, I appologize to all the Scrounge lovers right now, but like I said before in the UW Computicon thread.. He has fat hands!!! I appreciate the thought Hasbro, but to me.... This isnt the Scrounge that I would like after waiting almost what, 30 or so years? Sorry, I am only expressing my opinion and Im not lookin for a fight... Just putting it out there for discussion. Scrounge is a difficult figure to make into a reality, but I will be waiting for something I feel is a better rendition. (Perhaps a larger version of FOC Blaster's data disks might translate better.. At least from my

14. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Wow, up until this point I was happy with Hasbro's offerings on combiners; the differences in paint being fairly minor, even preferring the Hasbro versions of Hotspot and Dragstrip and Bruticus. I liked Offroad and Rook (Alpha Bravo, meh) and jet Blastoff! Having said that, the Hasbro Computron is complete trash. This is really disappointing to see as I have zero doubt we will see an Abominus and Predaking in the next couple years and having Hasbro cut corners on those seems more likely now. Titans Returns looks like it's going to be better, but lack of paint on figures like Blurr shows they are still willing to let things slip by.

If anyone wants to sell me the new hands/feet that's would be great, or I'd be willing to buy Hasbro's and sell off the rest for like $70.

15. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

"My point of view", was what I wanted on the end of my
    last post.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wat

17. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

What do you "wat"? I like the mold. Each time I saw it, the fact they used it was a point in it's favor. The only time it truly bothered me was Smokescreen, when they did literally nothing from Prowl.

18. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    ok well if anyone does want to sell their Scrounge and can ship to the UK dont be afraid to pm me.

19. glazios

glazios Mad, Mad Bastard

Facebook:
    Wow, Hasbro dropped that ball and kicked it under the bus. I was already booked in for a UW preorder, and this bunch of almost straight-up repaints has definitely not convinced me I called it wrong. Takara and TFYuki seriously got the jump on this...

20. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Lightsteed reusing the Streetwise head is what he's referring to.