Combiner Wars Bruticus COMBINED! In-hand Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T3store, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

You will find no love for FansProject Motormaster on these forums. That guy is shunned for a good reason.

2. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    As I found out to my own dismay, Ares is a mess and doesn't balance or hold together at all. People are so convinced 3P combiners are "better" because that's all we had at first. I'll take official Superion over TFC's "don't look anything like the Aerialbots and is a bit too big" version.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Who is the Combaticon second in command anyway?

4. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the figure referred to is CW Silverbolt, I fail to see the relevance to FP's Motormaster. But since you brought it up, despite the mess that fig is to transform (and lemme tell ya, he's no walk in the park :lol ) and hate on that fig all anyone wants, he is still eons better than his CW counterpart.

5. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    Posts like this are why I wish the 3P master race would stick to the 3rd Party board and stop coming here to gloat about how allegedly "superior" their precious 3P toys are.

6. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Heh, I think you're the first person I've seen not obsessed with the whole "bigger is better". Maybe there is hope with you yet :wink:  And agreed, Ares is a mess. No one ever said all 3p is better than official. It happens to work that in most cases it topples official, but definitely not always the case. Hell even in my collection I've forgone 3p rendition of figs due to liking the official ones better.

To give credit to TFC's Uranos, their limb-bots alt-modes looked A M A Z I N G! It was their bot modes that left lacking, and their Silverbolt killed it. I used to like Uranos too, but the more I looked at it, the more its flaws became more apparent.

Puh-lease kid, I like official and 3p, and will gladly point out the pros and cons of each. That will never make me any worse (or better) than any other consumer. So keep that master-race dribble to yourself and stop with the hating.

7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a really nice set. On the whole it looks great. But...Its going to be a slap in the face when Japan makes Blastoff. No easy fix there, Japan will be 6 months later, but one Blast Off Better. Choices choices really....

8. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Here's hoping Tak does something awesome with Vortex too. I know, wishful thinking on my part :lol 

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Hehehe.

10. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    I just get tired of certain people (name rhymes with Modesty) always saying "3P is better every time!" It gets grating.

11. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're going to colour him cartoon colours instead of toy colours, which will mean no more yellow arms. But that's about it.

12. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but with everything I've heard about how messy FP Stunticons are, I'll take the Hasbro ones in a heartbeat, even with the first run Motormaster's hip problems. And the only 3P combiners I have are to fill gaps.

13. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Then don't let it get to you and move on from them. I stop letting the 3p-haters get to me. They either dealt with it or got it ignored. Simple as that.

The only thing that should matter to people is if they like the fig or not regardless of it being official or 3p. It is one's $$ after all, so all else is irrelevant.

Dream-killer! :p  :lol  Really hoped they used a combat-copter mold (Apache comes to mind) instead of re-using the Blades mold.

:lol 

Messy? The only one that's messy is M3. His engineering is complicated as all H A E E E e e l, and yet still pulls off the design surprisingly well. It's like a convoluted puzzle that when you put it together you fail to fathom how it still manages to look well :lol  However, I can see how many would be put off by this as he truly is overly complicated. I guess I'd have to say is try it yourself. What put me off from CW Menasor was having it in hand, and honestly not liking it. I truly wish ... no, I know Has/Tak could have done better, even within the budget constraints limiting it. I am baffled at why they didn't. Seeing CW Superion is proof of what I mean.

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What? I actually love the guy. Really, I do. I gave away my CW Menasor because THAT was the one I couldn't stand. I literally just packed up CW Menasor, hit up a long time friend and said "Hey, want some free toys?" and that was it.

I may be in the minority but I don't find FP Menasor that difficult at all. I'll be blunt and say I don't know what people's malfunction is when it comes to that figure. I think it's just people who aren't taking the time to learn it. I'll brag about it but, without instructions or even a video backing me up I was able to transform him from alt mode to robot mode, then to combined mode, then to robot and alt mode once again.

Maybe he just clicked with me but FP Motormaster is one of my most favorite figures in the collection. He looks badass. More than I can say about CW Menasor who looks like a derp-tastic failure of a robot. Especially CW Menasor's face, who looks absolutely confused and frightened, while Motormaster looks like he is eternally cursed with constipation.

I think the best way to say it is that Hasbro's goals and Takara's goals are radically different. What Hasbro does has little bearing on what Takara does. Takara wanted to have a deluxe Groove because they wanted to. They wanted to stick to G1 for every combiner team, and that meant creating a whole new Groove in deluxe scale for Defensor.

I don't see why this will be any different for Bruticus. Blast Off, as per Hasbro, is not G1 accurate, so it won't fly by Takara. Not to mention Takara has teased TWICE that it will most likely be a new mold. Considering they've done pure G1 with every other combiner team, what line of logic would have you believe that, for this once, they'll deviate?

You're talking about a designer, Hisashi Yuki, who came out and said guys like Alpha Bravo and Off Road were the "wrong guys" on the team. Don't you think that a Jet Blast Off falls under that same category? He wasn't a jet in G1, but a space shuttle. That, combined with everything else we've learned about Unite Warriors should indicate that if Blast Off is coming out, he'll be a space shuttle.

15. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    quote of the day. :thumb 

16. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    while I want to agree with you whole-heartedly... I have to remind everyone that "rook" was his name, not "groove"... and "alpha bravo" was his name, not "slingshot/quickslinger"... and last but not least, "offroad" was his name, not "wildrider/brake-neck"...

they are actually calling this brown jet "blastoff", right? kinda turns off the pilot light on your theory.

while I hope TT does in fact make a shuttle version of blast off - I can't for the life of me see hastak releasing 2 different molds with the same name in the same line... (leader megatron's are excluded, ;) )

unless they change the name of "blastoff" to something else and dub it a shuttle, I wont hold my breath...

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm not trying to argue that Hasbro will or not. Honestly, I stand by what I said before.

Fuck Hasbro. I don't want to have anything to do with them if they won't cater to G1 combiner teams.

I'm only interested in what Takara does from this point on and I have no reason to believe Hasbro's release will have any influence on Takara's release whatsoever.

But no, again, I think two teases should be enough to see that Takara's Blast Off is indeed going to be a shuttle. Why would Yuki, the designer in charge of the stuff, talk about finding the right balance of G1 animation model and translating that into a combine-able toy if they were just going to use the Hasbro Brown Off? If Takara can budget out for Groove, I don't see why Blast Off would be such an insurmountable challenge to them. If they really wanted to they could throw it into the Takara Tomy Mall just like they're doing with Ultra Prime and Defensor.

18. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks nice, grey chest looks a lot better than the brown one, too.

But I don't really need a new Bruticus after owning the FOC one with the Microblaze Onslaught, and I don't like how the Onslaught/Hot Spot mold makes the combiner end up the smallest of all of them in a line up.

Maybe I'll pick up Brawl and Swindle. Brawl looks like a great mold and Swindle...is Swindle! ;D

19. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

Where's the legends class Shockwave to go with it?

20. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Exactly . I think 3p guys get so upset because they don't want to concede they paid too much for inferior plastic and toys that bare very little resemblance to the characters that they are supposed to. And dear god don't let the rest of us be happy about anything .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.