Combiner Wars Bruticus COMBINED! In-hand Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T3store, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 The Machine Wars Guy

News Credits:
    Shockwave.
    That automatically makes him worse. If a Transformer is a chore to transform it's stops being fun and thies are toys after all, toys should be fun.

2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Back on to the actual thread topic given that we are getting color variations. I am totally going to do a desert weathered version . Weathered battle damaged I can't wait to detail these guys

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, I generally like the toys to reflect the original character in a logical way, and Blast Off has always been pretty cool as the aloof orbital sniper of the Combaticons. For me, his "space warrior" specialization from the old G1 bio was always enough to justify his slightly awkward vehicle mode on the team.

That's the real kick in the ribs. If they had to make Blast Off an Aerialbot repaint, you'd think they might actually go with the one whose head is already a close match with Blast Off's traditional one. You sort of have to wonder if they had originally planned it that way, but somewhere along the way, accidentally went with the Slingshot variant.

Sigh.

Lots of people complained about Scattershot... but even so, Scattershot IS at least remolded to look like a futuristic gun-ship, with new wings, nosecone, and head. Silverbolt was a logical base mold to get a Scattershot out of. It's just unfortunate that they didn't remold the combiner head, or at least give him some bigger wings to help hide the folded-up robot on the bottom of the alt-mode a bit better. Those are my only complaints about that figure.

Not that a spaceship needs big wings, but the revised alt-mode is so sleek that it makes the clunky underside stand out all the more when the wings have actual cut-aways to reveal it.

In the case of "Blast-shot" here, they didn't even indulge in some minor remolding... or even choose the Aerialbot mold with the more appropriate head. Nor did they replace Blast-Off with a new (but vaguely appropriate) character a la Bravo, Offroad and Rook. They way they did it just feels utterly slack.

Technically, according to their Tech Specs, it's Vortex... which could be logical, since an interrogator would usually be a military intelligence position. But really, other than Brawl, all the other Combaticons are exceptionally intelligent and skilled, so any of them could make sense.

zmog

4. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Yay

5. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Makes me think about how cw devy is so awesome. Cheap too! But then gravity builder gets revealed (great looking figures) but doesnt look like devy at all! Like who the fuck are these dudes. Jokers are ready to pay ou the ass for it too. Right away want to compare it to official product that looks the way its supposed to. I love my combiner wars figures! Why would i want superion that dont even look like superion? And for $500 too?! Indeed

6. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Have ANY of the 3P Devastators nailed the G1 look like CW Devs? Eh, not really. Not even Gravity Builder captures that feel.

7. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

The only one that's seriously trying to be "G1" is Toyworld's version. And that's squarely a Studio Ox G1, not a Sunbow G1. And we haven't seen anything of it past line art.

Maketoys's Giant is anime-styled, just like all their stuff is.

TFC's Hercules is loosely based on an IDW Devastator, and the Rage kit was a response to post-release demand.

Generation Toy's Gravity Builder appears also to be based on IDW artwork (at least for gestalt) and the individual bots are clearly designed with a buff-as-hell, "we're not your daddy's Constructicons" thing in mind. That is, their own aesthetic take on the team.

Don't build strawmen to knock down, makes you look bad.

8. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I'm just saying none of them really captured the look in the way the CW/UW version did.

Don't hold up 3Ps like they're a messiah now that an official, cheaper, and better version is available. :) 

9. Oshboggy

I wouldn't disagree. But none of them (except TW) aimed to.

You're taking this Hasbro Defence Force thing a bit too seriously, methinks.

Official is good, but not so good that they get an auto-win if they're not giving me GEEWUN.

Cheaper is good, but not so good that it gets an auto-win if the toy isn't GEEWUN.

Better is good, and better is predicated on whether the toy is giving me GEEWUN.

And in respect of the above, I get to decide how GEEWUN is GEEWUN for myself :D 

It's all about the GEEWUN. If TT can do the job then I say bring it! But my halcyon days of youth are long past and I need to rediscover them before I kick it.

10. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very ignorant post. I, for one, care not what I paid for my figures. All I care for is that I like what I bought, be it 3rd party or official. To say "inferior plastic" is SUCH a misnomer knowing full well Hasbro's plastic quality isn't top notch either. No pots calling the kettle black, pls.

Your opinion. I stated he is a complicated figure to transform, and no denying it. Complicated to the point that most, especially 3p haters and those that prefer a more simple transformation (which there is nothing wrong with desiring this), will be extremely put off by it. I never said I didn't enjoy the figure. Despite the complicated design, it is still very ingenious how they managed to put it all together. Like I stated previously: one gets boggled at how they managed that mess and still made it look good. Old statement, but still remains true: Want to knock it? Try it first, then decide.

As for CW Bruticus, I wish Takara would take a different approach to the air vehicles. Yeah, it makes more sense for Blast Off not being a shuttle, but the overly abused method of reusing molds wears thin. Both Blast Off and Vortex could be a different military air vehicle and they'd still pull off the "combat"icon motif.

Despite me not being a strict "geewun" affictionado, I cannot help but agree with your statement, Oshboggy.

11. Oshboggy

Going back to Bruticus - I'm buying the CW combiners because they're relatively inexpensive, fun toys. But Hasbro is cheaping out on these guys something fierce. I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want proper back cannons and a sonic stun gun for Onslaught. And a proper Blast-off. And a Vortex who isn't another lazy recolour. Props for Brawl (who seems really Brawl-y) and Swindle is looking pretty sweet too. But that just makes the laziness for the other 3 guys all the more apparent.

TT will probably save me for Blast-off. As for Vortex and the Onslaught-specific stuff ... who else can I turn to but 3P?

12. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Just going by complaints I have heard from others . I don't go trolling in 3p news threads I was reacting to others trying to rain on our parade
    and you're the one who got this whole thing started laughing at everyone's opinion so why don't you slink on over to the 3p forums and let us have our day

13. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Don't go by word of mouth, go by your own personal experiences. I have been as supportive about official product as I have been of 3p. And will gladly point out the pros and cons of each (which they both have) by what I have personally experienced with them.

Also, I did not start up the conversation regarding 3p. So please, do NOT go about misquoting me and stating I am laughing at anyone regarding their opinion pro or con official/3p. Get your facts straight, especially when attempting to accuse anyone.

Even more important: you don't dictate where anyone goes on whatever part of whatever forum. It's not YOUR forum. You opinion, be it agreed with or not, it just as welcomed as mine and anyone else's. If you can't handle that, that's your issue.

14. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    My personal opinion is the individual figures on warbotron don't resemble the characters, the arms go from his shoulders halfway to heaven and don't even get me started on the vehicle modes. but yeah if you want to argue and try to make others feel bad about something they like I can't stop you but I don't have to continue listening . enjoy you're negativity It won't stop me from being excited about bruticus.

15. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

To me they have because I've yet to see a 3P combiner that even remotely comes close to accurately depicting the characters. Not to mention besides actually resembling the characters, they are affordable making the whole set a hell of a lot less than that of a complete 3P Combiner.

Mind you Motormaster is the weakest link in the CW chain as his factory self, but there are add ons, and some like me I made my own add on for my own torso transformation making CW Menasor the most affordable and best looking Menasor to me. And WTF ever they were thinking with Scattershot, but the Silverbolt mold makes a damn sweet torso for Superion (but wait, TT may have something up their sleeves for Computron).

So, it may be a matter of perspective, but yeah, HasTak has blown 3P away to me...I can safely say I like no complete 3P combiner at all.

Now this one (Bruticus), I agree however, TT needs to make a Shuttle / Drone (that looks like a Shuttle) or something to that effect, a Slingshot repaint just doesn't cut it to me. And for Vortex, he needs his 4 Blade rotor and maybe a new cockpit that's flatter, but, I could live with just a new rotor.

16. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    This shouldn't be a surprise, but I agree with you. Personally, I totally dislike WB's Combaticons/Bruticus for the same reasons you mentioned and more. In fact, with the exception of FoC version, I do not own a Bruticus (3rd party nor official) due to not liking any of the renditions released.

Show me where I am DIRECTLY putting anyone down strictly due to their preference? No editing, nor conveniently cutting off, the quotes, but directly putting them down based only on their preference. Your accusations are starting to wear thin on me. Cease ... NOW.

You like CW Bruticus? Congrats! There is nothing wrong with that. I think they could have done better and hope Takara takes up the mantle. It's not CW Menasor/Motormaster bad, but Blast Off and Vortex could have been better, or at least, different instead of another reused mold. That makes neither of us wrong nor right, just different opinions.

The irony, for me at least, is that I dislike WB's Bruticus, heh. Everyone is welcomed to their tastes and won't be wrong for doing so.

17. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I re-looked at Warbotron after posting...I must have just gone by glances...so, add Warbotron Bruticus to my list of not accurate enough...The only one who comes close is Brawl...he's who I must have been thinking about.

Not saying I would actually spend $400+ for a 3P combiner ever, even if there were an accurate one. So, apparently there are no accurate or even semi-accurate 3P combiners.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    *raises hand*

Though, admittedly, it's less "Don't want" and more "don't care". If only because what's "proper" will always and forever be up to whoever you ask.

Well, that and because the current figures are still a blast to play with even if they're not GEEWUN accurate.

19. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

You know it's funny I only thought the runts playing the Console Wars like it was a legitimate war made up names like that.

"The last Blast Off toy, before FoC was a tank."

And that's beside the fact someone posted a picture of the tank before you posted this. Also beside the fact that what Blast Off was in FoC is some kind of Cybertronian rocket; I'm really not sure how you can even justify calling that thing a shuttle.

20. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like it. not as much as other combiners, but I am planning on getting it. I may wait to see what takara does first though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.