Combiner Wars Bruticus COMBINED! In-hand Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T3store, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Eh. Still waiting for Takara. Am I alone in thinking that it's Hasbro's take on the torso that looks really bland here? There's not a lot of color variation and the colors that are there don't really look good. The grey could serve to be a bit darker if you ask me.

Oh and since it's mentioned...I really don't give a damn what "makes sense." Blast Off is, and has always been an armed space shuttle. Says so in his own tech specs, if you're so inclined to read it. Brownshot is utterly unacceptable and I'm sure Takara will have a better set, as they've done with every other combiner anyways.

2. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    Those comic book covers are amazing.Can't wait for UW version though.

3. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

:thumb 

see I could deal with the paint apps if I didn't have to deal with the fact that instead of a Space Shuttle I have to use a plane. And sorry I'm just not super fond of using a plane in place of Blast Off I'll still get Hasbro's version because I still need Decepticons and having a Plane to hang around with Cyclonus isn't a bad idea.

it's a shame Hasbro were winning Combiner Wars (for me anyway) up until they decided they weren't gonna make Groove a limb at all and that Blast Off would be a lazy repaint of Slingshot. I also think that Takara's paint apps are going to be better this time than Hasbro's.

Added insult to a missing Space Shuttle limb is the fact they decided to make Sky Lynx as a torso....

4. gamewiz1

gamewiz1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really hope they do. As it is right now, there are more Torso figures than limb ones, so we need them to focus on some new Autobot Limbs. I've just received the new set, so I've got those ready for the Ultra Prime or whatever they call the new white prime coming soon. But since I got the extra's for Superion and Menasor, I've now got Alpha bravo and Offroad needing a team to belong to:)  Now that they have so many of the new waves coming as full teams, it leaves those figures which were added to the original waves out of place, since I bought Quickslinger and was it Dead End? Starting out with teams with new bots made it tuff on those of us buying the Takara replacements. I can use Defensors new character, since I've ordered the Unite Warriors Defensor, to get Groove, so that leaves me with Rook? Need one more misfit to have a team for someone else:) 

5. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Methinks the turret can slide back by a groove going down the middle of the vehicle.

SWINDLE LIVES

6. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    I like the silver/gray on Onslaught, but i'm now worried how they are going to sell 2 versions of him and keep things straight online.... Finding him in store would be great, but i've had 0 luck finding newer Voyager waves in stores (bought ALL the voyagers online from various places, so i'm all good thru Battle Core Prime wave).

As for Blast Off.... i was hoping they'd change the head, but i guess not... I still think that EVENTUALLY in 2016 Hasbro will do an online-only special release of Takara deluxe Groove and CORRECT Blast Off, but if i'm wrong, i'm hoping some 3P group will do an upgrade of JUST Blast Off's head.

(Plus if Hasbro does release them as specials, we'll have 4 'misfits' to do a custom combiner with! My Cyclonus or Grand Scourge could use 4 misfits to press-gang into a combiner!)

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Simply out of curiosity, do you have the same problems with the many, many other times Classics has done this, like making Megatron a Nerf Gun and a tank, Perceptor a tank, Scourge a stealth bomber, etc?

8. gamewiz1

Ebay:
    lol:) 

9. gamewiz1

Ebay:
    I wish I was that creative:)  I waste all my talent on making pc's, never was able to do anything that took talent;)  That figure looks totally factory made, from the pics, you can't tell he's custom, that's awesome. Maybe you can begin making more and offering them here for sale on Ebay or something similar, because for the people who really want a shuttle, he's pretty awesome:) 

10. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

You're maybe my equal. Maybe.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the Combaticons are wave 5 then?

12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Meh....from a quality perspective it reminds me of one of those previous Bay-former figures. It's stumpy, the hands look stupid, it has protruding arm joints, the gun looks terrible...

The only good thing it has going for it is the "NEW FACTOR". We've been given the same deluxe repaints/remolds so long that we're happy at this point to receive anything different! (Passed on Rook because he's crap!)

If this figure was released with the 3 Aerialbots earlier this year instead of Dragstrip it would've been the weakest one of that wave.

Just saying....

13. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

This guy is probably going to wind up being my favorite Combiner Wars figure.

14. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone find a pic of Brawl with his turret turned? I can't and am starting to suspect it's fixed pointing forward

16. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, December/Jan.

Hopefully some preorders soon.

17. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Brawl looks awesome, and I concur that pre-orders should hopefully go up soon.

18. Shokwayve

Shokwayve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Brawl looks good...also nice to see a new mold coming through the line.
    Maybe a Guzzle and/or Quake repaints are down the road?

19. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the kind words ole blast off has been my favorite for some time now :)  I have been considering as of late maybe trying putting a few customs up .

20. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Aw snap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.