Combiner Wars Bruticus COMBINED! In-hand Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T3store, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Well ... let's say you could choose right now with a wave of your magic wand (not that one, put that away) to have an Onslaught with non-Hotspot back cannons, a sonic stun gun for Bruticus, a new space shuttle mould for Blast-Off and a new Seasprite copter mould for Vortex.

Wouldja wave the wand? Huh? Huh? Wouldja? ;) 

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    So having an unpainted testshot in hand, it looks like we won't get silver guns. The Bruticus chest looks to be molded separetly. The wheels, handguns, and Bruticus head look to be molded with the legs. Since the only color that's changing is the Brutius chest molded sections, the guns should/will always be black (for CW, I am sure UW will do something about it)

Hope I am wrong about it.

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    If I had a magic wand I could wave to get what I want...there are things I'd be asking for before a G1 accurate Bruticus. Or Transformers in general really.

And I'm not sure why that question is even relevant. If there *was* a CW or Generations toy I could conjure out of the ether regardless of the realty of costs or demand I can guarantee you it wouldn't be Bruticus.

*gestures towards avatar/title*

4. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Looking back a few pages it was actually another member laughing but you called one of my statements moronic . So yeah you stirred the pot and cease now ,? Lol omg thanks for that one laughing made me feel a little better . If you don't care for the 3p or Hasbro versions why are you wasting your time in this thread to begin with? ...
    Dam I can't wait for this wave. seeing the packaged pics sent my addiction meter off the scale other than seekers I have never bought multiples of anything until now

5. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    First off congrats on winning the auction secondly please pretty please post some pics in the cw appreciation thread ? :) 

6. Oshboggy

You're avoiding the hypothetical ... you know it, I know it. And I think you know also exactly why the question is relevant, hence the avoidance :) 

7. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Called your post moronic?? Seriously kid, get over yourself :lol 

How about you at least try some accuracy? I said "ignorant", not "moronic". More importantly, I called the post, not the poster, ignorant. You yourself stated you went by word of mouth instead of personal experience. Nice try with the false accusation, AGAIN. If you can't keep the facts correct then don't bother responding.

Many are content with CW Brut, many others (be them official and/or 3p supporters alike) are not. They are each entitled to their own opinion. None are incorrect in stating their tastes and preferences.

8. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    Did they reveal takara version too?

9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    No. It's irrelevant.

"If you could have anything you wanted, would you take it?"

Who would say no? Especially when there's no penalty to getting it.

Do I "want" perfectly G1 accurate Combiner Wars alt-modes and colors: Sure. That'd be cool.

Does that mean I "need" them: No.

Does that mean Hasbro "should" do them: No.

Why? Because I don't care. Because the toys, even as they are, are a ton of fun. And all the more power to Hasbro for coming up with ways to make the different molds work. My favorite team so far is Maximus and I am beyond thrilled for Sky Reign next year.

All the while keeping my fingers crossed that we get either Trypticon or Big Purple Griffin in one last Decepticon wave. And trying desperately to start saving money now for the inevitable 2016 Botcon Combiner Team (which has a very good chance of being vehicular Maximals).

And at the same time, I'm pissed that I don't have a spare $400 laying around to buy Thunder Mayhem. Or Impactor and the 7th figure.

If you want my genuinely honest response, though...If Combiner Wars had been entirely new teams with a mix of new/re-used molds I would've loved that just as much if not more than what we have now.

Because so many fans have digibashed amazing ideas for combiner teams that I'm sad we'll likely never see those because Hasbro focused more on classic teams and only scattered in a few "new" faces here and there.

TLDR: Be careful what you wish for. If I had that magic wand you suggested none of you would've likely even seen the G1 teams we got.

Attached Files:

10. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Basically all this. And do we WANT 100% G1-accurate toys? The toys and show models were all boxy and bland, I'm glad modern toys give them a more organic aesthetic and not the "man in suit" syndrome so many cartoon models had.

11. Constructor

Constructor Man of Mystery

I can't wait to see the alternate version of Bruticus
    so I can pick and choose the best ones for a supreme
    Bruticus!

12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Only way it'd be cooler is if Onslaught had a voice chip that said "BROO...TEE...CUS..." over and over.

13. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Re: Brut, I think he looks pretty good. I don't mind the mold choices that much. I actually like the look of Onslaught's alt mode, I think the front-to-back switch is clever and gives it a lot more life than just taking the ladder off. I still don't know which color I prefer, the silver or the brown. Will probably buy whichever is available first. Could possibly double dip since I do like this mold. Don't want to pick up Scattershot if they make him a wave-mate (frigging BBTS/TFS only selling the wave....)

Re: Takara
    Not into Takara price points. Think they look great. Don't think they're worth what BBTS etc charge, particularly when I do think ankle pivots etc are REQUIRED for large figures, making a PE or Noneff purchase mandatory for me. While lack of foot/hand/waist articulation is acceptable at a ~90$ price point for a whole combiner, once you crest the $200 level I want more. Especially since I don't care for the combiner weapons of any of these sets except Superion's and Menasor's.

Re: G1
    Don't care for G1 models, they were restricted by the technology of the day in both toy and cartoon format. Like the ideas and characters, not hung up on models. Most combiner limbs were not important characters. Am not fussed by reshuffling teams.

re: Hasbro/Takara Menasor vs FP M3: I own both. Hasbro Menasor is a floppy mess, even the PE set can't rescue it (the A-stance is extreme). M3 is not nice on the hands, something about that plastic and those molds combines to make for an unpleasant transformation experience. It's beautiful, but unforgiving. Repeated transformations break it in and make things easier to manage, but it's questionable. I personally like it overall, but I certainly understand the critics and feel overall its one of the weaker FP products.

re: Hasbro vs 3P
    Everybody needs to tone down some of the rhetoric. Yes, there are fragile 3P pieces (PE Aranea, FP M3). There are also 3P pieces you could use to beat someone to death and would still transform afterwards (MMC Feral Rex, FansToys). There are fragile Hasbro pieces (Waspinator), mis-engineered Hasbro pieces (Blitzwing), and dope-ass Hasbro pieces no 3P will ever really touch (Springer). There are great Masterpiece figures (MP10), bad Masterpiece figures (Megatron, Rodimus), and mediocre Masterpiece figures (MP3/11, MP8).

Price is a legitimate concern; 3P is a lot more money than CHUG figues. But well within MP ranges. Knowing your own budget and how to handle your own money is important. But just because something is too much money for you doesn't mean its too much money for somebody else. I would never buy a luxury car, personally, because driving is just not that important to me. Mercedes ain't getting my money; doesn't mean they put out crap.

Try to avoid sweeping generalizations, and try to avoid stating opinions as facts. Actually typing out "in my opinion" or "for my taste" is very helpful, instead of implying it and assuming everyone will pick up on it. The Internet is bad at conveying tone. Be explicit when you write. Put out flame wars before they start. Be excellent to each other.

14. Oshboggy

It's relevant to this "I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want proper back cannons and a sonic stun gun for Onslaught. And a proper Blast-off. And a Vortex who isn't another lazy recolour" (the "I Can't Imagine")

That wasn't the hypothetical.

Mmm-hmm. That's good enough for me in respect of the I Can't Imagine.

That wasn't the hypothetical either. Never thought for a second that you would "need" them.

What Hasbro shouldn't do, is be lazy. Or cheap. Not being either would have given us either some more G1-ish stuff, or new stuff. I'd prefer the former, apparently you'd prefer the latter. But either would be better than lazy and cheap.

Fun things can be more G1. Then they'd be fun and G1. Obviously you may not derive as much mileage from "more G1" as I would, but allow me to refer you again to "what Hasbro shouldn't do".

Depends on how you want to view the mould reuse, I suppose. I'm not oblivious to the cost advantages derived from milking the moulds; G1 and every line thereafter was/has been full of recolours. But there's a balance to be struck and what's gone on in Combiner Wars can IMO sometimes only be described a lazy and cheap. Maximus (that's the "Autobot Menasor/sort-of-Masquerade" right?) is lazy. And cheap. Sky Reign is fine though; new mould and all. I'll buy him even if he's lost the Puma mode/Duocon gimmick.

Yep, see again "what Hasbro shouldn't do" :D 

The wand is simply a delivery system for the hypothetical, which you really, really seem to be missing the point of ... never mind, never mind :tongue: 

15. Oshboggy

If you think for one moment that the above is what the much-maligned Geewunners want (or most of us, at the least), then I really don't know what to say except - we don't. Speaking for myself, I'd like "lazy and cheap" to be replaced by "not lazy and not cheap", preferably manifesting itself in a G1 representation of some sort. For example, an accessory. Or motif. Or deco, detailing. Or nod to the toy or toon perhaps. Not some literally-walked-off-the-Sunbow-toon Engineer General Devastator toy.

16. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Yeah. I just want something I recognize as at least resembling the G1 character. Like with Blast Off. I would *love* a modern update of his G1 toy/look. Ideally it would look a lot like the 80s version but be made with 2015 technology and articulation. He'd have those 3 holes (vents? windows? what are they?) in his chest and the space shuttle alt mode or something that at least looks space-age-ish like an orbital drone or something. But it doesn't even HAVE to be that. FoC Blast Off and Warbotron-not-Blast Off are not particularly G1-ish, yet I can look at both of those toys/designs and get a "Blast Off" vibe from them. (The head is very important in that regard.) In fact, with Air Burst ...if I knew nothing else about that toy but just walked up on it one day, I'd look at it and think *gee, this reminds me of Blast Off*. FoC Blast Off is close, too, and once informed that it IS him I was like- yeah, I can see that.

I just wish CW Blast Off gave the same vibe. He doesn't for me. If it wasn't for his colors he'd look very little like Blast Off at all.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hahahaha so naive you are. :lol 

Pretty much though I'll probably get the Takara version anyways.

I don't know what you're seeing but It looks good to me.

18. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    My opinion on the figures stand .you didn't make them you're self you will go on living maybe have some kids, pay off a mortgage ,chase some grand babies around , all of this will go on in spite of not sharing the Same toy opinion as another board member . I really like the 3p devy too. There are 3p combiners I would get if I could constitute getting if I had the money such as devy but bruticus warbotron is not one of them . I would buy the Hasbro if it was the same price as 3p. Aa a fan of the combaticons there is only one choice.

19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a-FUCKING-men!!
    [​IMG]

20. Raiju

Raiju Stormborn Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey, Before and After Engineer General is a fantastic figure and really fun to mess around with (without fear of stuff coming lose and parts falling off him). :mad 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.