Combiner Wars Bruticus COMBINED! In-hand Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T3store, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

In case you missed it to the person I was actually quoting, and the post of mine you quoted...My main and original point was simply that they had this planned out from the start of this line that they had time to make Blast Off mold as G1 as possible and not some jet repaint. I'm not getting into can they can't they stuff here, I'm stating whatever they have coming has been planned, whether or not the figure has been made yet or not. I personally don't care about all the can they, should they, could they shit, never my point.

However... You'd think the thin small frame of a Motorcycle having 3 modes would be harder to pull off and have QC issues arise than a thicker Space vehicle.

And to be honest, originally I made a simple statement about Takara having one planned for a while now, one to which you didn't even have to reply to, you are making it a bigger deal than anyone.

I've said all I need to on this for what my original point was, if you feel you must continue, by all means.

2. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just want to point out a thick-ass tank combiner limb that came out recently that can't even tab it's waist in place as intended.

That was certainly unexpected.

3. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

It was, and for whatever reason they still released it however, albeit really unfortunately, but that's also Hasbro... Maybe Takara has fixed it, I mean they did wonders for the articulation of Devastator. Time will tell on that one as we still have a while yet until we'll see his release.

4. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Agreed. Blast Off is my main problem, but if they were able to make Vortex a bit more G1 and give him the classic 4 rotors I'd be very happy with that.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Onslaught, I'm not trying to start a fight, I just wanna clear the air.

But I think you're not giving Takara enough credit. Yuki's first tweet showing off a G1 Groove on G1 Bruticus was in July, and we got a sketch of it and an idea of what the team is trying to work with in translating the G1 to modern toy.

Assuming they started working on Blast Off in August, that still has been four months that this figure has been worked on. We know that Grand Galvatron is due out in April, and we know it's more or less done. So let's assume that UW Bruticus is Summer 2016. That will give Takara something like 8 months for it to be worked on.

Do you honestly believe that Takara is going to work on something for 8 months and not have anything to show for it? Trust me, I know what you're getting at, but I can hardly believe that NO ONE can get a satisfactory shuttle blast off figure in almost a whole year. Hell, I'm no designer but I can already think of a way that you can get a good Blast Off transformation and still keep it as a space shuttle.

The fact of the matter is that talented designers can design a super complex 3rd Party figure in a few months. I don't see why Takara couldn't.

And again, I said this before...Takara has a specific goal in mind. I **CANNOT** fathom why they would release a half baked Bruticus. I cannot stress this enough. They will have about 8 months to have worked on it, I would imagine, to hit a June release at the earliest. Again, what time frame do they really have? Titan Wars isn't hitting the US until Fall, and we can assume that Takara will be releasing theirs a month or two after that. So the reality there is ample time for them to get a space shuttle that everyone wants to have.

And yes, it's abundantly clear but at least for me, nostalgia is important. If I didn't care about nostalgia, I wouldn't be buying Transformers, PERIOD. So yes, a shuttle Blast Off is hugely important as it is part of the criteria of why I buy Transformers.

6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Takara can easily nail a CW Blastoff I would think.

Ive been thinking on how they might do it though, and they might have a little trouble giving the gestalt arm-mode a full range of motion at the shoulder since Blastoff's arms will be right above the combiner port.

7. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    look, if UW Bruticus comes with a shuttle blastoff, I know what to do with Hasbro's blastoff... he goes on Hasbro's galvatronus with offroad and alpha bravo.

if I could get UW groove separately, I still wouldn't put him on defensor... but he'd complete my Hasbro galvatronus.

speaking of which - UW galvatronus looks sooooo tempting, but not at the current price... anyone know when places like Anime-Export or the like will get UW galvatronus and UW bruticus up for preorder?

8. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    I would make blastoff's arms like CW sunstreakers... making up the sides of the shuttle, folding back on themselves.

9. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
    They wont, Grand Galvatron is a ttmall exclusive in Japan and thus no other Japan retailer can sell him. Every copy sold outside japan is of the asia release which is a different and pricier release. That has been the same with all UW Combiners since Devastator. I sure hope that isnt the case with Bruticus but it is not looking good.

Also, from the sketch, it seems Takara is going for a very g1 look to Blastoff (big surprise) and his arms are made up of the shuttle front.

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Same here. Sorry if I made you feel like I was tryin to start somethin.

Fair enough, fair enough.

11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

They definitely could, I just figured they would want to keep the original G1
    toy look, where the nose of the shuttle becomes the arms?

12. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    got a link for me on the grand galvatronus versions, so I don't muck this thread up with questions not pertaining to bruticus? all I've seen are the images BBTS has up...

also, keep in mind AE had UW sets of menasor and superion, as well as UW devastator... but they also had the TTMall version of grand prime... that's why I asked about the grand galvatronus.

Transformers Unite Warriors UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime TakaraTomyMall Exclusive

13. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of building Hasbro Galvatronus up with 'abandoned' combiner members, consisting of Alpha Bravo, Offroad, Rook, Take Off, and Legends Groove.

14. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    you mean like this? (last pic)

also, I absolutely love that Hasbro is giving us combiners based on G1, hence my running collection... but lets not forget, they're classics renditions - not true G1 carbon copies... slight deviation is fine with me, including only 2 blades on vortex, swindle being a haphazard dunebuggy-thing, etc...

first pic, just showing how I used legends groove as wild-west looking sherrif chaps on optimus... I still don't have hotspot yet... kinda not missing him either ATM.

Attached Files:

15. Autoboty

News Credits:
    Sorta, only if he had Rook and Take Off as arms and found a way to smush Groove into his chest.

16. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Yeah at this point I think that *anything* Takara does differently with Blast Off, anything at all, would likely be an improvement. It's SO bad. Change the head and it's already much better, and even a retooled Firefly or Alpha Bravo that just look a bit more space-alt like would be an improvement. Anything that shows /any kind of effort at all/ would be an improvement from CW BO, sadly.

Of course yes, I'm hoping for a shuttle.

17. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some more pictures of bruticus from Daim Choc`s facebook,thought I would post for the non-facebook users
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Autoboty

News Credits:
    Y'know, looking at them seperately I always thought FP Colossus was the cooler bot. Now that I see them side to side, CW Bruticus is way cooler, way beefier, and much more Scramblable.

19. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    suppose they are all pretty cool in their own right ,I think with the introduction of CW bruticus being produced with more modern engineering compared to him it sort of suppresses colossus however regardless colossus has its charm :) 

20. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    That's why I have 5 colossus still :D 

But that shockwave.... sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.