Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

While both admirable expectations, neither of those are as celebrated as their first combiner: Devastator. They also aren't as in demand (though I certain there are more than a handful who would prefer G2 Superion or Menasor over an IDW Devastator with Prowl instead of the traditional Scrapper build scheme). I can see G2 Superion or Menasor becoming Amazon exclusives like FOC Bruticus instead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    Ugh I just hope some craps doesn't happen and this is like a BAF that everyone only wants one certain bot so some of us are left limbless or having to use doubles or tripples. I'm looking at you dcuc grundy.

3. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I doubt it will be as extreme having chased Marvel and DC BAFs myself. These are being mass marketed in larger volumes than either ML or DCUC because they sell better and aren't solely an adult collector targeted item (even if that's the majority demographic most likely to purchase CWs).

4. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    So no information on if these guys have ports on the bottoms for the action/flight stands?

5. Acrophobic

Acrophobic Recalled Laser Pointer

Ebay:
    I'm really trying to resist buying two Fireflights, and inevitably messing up a Slingshot repaint. Dragstrip just looks weird on Superion.

Otherwise...wow. I really didn't expect how good the playability looks to be with Superion, my FOC Bruticus can barely hold any interesting poses. Although...my first foray into 3rd party land might have to be that Microblaze Onslaught, just so Bruticus doesn't look out of place next to these massively superior combiners! Errrgh...can't wait for CW to hit the US.

In the meantime, all you lucky bastards in Singapore and the UK, keep posting pictures! Especially the size comparisons with other HasTak and 3rd party combiners. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH. :) 

6. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

I wonder if Drag Strip in Superion is gonna make an appearance in the comics...

7. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im just ready to see video reviews for powerglide and bombshell. everything has been reviewed but the legends figures for some reason.

8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    The deluxes do, Silverbolt doesn't.

9. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    Gundam stand with the interchangeable crotch sizes might work for bot mode

10. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Exactly, what I'm waiting to see as well...

11. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I'll tell you now Power glide is freaking fantastic. Sitting with him now and can't stop fiddling with him. Love the gun mode and how it can combine with Superion's rifle.

Got Bombshell still in the packet. He looks amazing but I've opened 4 deluxes and a legends today. Saving Bombshell for tomorrow.

Sorry I haven't made a video review but that's really not my idea of fun. Sure one will come along soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Thank you! I appreciate the answer. I can understand Silverbolt not having one but would have been neat, it's perfectly fine though. Looks to be a solid fig.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Man I need some combiner limbs. Hopefully in the future they do some repaints of the aerial bots so we can make it the original Superion. Probably the only time I'm don for a repaint. Though Alpha Bravo doesn't look TOO bad.

14. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Just combined Superion for the first time. Very impressive, the transformation for torso mode is very clever.

15. bighatdino

bighatdino Amateur Cat Herder

Oh boy are those deluxes ever slick. Picked up Skydive & Drag Strip and they are so impressive. Everything tucks away nice & solidly and neither's transformation is budget, there's enough to make them a joy to transform, especially Skydive who doesn't transform how I was expecting.

Also picked up Bombshell & he is perfect to go alongside Legends Shkrapnel, including having a bucket load of articulation.

So, yeah, Combiner Wars is impressive so far, I'm sorely tempted to pick up the other two deluxes and maybe Superion (Prime can do a bunk), especially as Alpha Bravo looks fantastic, not sucky as his name sounds.

16. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so jealous

17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just for curiosity, are any of you just going to call Alpha Bravo and Offroad, Slingshot and Wildrider?

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He'll be Slingshot to me until someone makes a more accurate one. As for the other...he'll unfortunately end up being Wildrider but part of me will see him as "Not Wildrider" a la Lil Formers

19. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
  20. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I thought I would, but Alpha Bravo really feels like his own guy. Funnily enough I'm okay with that.

He also gives Superion twin gatling gun knuckles. That's freaking awesome.

I'd like a Slingshot down the line, but not because of completionism but because these toys are great and I want more of them! Slingshot is an ace character too which helps.