Combiner Wars Bruticus COMBINED! In-hand Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T3store, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he was referring exclusively to a space shuttle not fitting into the theme of modern military vehicles, not so much the theme of the Combaticons being a military squad.

2. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That would be awesome.

3. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I gets easier to ignore the debates as to shuttle vs jet as time goes on. I personally feel it's gotta be shuttle, but boy doesn't Bruticus look awesome as a whole? He sure does.

My entire viewpoint on matters is this: cartoon first, G1 toy second, and third "I'll take whatever I can get". We know that many MPs aren't accurate to one or the other, but there's always fans who can enjoy them. I found this with the new Hasbro Starscream MP. But I won't support CW Bruticus, and it's not because I'm whining or anything, it's just that a) Blast Off was a shuttle in the cartoon and b) he was a shuttle in the G1 toy.

If Unite Warriors wasn't around, I'd support CW Bruticus under c) "I'll take what I can get" :) 

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

For Blast-Off's shuttle not being military themed (at least for me), I think to the C-130 Hercules. Originally designed for cargo and transport. Eventually the thing was outfitted (among other things) as the AC-130 gunship some might be more familiar with. Now, it's a bit different in that the cargo version is still military based, versus a space shuttle which isn't. But the concept of taking something that was not meant to fight and repurposing it because its design effectively allows for it makes me go straight to the "orbital sniper" format that is Blast-Off.

And, okay, you can then argue that if you mount a mini-gun on an ice cream truck, it effectively does the same thing. I would say you would likely try and find a much better vehicle to mount that mini-gun to. A space shuttle that makes orbit (and beyond) being weaponized makes sense on its own--the idea of utilizing the vehicle's specific ability in an effective way. I can see that being a military-themed vehicle quite easily.

On that note, I'm not entirely against Blast-Off being a jet instead. Being a harrier that is barely sonic and a medium ceiling leaves the character coming up a bit short. Plus, yeah, wrong head. Granted, the other molds are an F-14 and an amalgam that is some kind of twin-tailed, stealth-paneled F-16 thing (with arms that transform way out to <--there-->). If that was the way they were going, he wouldn't look much better as one of the other two.

Me? I'm taking to the Takara hints that we'll get the shuttle version from Takara, so I'll likely be buying that set. I guess, at the end of it, whatever makes people happy. If Tak pulls it off, I know I'll be happy. :) 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

it sort of reminds me of Cybertron Sky Shadow being Jetfire in disguise.

6. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well my plan is to see what takara is doing.I want a blast off shuddle.even if they don't remake him, I might get them anyways. I had to search for a while for all of the stunticons. It was a pain so getting all the combaticons in one go would be awesome in my book.

7. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

These guys look great. They'll look even better when Takara pushes them out in an RiD Commandos color scheme. Movor was only ever a shuttle. Period.

8. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
  9. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

It'd kind of annoy me to learn that Alpha Bravo was Vortex the entire time because of those people, including me, who want to/have bought an Autobot. There's also those who completed Superion using him.

I do like the idea of them being counterparts like one's the Nemesis to the other's Optimus, however.

10. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Odds are that if, on the off chance, Takara's version doesn't include a shuttle, some other companies will most likely take up the mantle.

11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Even if Takara doesn't do a Blast Off, I am willing to bet the color choices and paint apps will be more preferable to me. Like an all silver head for Bruticus for starters.

12. GreyRouge

GreyRouge The Master of Motors!

News Credits:
    They could have made Blast-Off into a bomber plane which to me would make more sense bringing the heavy artillery, but that's just my opinion.
    Kind of similar to this
    [​IMG]

13. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

That's one thing I never really understood, why Starscream completely changed Blast Off, Vortex, and Onslaught's altmodes. I mean, Onslaught I can kind of understand, because who wants two jeeps? It would be like Victorion with the two frigging helicopters. But torso plane Blast Off and single-prop Vortex would have been okay.

14. G1 Warpath

G1 Warpath Well-Known Member

This is what I'm talking about. If it's not G1, Transformers is RUINED FOREVER, right? Alpha Bravo? RUINED FOREVER! Offroad? RUINED FOREVER! Rook? RUINED FOREVER! Blast Off? RUINED FOR-wait what? You guys are getting your "precious" G1 characters and yet you're still complaining?

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

They never make bomber alt. modes smaller than Voyager class.

Because the toys were designed first and the only point of Starscream digging up vehicles from 1943 was purely for material in building the Combaticons?

Why are you complaining about them complaining about an argument since time immemorial?

16. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Energon barricade is my favorite non g1 combaticons I would like to see an onslaught redeco of him and poof Energon maximus

17. G1 Warpath

G1 Warpath Well-Known Member

Because I don't see a 1 in Generations. It's par of CHUG, and we all know that CHUG updates characters. Let me say that again: it UPDATES. Which means that they might not use the G1 altmodes. They took away Slingshot, Wildrider and Groove, characters that didn't matter until they replaced them with other characters. Seriously, there were like, two episodes centered around the Aerialbots, but other than that, they were background characters. The Stunticons were the same, two episodes, but then they got bumped to the background. And sure, maybe Slingshot had a personality. In one episode. Wildrider was crazy, but they only showed that part of him in one episode. And Groove had the least personality out of all of them! The Combaticons were lucky enough to have more than two episodes centered around them, but they still had minimal personality. Onslaught was smart, Brawl was trigger happy and ******ed, but I don't recall Blast Off and Vortex having personality. And now that you guys got your Blast Off, you're still not happy. The Combaticons were only around to be Bruticus, and that's it. That's why I'm complaining.

18. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Generations IDW Megatron notwithstanding, of course.

And if Powerglide can be a minibot, it could be done. Not that I even really want it. For as in love with the Alpha Bravo mold as they seem to be I can't believe they didn't retool that one as in some customs over in the Radicon section.

19. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I am going to repurpose the Hasbro blast off as blitzwing :)  night ops blitzwing it is

20. mizuki088

mizuki088 Well-Known Member

Takaratomy is more on G1.
    If they have the budget for DX Groove, they will definitely have the budget for DX Blast Off as Shuttle.
    Hasbro may be rush the toy to general markets or being a lab rat for Takaratomy.

Seeing how 3rd parties could come up with better arms/leg, I also want to see Takaratomy could do the same as accessories. (I know they will not be useful in robot/vehicle mode.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.